Fortnite Battle Royale is up and free | Page 5

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by Eazy123, Sep 26, 2017.

1. someguyy Brown Belt

someguyy
    If they don't put it on Steam or other providers I already have, I don't see anything that inspires me to install it.
    Though, some games are much better to play than they look they would be.

2. RoryFan Wears Hats

RoryFan
    That's hardly fair. PUBG is a rip off of King of the Kill which a rip off of the Arma mod. It's not like PUBG was an original idea, it's just been the best executed version of the idea so far.

Mga223 and someguyy like this.
  3. someguyy Brown Belt

someguyy
    Tru dat. I'd compare it to Facebook.

4. Madmick Stop Spoiling My TV Life (it's the one I like)

Madmick
    Exactly the point.

5. JaegerIT per aspera ad astra

JaegerIT
    downloading now, love PUBG, but it doesnt take in the full power of my big sexy gaming PC

6. Madmick Stop Spoiling My TV Life (it's the one I like)

Madmick
    Still, it's a pretty goddamn demanding game to be having this kind of success. That's what makes this all the more incredible.

Look at the most popular PC games in the world and on Steam:
    • League of Legends
    • World of Tanks
    • Minecraft
    • World of Warcraft: Legion
    • Dota 2
    • CS:GO
    • Rocket League

MINIMUM SPECS

Of these WoW has the most demanding minimum specs by a considerable margin (and it's behind a pay wall):
    • OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 with latest service pack
    • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 or AMD Phenom II X3 720
    • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 440 or AMD Radeon HD 5670 or Intel HD Graphics 5000
    • RAM: 2 GB
    • DirectX: Version 9
    Compare the minimum required specs for PUBG:
    • CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 / AMD FX-6300
    • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    • RAM: 6 GB RAM
    • DirectX: Version 11

You can essentially play any of these other games on almost any mediocre decade-old computer. PUBG actually requires a respectable mid-level build that is 5-years-old or younger.

The pool of potential players is utterly dwarfed by these other games, and yet PUBG is hanging with all of them but LOL.

MacDuffle likes this.
  7. Jimmy Needles privileged white male

Jimmy Needles
    how is the console aiming on this game?

8. Mga223 Yellow Card

Mga223
    Dumbest thing about this game is when you down someone they are invulnerable for like 5 seconds

9. AndersonsFoot Brown Belt

AndersonsFoot
    Inconsistent IMO.

10. mr.bigglesworth Yellow Card

mr.bigglesworth
    PUBG, and games like DayZ and Arma, are poorly optimized for any system(I have a highesh end PC and constantly get fps drops to 10, barely maintain 50fps, game constantly crashes, servers lag, server maintenance at peak hours, etc). If Blue Hole would get their shit together and relaunch PUBG as a bug-free title it would blow its own numbers out of the water.

I still cannot believe this game has risen to these levels despite being just a moderate upgrade to H1Z1(only ~150,000 most unique players). But it's only up from here for this genre which could define a generation. I fully expect 2018 COD(and similar games) to have a battle royale due to the insane popularity.

It's crazy that PUBG reached a seemingly magic threshold of being good enough to attract all of the players who were on the fence--and it turns out that number of players was fucking massive. H1Z1 team has to be kicking themselves to literally miss out on millions of players with just a couple updates.

11. Captain Obvious Blue Belt

Captain Obvious
    Jesus why so douchey about someone liking a different video game than you?

PUBG is slow and boring as hell. FN pacing and building is awesome.

You didn't even make a single legitimate criticism of the game. When it came out, whatever you are talking about with metacritic, and the fact that PUBG is breaking records are not good reasons as to why a different game can't even be classified as "good."

FN legitimately does a few things better than PUBG.

PUBG's update progress is also coming along slow as fuck despite all that money they are making.

There is room for plenty of Battle Royale's. Shitting on ones trying something different is lame tbh.

PUBG could learn a thing or two from the "scraps that FN is affording" to it's plebeian playerbase.

Mga223, SheetsMMAfan and Eazy123 like this.
  12. mohawkblood420 Talkin Talko Belt

mohawkblood420
    Been waiting to try it out but takes too long to join a match.

I have a ? about wireless controller for xb1.

My controller keeps disconnecting from the console and everything i tried changes nothing,i even have my console on a table sitting not even a foot away but yet it still disconnects.

What could be causing this?

13. Madmick Stop Spoiling My TV Life (it's the one I like)

Madmick
    Try re-pairing it using a USB charging cable:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects

mohawkblood420 likes this.
  14. mohawkblood420 Talkin Talko Belt

mohawkblood420
  15. Madmick Stop Spoiling My TV Life (it's the one I like)

Madmick
  16. SheetsMMAfan ——Ç®èÅtîvÏTÿ——

SheetsMMAfan
    Fortnite Servers were down a few times this weekend with connection issues as well due to database errors. I played the "Save the World" PvE almost all weekend and had errors myself.

The shear volume of players that played PvP and PvE this weekend were insane. PvE had a new 25 quest line that took you through new AWESOME looking areas for some free phatty loot that is normally VERY hard to come by and PvP dropped leaderboards and cosmetics for characters.

At the rate in which Fortnite is growing PvP wise, it will for sure keep pulling in great numbers. Having their currency bounce between PvP and PvE, and making PvP players have to ether buy currency for cosmetics or actively play PvE is brilliant. It's injecting ALOT more life into the PvE portion of the game to get players to earn currency to spend in PvP.

PUBG is a phenomenon for sure that started this trend, but I do believe others like Fortnite will find their niche and perhaps come close to rivaling. The art style is beautiful, and I believe they will churn out content/updates/patches at a much faster rate than PUBG will and can.

Comparing the two though, there is definitely an audience and room for both. Some think Fortnite is better, some think PUBG is better, to each their own, but neither of those statements are fact. PUBG has the numbers right now, and I believe will maintain HUGE numbers for quite a while. As new games emerge that use this formula though, they will start giving players things that PUBG do not (ala building in Fortnite, which is awesome).

I am not a PvPer at all, and absolutely LOVE Fortnite PvP. I can jump in for 20-30 minutes and depending on how long I last, get multiple games in. Queues are quick, your jumping out of the bus minutes after dying, and your right back in the action. As a PvE'er, this is definitely a welcome addition to the game and gives me a break from the grind.

MacDuffle and mohawkblood420 like this.
  17. mohawkblood420 Talkin Talko Belt

mohawkblood420
    Anyone on xb1 up for some duo?

Only level 8 and play solo mostly but def ready for duo haha

18. Madmick Stop Spoiling My TV Life (it's the one I like)

Madmick
    Highest figures they've released is 525K peak concurrent players, three weeks ago, across all platforms and regional servers. So it's definitely going to enjoy in the success of capitalizing on the hottest new subgenre of gaming just as multiple games did with MOBAs when they became a thing following Dota.

Nevertheless, PUBG hit 2.4m concurrent this past weekend, and it hasn't even tapped the Xbox market yet. I have yet to find confirmation of any official port plans for the PS4, and I doubt Microsoft will allow it. There have been rumors of a mid-to-late 2018 release, but even that isn't confirmed.
    PUBG PS4 release date could be DELAYED because of new Xbox One deal
    PUBG Xbox release: Battlegrounds creator makes HUGE promise - but bad news for PS4 gamers

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  19. Mga223 Yellow Card

Mga223
    Tempted to buy the PVE for this, seems fun even though it's free next year.

MacDuffle and SheetsMMAfan like this.
  20. Mga223 Yellow Card

Mga223
    I don't understand why Microsoft wouldn't allow it though? You know it would be the most played game on ps4 as it will on 360.

Wouldn't money wise it be better to release on both?

With the success with fortnite, you think they'd want those people playing Pubg.

Or am I missing something?