Fortnite or Unknown Player Battlegrounds.. which one should I get?

Pubg is the better game. Building in fort nite really ruins the game imo. But it’s optimized much better than pubg.

This.

Also the dudes who are good at building make it so impossible for a new player to do well, unless you are willing to practise for hours (boring).

Theoretically, PUBG should be better than Fortnite, but Fortnite forces the action more, so in practice it is better.

fortnite is free sooooo maybe try it out first?

I havent played Fortnite but really enjoy playing PUBG.

I dont get the hate it seems to get for its 'bugginess'. I have played around 15 hours and can honestly say i have never come across a single bug.

Could it be due to the PCs that the people are using?

This.

Also the dudes who are good at building make it so impossible for a new player to do well, unless you are willing to practise for hours (boring).
Lol wot. Building is really easy and takes very little time to get the hang of. I'm not as good at building as a lot of people but good enough to have 5 solo wins and to regularly place in the top 5 - top 10

I havent played Fortnite but really enjoy playing PUBG.

I dont get the hate it seems to get for its 'bugginess'. I have played around 15 hours and can honestly say i have never come across a single bug.

Could it be due to the PCs that the people are using?
The game was really buggy several months ago. There are still some bugs, but they're harder to come across unless you're doing it on purpose. Most of the complaints are memes.

The main ones you encounter these days are
1.) server connection issues in lobby

2.) Some holes in certain maps.

3.) Vehicle shit

Last edited:
Fortnite is free, so try it. If you don't like the cartoony look and worrying about the building aspect, come play PUBG. Those were the deal breakers for me. They are very different games outside the core concept.

Fortnite is free, so try it. If you don't like the cartoony look and worrying about the building aspect, come play PUBG. Those were the deal breakers for me. They are very different games outside the core concept.
TS is banned bro

TS is banned bro
lol, didn't even notice. Post still stands for those curious I guess. I wondered when his luck would run out in the War Room.

Took me roughly 60 hours to start noticing them to the point of beginning the debate towards leaving the game.

• No regions, not talking about continental regions. Here in the USA i live in NY. 75% of my matches placed me in west coast servers. This results in 90ms delay by default.
  • Movement controls are delayed. When you trying strafing one direction then strafing another direction a massive delay exists(accelerate, decelerate, stop, accelerate then reach full strafing speed). Delay also exists in the initial strafe for the character takes 1-2 second to reach their full strafing speed. The delay jumping has is mimicked in all character movement keystroke actions.
  • End game. To play the game in any competitive nature it requires you to be anti-competitive for the first 20-30 minutes of each match.
  • Hitreg. When they bumped player count from 60 to 99 the servers degraded and hitreg became a massive issue. Instead of reverting player count they instead lowered the server tickrate, broke melee and reduced the match loot table.
  • Character eye level. You'll notice your character eye level is equal to a door handle.
  • Bullet origin being from the weapon muzzle. Original map is plagued by direct line of sight yet your bullets are impacting an object infront of you that isnt seen. Newer maps seem to have been designed properly to avoid this.
  • Weapon loot table. Clumping and absent loot is common.
  • Close quarters combat is abysmal.
  • Game sound. While they improved certain sounds over the past year the overall sound is still horrific.
  • Game balancing. Brendan Green isnt a game developer. PUBG developers, this is their first ever FPS genre game. They dont have the talent and knowledge to balance the game. Instead theyll wait for Fortnite to roll out a positive BR change and copy it(first circle location from plane prior to drop).
Doesnt help that they delayed Pc development to rush out the console version before christmas. Created real world currency loot boxes while still in early access. An still havent opened up the game to modding like orginally promised. First two points was also a promise that they wouldnt allow happen until Pc hit 1.0.

Just bought pubg

You made the right choice, assuming you aren't a streamer trying to make money or a 14 year old.

PUBG is much more brutal at the start, will take some time to get comfortable and find your groove. Until then you'll get mulched a lot, often by people you don't see.

Took me roughly 60 hours to start noticing them to the point of beginning the debate towards leaving the game.

• No regions, not talking about continental regions. Here in the USA i live in NY. 75% of my matches placed me in west coast servers. This results in 90ms delay by default.
  • Movement controls are delayed. When you trying strafing one direction then strafing another direction a massive delay exists(accelerate, decelerate, stop, accelerate then reach full strafing speed). Delay also exists in the initial strafe for the character takes 1-2 second to reach their full strafing speed. The delay jumping has is mimicked in all character movement keystroke actions.
  • End game. To play the game in any competitive nature it requires you to be anti-competitive for the first 20-30 minutes of each match.
  • Hitreg. When they bumped player count from 60 to 99 the servers degraded and hitreg became a massive issue. Instead of reverting player count they instead lowered the server tickrate, broke melee and reduced the match loot table.
  • Character eye level. You'll notice your character eye level is equal to a door handle.
  • Bullet origin being from the weapon muzzle. Original map is plagued by direct line of sight yet your bullets are impacting an object infront of you that isnt seen. Newer maps seem to have been designed properly to avoid this.
  • Game sound. While they improved certain sounds over the past year the overall sound is still horrific.
  • Game balancing. Brendan Green isnt a game developer. PUBG developers, this is their first ever FPS genre game. They dont have the talent and knowledge to balance the game. Instead theyll wait for Fortnite to roll out a positive BR change and copy it(first circle location from plane prior to drop).
Doesnt help that they delayed Pc development to rush out the console version before christmas. Created real world currency loot boxes while still in early access. An still havent opened up the game to modding like orginally promised. First two points was also a promise that they wouldnt allow happen until Pc hit 1.0.

As a developer I really see the shortcuts and cover ups that the pubg Devs use. There is some abysmal stuff taking place.

The slow movement speed is used in an attempt to mask the low tick rate imo.

I do appreciate the approach to "realism", with bullets originating from the guns barrel etc, but it does get annoying shooting rails and the edges of hills when trying to shoot over.

I've just adopted behaviour in my play style to mitigate it, like never being hardup against an object I'm scoping over.

As a developer I really see the shortcuts and cover ups that the pubg Devs use. There is some abysmal stuff taking place.

Did you read how Dell are selling their laptops to PUBG users in China now?

Did you read how Dell are selling their laptops to PUBG users in China now?

No? What's that all about?

Lol I give up on competitive online games

PUBG isnt a competitive game. Common trend exists when a new multiplayer game becomes popular among users. Vocal minority demands an esport element to justify their game of choice. Certain game developers take it a step further by promoting an esport element of their game title to sell units; Evolve did this.

This topic surrounds two game titles that are at best casual competitive.

I like both but prefer fortnite, it’s more of a polished game and seems to be updated more frequently.

Some of the recent updates are really bad like the homing launcher.

I’ve played around 700 games and won around 70.

Pubg i’ve Not played as much, I think I’ve played around 50 games and not won a single game.

Back