Forty Thieves clothing Rocks!

wdklude

White Belt
Reaction score
I purchased a pair of Forty Thieves Shorts back in December at a Total Combat event in Yuma. At first glance they seemed like any other shorts. Although when I took a closer look, that was definitly not the case. The new concepts in which these shorts had is what intrigued me such as the neoprene waistband and crotch area, the velcro waist strap, the lightweight material, and the low profile logo (Im not a fan of the "look-at-me im a Full Contact Fighter!" type logos). The owner also hooked me up on great deal as well. I have since then tried them out a good 15 times on the mat. They're awesome!!! Not only are they durable but the velcro (which i was kind of skeptical about) stood up to its function. The neoprene was an awesome concept how they just bind to you as well as the movement in the shorts were free flowing. They dried up really quickly, which is also great. I not only use these just on the mat, but when I surf too. If any of you guys surf without wetsuits, these are great. I recommend them to anyone, they're the best bang for the buck. Ive since then bought a couple shirts form their website, and what can I say, im a fan of their products and their service ( would you believe if I said got my shirts in 2 days?). Id like to see what they'll come up with next.

First post and it sounds like an ad for 40 Thieves. Did you just sign up on Sherdog just to post that?

likkuid said:
Somebody ban this guy. Please.

Rather harsh that.He hasnt put up a direct link to anything he is selling and it seems like an informative post to me.Of course if he is associated with the company that is a different matter,but maybe he is just givng due respect.A bit better than reading "Fighter X would beat Fighter Y because he is a Romosexual and too old and his head is too small" or some similar shit.

Anyway Likkuid which martial art are you training in this week?:icon_chee

This thread is funny. He could've at least tried a little bit more to make it sound legit.

Looking at the other posts that were written by Fortythieves,they read differently to this one.However , the way this one goes on about all the technical goodies in these shorts makes me wonder if he has'nt got some association with the company(beyond a very satisfied purchaser)That said(typed?) He coulda got the blurb off their site/any bumf they sent out/gave him with the shorts but he doesnt read like the guy who owns Fortythieves and posts under that screen name though......

I suppose if its his first post he coulda got all this stuff and put it up to validate his claim somewhat....Maybe a tad over anxious to please you demanding G&E regulars.....

Anyway I think there is something Foz/Mods can do to check and see if it is the same guy or not?Checking the IP server or something like that 'cos there was something going on with someone trolling in the other forums,getting banned and people kept thinking he was coming back so they chased down the IP address or something technical like that(scratchs head ,confused) to see if it was the same guy or not.Let us know if you can ,Foz ,and if this guy is trying to big up himself I'm sure you'll sort it.

Tone C said:
Anyway Likkuid which martial art are you training in this week?:icon_chee

Well, I trained in Kyokushin last week - the dojo sucked =D So today I'm training in Judo and tomorrow in Goju-Ryu Karate!

I also will agree. The waistband and crotch is an excellent design along with the low-pro logo...I also got my shit in 2 days.

I like the embroidered logos like Tapout and Sprawl have - I stay away from the screen printed stuff like Fourty Thieves/Koral, etc.

Guys of the forum,

It is not me as you can see. We don't believe in hyping or misrepresenting our products. What we believe in is word of mouth from our customers. If you don't like our products in anyway then kudos to you and if you do then kudos to you too. But guys, there are bigger fish to worry about than a pair of grappling shorts, such as the war in Lebannon and the tsunami disaster that just happend in West Java. Just my two cents. Thank you all.

that guy from FT

likkuid said:
I like the embroidered logos like Tapout and Sprawl have - I stay away from the screen printed stuff like Fourty Thieves/Koral, etc.
I tend to gravitate towards gear with embroidery too. It just makes me feel like I spent my money on the superior product.

maybe you should have posted this in the reviews section of G&E...

Whether or not this guy is affiliated with Forty Thieves, everything he wrote is true. Just be aware that they tend to size big. I normally wear a 32, but wear a size 30 in 40 Thieves. no, they are not screened they are embroidered. I don't like tapouts designs, but tapouts shorts do last--have had mine for 3 years and they still hold. Sprawl are ugly but last.

The large "Forty Thieves" down the right leg on the front of their board shorts is embroidered.

The embriodery on Forty Thieves shorts are quality. I can't stand when people do heat transfers on MMA Shorts because it falls of right away.

forty theives are very stylish, i just wonder about length, as a tall guy( six foot six) I like shorts with decent length. From what i have seen of these they look a little on the short side. they do look nice though.

Back