Forums > Fight Discussion > Boxing Discussion > [SCORE THE FIGHT] Lennox Lewis v Ray Mercer

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score

I've not seen this fight since i watched it live, so it was revisited and scored..

RD1 - Lewis landed some hard body shots
Lewis 10-9
(Lewis 10 - 9 Mercer)

RD2- Mercer started to move forwards, but caught a few times
Lewis 10-9
(Lewis 20-18 Mercer)

RD3-Big right hand from Mercer won the round for me
Mercer 10-9
(Lewis 29-28 Mercer)

RD4- Lewis tried to get Mercer out of there, landed some hard shots
Lewis 10-9
(Lewis 39-37 Mercer)

RD5 - Mercer won this round with his jab easily, which was surprising
Mercer 10-9
(Lewis 48-47 Mercer)

RD6 - Mercers round again, just too busy for Lewis
Mercer 10-9
(Lewis 57-57 Mercer)

RD7 - Lewis hurt Mercer in this round, Lewis round
Lewis 10-9
(Lewis 67-66 Merver)

RD8 - Lewis starts to move and land, something he should have probably done the whole fight
Lewis 10-9
(Lewis 77-75)

RD9 - Mercer won the round by being busier
Mercer 10-9
(Lewis 86-85)

RD10 - Mercer for me had the better of the round, not much happened but he pushed Lewis back
Mercer 10-9
(Lewis 95-95 Mercer)

I initially on first watch live, had Lewis losing close, but after scoring it now, it was a super close fight

Someone wanna edit the title please

giphy.gif

Title rolls off the tongue.

I'll watch the fight later and post my thoughts on it.

This was a great fight and I rewatched it last year and I think I had Mercer ahead but I'll chime in later on when I've watched it again.

I haven’t seen this fight for years. Ill take another look at this. Had Lewis just winning it back in the day but there might be some bias from my side. Was a massive fan of Lennox

Lewis showed his mettle in this one. Was too much of a Tyson fan to enjoy Lennox' safety first style but this was a thriller.

Just scored this one in the last six months or so, actually. I THINK I had it a draw, it was a great fight, and as mentioned Lennox showed his toughness against one of the toughest motherfuckers to step in the ring in that era.

Will try to find a chance to look for my card or re score later since it's been a minute. But yeah, great fight.

I like this idea btw, I was thinking of doing something similar for the last 2 or 3 years called "Score the Round." but never got to it.

Alright dug up the card. I had it 96-94 Lennox. You and I scored several rds differently, tho, but came to similar conclusions anyway. When I score fights I usually have special markings for kd's, pt deductions, etc.

I also have this thing called "wow" rds that signify an especially great rd where they beat each other like savages and there's usually big drama show where they go back and forth. I had the 4th rd dor this one a wow rd so must've been a fun one.

I scored this fight a couple times for Lewis, Mercer has nothing to be ashamed of here, but Lewis won.

id like to see more opinions, watching it live i thought Lewis lost, but ona replay maybe he won, or got a draw.

And it appears that there are no mods in the boxing forum to correct the title?

Back