Found an awesome Russian boxing YT channel

StopDucking

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just stumbled upon this channel. Every video is about this old Russian trainer explaining/correcting a move, a drill or a concept. Too bad the whole channel is in Russian with no subtitles (don't let the random English titles fool you) because the coach looks like he could be a Russian @Sinister.

The hard internal rotation of the shoulders is driving me nuts, but otherwise very good.

iv never been a fan of european style when i was coaching mma n ireland years back i noticed how different striking styles were how up right tall people fight vs in the states

They end up with less back and shoulder issues

The hard internal rotation of the shoulders is driving me nuts, but otherwise very good.

We are often though to punch with shoulder rotation and getting power from small jumps or power steps (basically like if you want to smash something on the ground)

On topic I loved how he teaches them mainly how to work in tempo - the small jumps. It is a very hard habit to pick up and I have almost completely gave up to work in that way as it is taxing. But these young kids working on tempo from that little, man you will have beast amateur boxers in this way.

I watched one video where the guy though a 1-2-3 all done assisted with small jumps for balance and body positioning.
It starts from 3:20. Feeling so blessed to be able to speak Russian as a 4th language :p that is some good teaching in his videos.

I've never seen a sound justification for internal rotation of the shoulders that compromises neck posture. Extended mobility doesn't give enough of a benefit to outweigh those of stability of the neck and head.

I've never seen a sound justification for internal rotation of the shoulders that compromises neck posture. Extended mobility doesn't give enough of a benefit to outweigh those of stability of the neck and head.
You sure are right. I am not an expert enough to argue on the topic.

Have you looked at hiw he teaches the.hooks. it is something new for me.

Just stumbled upon this channel. Every video is about this old Russian trainer explaining/correcting a move, a drill or a concept. Too bad the whole channel is in Russian with no subtitles (don't let the random English titles fool you) because the coach looks like he could be a Russian @Sinister.

2nd vid the poor noob is getting a severe talking to. :D

Back