Crime Four LEOs dead and Four Injured in Charlotte, NC Shooting. Suspect dead.

Update:

_133248306_charlottevy.jpg.webp

A fourth LEO has died. The number of wounded has been reduced, in most articles, from eight to four.

Most sources now say only one of the dead was a US Marshal (yet to be identified).

Identified killed:

William 'Alden' Elliott - North Carolina Department of Adult Corrections
Joshua Eyer - Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department
Sam Poloche - North Carolina Department of Adult Corrections

joshua-eyer.jpg

Elliott, Eyer, Poloche

Terry Clark Hughes Jr - suspect (39)

84260651-13366093-image-a-1_1714471374248.jpg

The injured officers are members of the CMPD. One of them is in critical condition.

The first group of officers approached the house and were opened fire upon. It seems that some or all were hit, but return fire killed the suspect. However when other officers approached their shot colleagues/the house a second shooter opened fire, hitting them as well.

The standoff lasted three hours. Armoured vehicles were used to break into the house. A high-powered rifle was found inside.

cc6469e51e2e41e9a08bb2bd442ccb44.jpg

Either two or three people were taken into custody: a 'suspect', a woman and a 17 year-old boy.

Last edited:
I have no idea if @KOPPE is happy about cops dying, but your OP in your latest pit bull thread got a like. Does that mean the person liked that a guy died or that a pit bull was responsible? I guess maybe he could have liked the "dog of peace" part since your love of that term seems to be the main purpose of you starting those threads.
This is why we need more options . . . an eye roll reaction emoji is really needed for many posts here. :)

The cop in the yard drops at about 1:30. I hope it's because he was taking cover and not because he got shot.
The first time i saw the video I saw that, and had to rewatch it to see what happened. I still can't tell. He does start moving after a few seconds so im not sure if he just dropped to get out of the way or if he took a round.

What's the story of the criminal in this case? What felony did he commit and why was he released?

Four cops killed is the biggest number i recall in a good while. Maybe i haven't paid attention but even for America that seems like a lot. I say america because if you have 4 cops killed at the same time in Europe, it's some government falling type of action.

RIP to these Heroes in Blue. Apparently there were two shooters total. One started firing from the house after the first shitbag got turned into a human sprinkler on the front lawn. The videos are terrifying.

I guess I have to remind everyone that this is not a place to post negative over all feelings about the victims of crimes, regardless of if they are law enforcement or not.

Sad that this disclaimer has to be said at all.

Four cops killed is the biggest number i recall in a good while. Maybe i haven't paid attention but even for America that seems like a lot. I say america because if you have 4 cops killed at the same time in Europe, it's some government falling type of action.
Wasn't there several killed in Dallas a few years ago?

What's the story of the criminal in this case? What felony did he commit and why was he released?
Don't know yet, although I don't have infinite time for searching. Judging by the fact they sent a large, multi-agency team under the US Marshals, and by the suspects' reaction, he/they might have already been pretty serious wrongdoers.

Last edited:
So nothing about them serving a warrant to someone when they are home and armed?
This was a colossal fuck up. Serving warrants is probably the most dangerous thing law enforcement does. Not sure why they don't try catch him in traffic
Update:

_133248306_charlottevy.jpg.webp

A fourth LEO has died. The number of wounded has been reduced, in most articles, from eight to four.

Most sources now say only one of the dead was a US Marshal (yet to be identified).

Identified killed:

William 'Alden' Elliott - North Carolina Department of Adult Corrections
Joshua Eyer - Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department
Sam Poloche - North Carolina Department of Adult Corrections

joshua-eyer.jpg

Elliott, Eyer, Poloche

Terry Clark Hughes Jr - suspect (39)

The injured officers are members of the CMPD. One of them is in critical condition.

The first group of officers approached the house and were opened fire upon. It seems that some or all were hit, but return fire killed the suspect. However when other officers approached their shot colleagues/the house a second shooter opened fire, hitting them as well.

The standoff lasted three hours. Armoured vehicles were used to break into the house. A high-powered rifle was found inside.

cc6469e51e2e41e9a08bb2bd442ccb44.jpg

Either two or three people were taken into custody: a 'suspect', a woman and a 17 year-old.

Wondering if this will end up being a friendly fire situation. I just don't think you could put that many lethal shots on several different people while taking fire yourself

More and more people are electing servitude through an unwillingness to police themselves, I won't say an inability to police themselves because they're more than capable of being decent people, they're choosing not to be...

Back