Four Young Illegal Immigrants Committed Serious Crimes in the Last Month

You defined "Bannonism" as being a moderate Democrat

False.

I define "Bannonism" as "the ideology and associated policy proposals of Steven Bannon". Not sure why you're trying to twist my words.

But you also have expressed admiration for Bannon

False. Provide the evidence or admit error.

white nationalism

If I'm a white nationalist, why do I advocate for increased incentives for Japanese people to immigrate to the USA? You're aware of that position (we've discussed it before) but you appear to be ignoring it because you want me to fit a mold that you read about in the mainstream media.

You're still pushing a wall as a useful measure.

Correct! Our southern border is far from secure.

If you Googled the stories already, you should have used more credible sources in the OP.

I disagree. Ann Coulter went through the trouble of aggregating the stories for us, so she deserves credit as does Breitbart for publishing the piece. More importantly, you're trying to distract from the point that all the information on the OP is well-sourced.

Explain how.

Paul Ryan's ideology has clashed repeatedly with Bannonism. Ryanism and Bannonism are fundamentally incompatible on the subjects of domestic government spending and immigration. It's possible that future Republicans leaders will steer the party closer to Bannonism.

Get bent is my insult. Find something else.

edit- BTW, "Dreamers" isn't really a "program."

The DREAM Act (acronym for Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act) is an American legislative proposal for a multi-phase process for qualifying alien minors in the United States that would first grant conditional residency and, upon meeting further qualifications, permanent residency.

Dreamers, for modern purposes, refers to DACA recipients, i.e. "qualifying alien minors in the United States that would first grant conditional residency and, upon meeting further qualifications, permanent residency."

DACA is a program. If they commit a crime, they are disqualified from DACA.

The DREAM Act (acronym for Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act) is an American legislative proposal for a multi-phase process for qualifying alien minors in the United States that would first grant conditional residency and, upon meeting further qualifications, permanent residency.

Dreamers, for modern purposes, refers to DACA recipients, i.e. "qualifying alien minors in the United States that would first grant conditional residency and, upon meeting further qualifications, permanent residency."

DACA is a program. If they commit a crime, they are disqualified from DACA.
Dreamers is just PC speech for illegal aliens.

Dreamers is just PC speech for illegal aliens.

I just showed you exactly what it was: a narrow subset of undocumented immigrants who were brought here as young minors, and who qualify for DREAM Act-style programs.

But you're a moron.

Which is PC for someone who is borderline retarded but also morally lacking.

I just showed you exactly what it was: a narrow subset of undocumented immigrants who were brought here as young minors, and who qualify for DREAM Act-style programs.

But you're a moron.

My morals are great. You wouldn't believe my morals. Believe me, I have the best morals.

It's an interesting linguistic question:

If I say, "dreamers are upstanding citizens", what percentage of "dreamers" would you assume I was referring to?

The only interesting question right now is whether or not you have the Integrity to acknowledge your strawman

False.

I define "Bannonism" as "the ideology and associated policy proposals of Steven Bannon". Not sure why you're trying to twist my words.

It's not a twist of your words. You gave Lamb--a typical moderate Democrat--as an example of a "Bannonist candidate."

False. Provide the evidence or admit error.

Oh, brother... Are you now saying you're not a Bannon fan?

If I'm a white nationalist, why do I advocate for increased incentives for Japanese people to immigrate to the USA? You're aware of that position (we've discussed it before) but you appear to be ignoring it because you want me to fit a mold that you read about in the mainstream media.

No, I'm saying it because of your positions on issues, and praise for people like Miller and Bannon, as well as your habit of posting sensationalist anti-immigrant Breitbart propaganda. If I were regularly posting stuff from Cato and Reason on regulations or the evils of gov't, you would be justified in thinking I were probably a libertarian.

I disagree. Ann Coulter went through the trouble of aggregating the stories for us, so she deserves credit as does Breitbart for publishing the piece. More importantly, you're trying to distract from the point that all the information on the OP is well-sourced.

"Credit."

Paul Ryan's ideology has clashed repeatedly with Bannonism. Ryanism and Bannonism are fundamentally incompatible on the subjects of domestic government spending and immigration. It's possible that future Republicans leaders will steer the party closer to Bannonism.

Again, if you're just defining Bannonism as centrist Democratic positions, this is wrong. If you're defining it more in terms of reactionary views with a de-emphasizing of the support for upward redistribution that has defined Republican lawmaking, that's also wrong in terms of policy but maybe right in terms of marketing.

But you're a moron.

{<jordan}

In light of these crimes, is it right for Kamala Harris to go on national TV and say, "The DREAMERs are playing by the rules"?

Yes, because DREAMers, by definition, do not have criminal records.

The fucks in that article aren't people who would have been covered by DACA or the DREAM act. Saying that they are "dreamer age" and trying to conflate with DACA recipients is dishonest hoaeshit.

Yes, because DREAMers, by definition, do not have criminal records.

The fucks in that article aren't people who would have been covered by DACA or the DREAM act. Saying that they are "dreamer age" and trying to conflate with DACA recipients is dishonest hoaeshit.

Give me credit here. As the OP indicates, I lifted this from Ann Coulter's most recent column. She referred to all five of the criminals as "Dreamers". Each case is well documented.

Then I realized the last criminal is 38 years old, which makes him one year older than the oldest DACA recipient. (Next time Kamala Harris tells you about "DACA kids", remember that some of them are 37!)

That's why the OP only contains four criminals. Then I realized that the media doesn't know if the other four were enrolled in the DACA program or would have been DACA-eligible, because...why would they? It's not public information, as far as I know. I think Coulter uses "dreamer" in a mocking way (taking Trump's "Americans are dreamers too" up several notches). I definitely understand that attitude, since the term "dreamer" is PC bullshit.

At the same time, you are right that the term has taken on a meaning of "non-felony-committing illegal aliens that satisfy certain criteria". My goal is not to be misleading. I think I will modify the OP to attempt to eliminate the confusion. I appreciate your feedback.

Last edited:
I have a American friend from my time in Thailand. He told me at one point that our "mass immigration" in Europe is nothing compared to what USA are dealing with. I´m not familiar with your history, dealing with people wanting to move away from Mexico and central America for a future in USA. If someone would fill me in with some cliffs of the timelapse when it started, and when ever or not you having huge problems derived from immigration.(both legal and illegal)

If i would draw an paralell with the immigrants south of your border to our muslims in Sweden, there is a fundamental issue I have with how many actually are qucik to point out and blame if a non-ethnic swede are doing a crime. It´s like if you come to Sweden you are placed in a forever gratitude box, and the zero tolerance modus operandi that are ruling among sceptical people, suffering from xenophobia.

We and many countries with us are suffering from small enclaves with mostly foreign people, dealing with alienation from the rest of us on a daily basis. And from this there is unfortunately a lot of young people feeling they would never be welcomed in to the larger picture, and start doing crimes. Teenagers from same block who has been friends since they were small may shoot each other one day because of gang crime and sides. And it is all about money. Quick money is the God ruling in these areas.

Shooting and gang crime has been a central subject in our news media, and sadly these small fraction of often foreigners killing each other have made the general swede a bit scared and worried what the future will become. And there I see the big problem. How can a small click of hardend criminals dictate and fill so much in our daily life? They are a big blame to be given for the more and more frequent debate about us and them.

On the day before he rapes a child, the applicant is "DACA-eligible". At that precise moment in time, he does not fit reckless Kamala Harris's description because (1) he is not a kid (2) he is not attending a college/university (3) he is not "working at a Fortune 100 company" (4) it's highly unlikely he has been "playing by the rules".

Only the dumb and/or shamelessly dishonest take Harris's comments literally.

The point is, DACA requires its recipients to have completed certain basic milestones that are consistent with productive citizens. No crimes or serious misdemeanors, finished high school or enrolled in school, arrived as children, etc.

Only the dumb and/or shamelessly dishonest take Harris's comments literally.

There it is. No need for presidential candidates to speak accurately. By that measure: are you a Trump fan by any chance?

The point is, DACA requires its recipients to have completed certain basic milestones that are consistent with productive citizens. No crimes or serious misdemeanors, finished high school or enrolled in school, arrived as children, etc.
Chill a little bit.

The point of the thread is that it's wrong to generalize about large groups of people. Not only for moral reasons, but also because the general statement is bound to be false.

You can't tell me all the DACA-eligible are "playing by the rules". There are literally thousands of documented cases of them breaking the rules. Over 2,000 have been removed from the program due to criminal actions which include murder, rape and human trafficking.

You gave Lamb--a typical moderate Democrat--as an example of a "Bannonist candidate."

Yes. You seem not to understand the following concept.

2000px-Venn0001.svg.png

The left circle represents Bannonism. The right circle represents the views of moderate Democrats. Notice the red part in the center. That area represents the views held in common by both Bannon and moderate Democrats.

Oh, brother... Are you now saying you're not a Bannon fan?

A "fan"? Like I have an autographed poster of him on my wall? Like I don't wash my right hand because he shook it once?

I don't like Bannon. Also, I disagree with his ideology.

As an aside, I should make a thread about all the times over the years that you have tried to label me as something (recently: white nationalist, Trump supporter, Bannonist) only to end up with egg on your face.

No, I'm saying it because of your positions on issues, and praise for people like Miller and Bannon

I like Miller's views on immigration and I wish Trump would hire 10 more people like him. I never had "praise for Miller".

I definitely never praised Bannon. I argued that Bannonism is politically potent in Trump's hands. On the flip side, Trump's abandonment of Bannonism weakens Trump.

your habit of posting sensationalist anti-immigrant Breitbart propaganda.

I have never posted anti-immigrant propaganda.

If I were regularly posting stuff from Cato and Reason on regulations or the evils of gov't, you would be justified in thinking I were probably a libertarian.

As you have been doing for the past 10 years on these forums, you have again resorted to labels. If you were to post material from Cato, I would either engage faithfully with the material you posted or ignore it. I wouldn't make assumptions about your beliefs.

As an aside, I should make a thread about all the times over the years that you have tried to label me as something (recently: white nationalist, Trump supporter, Bannonist) only to end up with egg on your face.

That's never happened. For example, you are a shameless Trump supporter. You'll occasionally acknowledge displeasure at him for not being Trumpy enough, but that doesn't take away from all the cheerleading.

I like Miller's views on immigration and I wish Trump would hire 10 more people like him. I never had "praise for Miller".

Most people would say, "I wish the president would hire 10 people like him" is praise. Further, his immigration policy reflects his white nationalist ideals, which was my point.

you are a shameless Trump supporter

I think you are more of a Trump supporter than I am, to be honest.

Most people would say, "I wish the president would hire 10 people like him" is praise.

I don't praise Miller. I think Miller is right on immigration. In order to implement Miller's immigration platform, we need more people like him in Trump's ear. I don't make these things personal the way you do, always talking about "fans" and "heroes" and "praise" and "your boy".

Back