Fortnite thread

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by Higus, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Higus

Higus Silver Belt

Anyone playing the beta?

There are things that I really like about it, like making bases defenses to fend off hordes of zombies. The aesthetics are fun and quirky. Once you get the hang of building and crafting traps and weapons, you can really find ways to express yourself and do cool things.

But there is also a lot of bullshit. I think they have a fundamentally flawed F2P business model that will ultimately kill the game. A lot of the mechanics are built around RNG. Your weapons break after a while, and your AI defenders can't make their own ammo, which is a HUGE drag.

I've only started it, but I'm enjoying it. The developers are onto something, but there's definitely a ceiling on how much you'll get out of it in the long run because of the business model and initial learning curve. I'm optimistic that they'll balance things out and iron out some of the broken aspects over time.

Clippy likes this.
  2. Eazy123

Eazy123 Brown Belt

The concept of Tower defense as a whole is bullshit to me. That's what turned me off to this.

3. Lord Palis

Lord Palis ♔ Alt alright

This game is so much less irritating than PUBG.

I love PUBG, 700+hrs in, but man is it irritating that Fortnite has a much better Netcode and design with the same engine as PUBG.

Unreal Engine? Both.
    Netcode? Fortnite actually gives a shit and has a much better Netcode (comparisons all over with data to prove).
    Both run on the same Amazon Cloud base hosting service yet Fortnite is superior.
    Gfx? I love PUBGs style way more but you know what, I can get past that when I feel like my aim is hindered by PUBGs bs netcode rewarding higher pingers with kills around the corner.
    Fortnite building? I hated it at first, but the more I play and get used to the building your own base, it's fucking awesome. Caught out in the middle of the field with no cover? You now have a chance and man have I had some bad ass moments so far in my newbie Fortnite career.