Four Young Illegal Immigrants Committed Serious Crimes in the Last Month

Chill a little bit.

The point of the thread is that it's wrong to generalize about large groups of people. Not only for moral reasons, but also because the general statement is bound to be false.

You can't tell me all the DACA-eligible are "playing by the rules". There are literally thousands of documented cases of them breaking the rules. Over 2,000 have been removed from the program due to criminal actions which include murder, rape and human trafficking.

Harris's statement refers to DACA recipients. No one is arguing for the removal of the crime/serious misdemeanor requirement.

So DACA recipients playing by the rules is accurate.

Harris's statement refers to DACA recipients. No one is arguing for the removal of the crime/serious misdemeanor requirement.

So DACA recipients playing by the rules is accurate.

If over 2,000 of them have already been removed from the program due to illegal activity, and hundreds more will be removed this year due to criminal activity, then it's fair to say that the statement "DACA recipients are playing by the rules" is false.

Harris could have said "Some of the DACA recipients are playing by the rules", or even "Most DACA recipients are playing by the rules", but those statements wouldn't have the same political impact.

MSNBC cited a poll today that has the majority believing that Democrats are better at handling Immigration.

How is that possible? Immigration is the one issue where Democrats are completely hypocritical. They are firmly against states rights on same sex marriage, abortion, affirmative action, etc, yet only on immigration are they FOR states rights over federal law. And even worse, they are against local municipal rights on the matter because dozens of local governments are pushing back on sanctuary cities in CA.

If over 2,000 of them have already been removed from the program due to illegal activity, and hundreds more will be removed this year due to criminal activity, then it's fair to say that the statement "DACA recipients are playing by the rules" is false.

Harris could have said "Some of the DACA recipients are playing by the rules", or even "Most DACA recipients are playing by the rules", but those statements wouldn't have the same political impact.

Nope. When they commit crimes they're no longer DACA recipients and receive none of its benefits.

But as usual, playing the semantics game is the last refuge when you're trapped and have no other argument. "We have to figure out the meaning of what 'is' is"

Nope. When they commit crimes they're no longer DACA recipients and receive none of its benefits.

That's a nice dodge. The only conceivable goal of such a dodge is to get people to ignore the thousands of victims of the felonies that the DACA recipients have committed. It is you and Harris who are using weak semantic arguments to attempt to trick people into thinking that granting amnesty to a huge group of illegal aliens won't have any ill effects whatsoever. The point of this entire discussion is that it's wrong to generalize about a large class of people. It also leads to biased policymaking.

When Harris says "these 'kids' are playing by the rules" and thus should be granted protected status, she's not being candid. That group of 'kids' (actually almost 100% are adults, average age 25) contains thousands of people who will commit or are in the process of committing felonies. The evidence is in the record: thousands have already been removed from the program due to a history of felonies.

To take it even further: it is overwhelmingly likely that your statement is false on its face. I would wager confidently that there are DACA-protected individuals right now who have committed felonies but who have not yet been removed from the DACA program owing to bureaucracy and paperwork.

PR works regardless of the validity of the underlying argument. You and Harris have slapped a feel-good euphemistic label on a group of illegal aliens in the name of granting them citizenship. When they commit felonies, just kick them out of the group. Ignore the dead bodies and the rape victims whose suffering you played a role in.

Last edited:
That's never happened. For example, you are a shameless Trump supporter. You'll occasionally acknowledge displeasure at him for not being Trumpy enough, but that doesn't take away from all the cheerleading.

Most people would say, "I wish the president would hire 10 people like him" is praise. Further, his immigration policy reflects his white nationalist ideals, which was my point.

Honestly. You are just getting tore up in these exchanges, dude

Honestly. You are just getting tore up in these exchanges, dude

Dude, you'd take "actually I'm a Republican" as "tearing someone up." Be honest. The guy literally said that he wished Trump would hire 10 people like Miller in the *same post* that he denied praising him. Objectively, he's tearing himself up.

Dude, you'd take "actually I'm a Republican" as "tearing someone up." Be honest. The guy literally said that he wished Trump would hire 10 people like Miller in the *same post* that he denied praising him. Objectively, he's tearing himself up.

He was speaking about Miller on ONE issue

I'm telling u. It's as if u don't even read what he actually posts. And u just accuse him of all sorts of crap but won't back any of it up

he guy literally said that he wished Trump would hire 10 people like Miller in the *same post* that he denied praising him

I believe in precision of language.

praise:

v. tr.
to commend; to express a favorable judgment of

The term "praise" connotes an emotional meaning, which is implicit in the use of the term "favorable". I don't "judge Miller favorably". I merely agree with Miller's views on immigration and would prefer that Miller's preferred immigration policies be implemented in our country. It's a subtle but non-trivial distinction.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/11/ann-coulter-dreamers-in-the-news/

The Bounceback Child Rapist

A few weeks ago, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement caught up with Anastacio Eugenio Lopez-Fabian, 24, in a courthouse parking lot in Oregon. Police in Seaside, Oregon, had arrested Lopez-Fabian for multiple rapes of a girl “younger than 14,” assault and harassment.

Law enforcement then released Lopez-Fabian the day of his arrest, without notifying I.C.E., despite the fact that he had already been deported twice to his native Guatemala, in 2013 and 2014.

Apart from conservative websites — and Britain’s indispensable Daily Mail! — this story made only the local press.

4A96F7DF00000578-5548013-image-m-9_1522126557763.jpg

The Butterfingered Gun Slinger

Also two weeks ago, Jaime Melchi-Sigas, 22, pleaded guilty to the federal offenses of unlawful possession of a firearm and unlawful possession of a counterfeit alien registration card. Melchi-Sigas was already serving time in a state prison for reckless homicide and tampering with physical evidence.

His convictions stemmed from an incident last year when Melchi-Sigas was sitting in the back seat of a car, examining an illegal gun he intended to purchase, and accidentally shot and killed the man in the front seat.

This item appeared in one small local Bowling Green, Kentucky, newspaper.

The Oppressed Rapist

Three weeks ago, Alejandro Perez-Cortez, 26, appealed his five-year sentence for attempting to anally rape a woman, pointing out that he was drunk at the time and barely made enough money to live on, much less send back to his wife and two children in Mexico.

The appeal was denied, on the grounds that being drunk and poor did not constitute evidence of good character — and also that Perez-Cortez was an illegal alien.

The Fleet-Footed Drunk Driver

Ivan Gerardo Zamarripa-Castaneda, 26, killed 57-year-old John Anderson in Denver at around midnight on March 3, when he smashed his pickup truck into Anderson’s truck, setting off a fiery explosion and shutting down I-70 for hours. This poor Mexican who was driving drunk on an interstate — through no fault of his own — fled the scene.

Zamarripa-Castaneda was captured by the police the next day, sound asleep at his home. After his arrest, Denver police held him for one week before releasing him without informing I.C.E.

Only after Attorney General Jeff Sessions and President Trump began denouncing the local sheriff for refusing to turn Zamarripa-Castaneda over to I.C.E. did the story appear anywhere beyond the local press. Now in I.C.E.’s clutches, Zamarripa-Castaneda waits impatiently for Trump to amnesty “incredible kids” like him.

zamarripa-castaneda-ivan-copy.jpg

Note: The fifth illegal immigrant on the list is 38 years old, which would appear to mean that he couldn't have been DACA-eligible (the oldest DACA recipients are currently 37). I removed him from Coulter's list. I am not sure if the other four on the list were DACA recipients or DACA-eligible, so I removed all references to "dreamers" so as not to be misleading (thanks @Phisher and others). I encourage Twitter users to reach out to Coulter and ask her if she has evidence that these people were enrolled in the DACA program when they committed the crimes.

If only there was some law that prevented people from coming into the country illegally and raping/murdering.

That's a nice dodge. The only conceivable goal of such a dodge is to get people to ignore the thousands of victims of the felonies that the DACA recipients have committed. It is you and Harris who are using weak semantic arguments to attempt to trick people into thinking that granting amnesty to a huge group of illegal aliens won't have any ill effects whatsoever. The point of this entire discussion is that it's wrong to generalize about a large class of people. It also leads to biased policymaking.

When Harris says "these 'kids' are playing by the rules" and thus should be granted protected status, she's not being candid. That group of 'kids' (actually almost 100% are adults, average age 25) contains thousands of people who will commit or are in the process of committing felonies. The evidence is in the record: thousands have already been removed from the program due to a history of felonies.

To take it even further: it is overwhelmingly likely that your statement is false on its face. I would wager confidently that there are DACA-protected individuals right now who have committed felonies but who have not yet been removed from the DACA program owing to bureaucracy and paperwork.

PR works regardless of the validity of the underlying argument. You and Harris have slapped a feel-good euphemistic label on a group of illegal aliens in the name of granting them citizenship. When they commit felonies, just kick them out of the group. Ignore the dead bodies and the rape victims whose suffering you played a role in.

Obviously any policy dealing with large groups of people will have some ill effects. Once again, everyone but the completely clueless or shamefully dishonest realizes this. You make decisions based on the best available options, not based on what will work 100%. If you did, nothing would ever get done.

You take any population nearing 1 million and there will be some that commit crimes at some point. If Harris or anyone else made a statement saying "these kids are guaranteed to pla by the rules for the rest of their lives," then you may have a point.

Your last line just underscores your astounding dishonesty. This is right-wing shock jock level. Good job.

Obviously any policy dealing with large groups of people will have some ill effects. You make decisions based on the best available options, not based on what will work 100%. If you did, nothing would ever get done.

I totally agree with this, and you're making my point. Public figures like Harris should be more responsible with their words---less bleary-eyed sobbing about "the kids!" and more acknowledgment that there are costs as well as benefits to DACA. Have you ever heard Harris, Jimmy Kimmel, Cory Booker, Ellen Degeneres, Bernie Sanders, or Stephen Colbert talk about the fact that thousands of DACA recipients have committed felonies and were therefore removed from the DACA program?

We ought to demand honest and balanced messaging from our public figures on this issue.

You take any population nearing 1 million and there will be some that commit crimes at some point. If Harris or anyone else made a statement saying "these kids are guaranteed to pla by the rules for the rest of their lives," then you may have a point.

When one's statements on the DACA issue never mention the downsides of the program while focusing only on the highest performers among that group, they are painting an inaccurate picture which will mislead millions. It is our patriotic duty to present the other side so that a more accurate picture is painted.

Your last line just underscores your astounding dishonesty.

There is nothing dishonest about it. There is blood on the hands of the people who pushed for the protection program without mentioning its downsides. Given the sheer number of felonies committed by DACA recipients (over 2,100 and counting), it is fair to estimate that in the absence of DACA, some of those felons would have been deported before committing the felonies.

Back