Fortnite Battle Royale is up and free **Update** Limited 50v50 PvP Mode! | Page 6

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by Eazy123, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Madmick Stop Spoiling My TV Life (it's the one I like)

Madmick
    To sell more Xbox Ones. It's a game so popular that it will move platforms, not just copies.

Simple as that.

2. SheetsMMAfan ——Ç®èÅtîvÏTÿ——

SheetsMMAfan
    I REALLY enjoy the game. I play survival grind fest games though, so this is right up my alley. There are several different ways to play and enjoy this game, so I am sure you will find your nitch.

- Scrounge mats, build big bases or killer choke points in a tower defense
    - Go FPS, scrounge enough mats to keep ammo stocked up and go guns/swords blazing
    - Explore each map thoroughly, doing every side mission for max experience while foraging for materials for your teammates

- Base building is the Constructors fortay. Everyone can build, but some versions of the constructor can do it for cheaper, and then plop a BASE unit down to protect and strengthen your base.
    - FPS is all soldier and ninja for the most part. Ninjas have ranged shurikens or melee abilities that decimate enemies, or go soldier with assault rifles and pack a serious punch with bullets and grenades. (Outlanders have ONE subclass that a good damage dealer, other than that see next bullet point)
    - Exploring and foraging is an Outlanders bread and butter. Drop all your materials at the objective for the constructor to build, go forage back up to max materials and bring loot llamas back to the objective as well, all to assist the builder in building the base without stressing on materials. It may seem like your "not doing much", but believe me, Constructors love NOTHING more than being spoiled.

If you need anything in game (On PC), contact Sheeeeeeets. That goes for anyone in PvE that needs assistance :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    mohawkblood420 likes this.
  3. mohawkblood420 Talkin Talko Belt

mohawkblood420
    @SheetsMMAfan

Is that all for the beta or are you talking about the PC game?

Im new to Fortnite and am only playing Battle Royale.

Sucks i can only play solo and nobody on my friendslist is on at the same time as me for duo.

4. SheetsMMAfan ——Ç®èÅtîvÏTÿ——

SheetsMMAfan
    Yessir, all PvE stuff. I dabbled in the Battle Royal scene for like 2 hours and it felt great, just too many things to grind out in PvE to free up time for me to play PvP.

Once I am settled in PvE, I will start playing PvP primarily, as it will be a nice change of pace.

MacDuffle and mohawkblood420 like this.
  5. Fraz The Larry

Fraz
    I played a solo game yesterday, have no idea what i'm doing , managed to get a kill though.

6. mohawkblood420 Talkin Talko Belt

mohawkblood420
    Ive managed to be top 6 last night,was shooting the guy up who killed me but he was loaded with the damn protection potion or whatever its called.lol

7. TuBB Capt. of tha Baynes Train

TuBB
    It's a shield potion lol

8. MacDuffle Black Belt

MacDuffle
    The PVE paid story mode is still in beta, but already deep as fuck. This is one of those games that you can immediately tell was designed for expansion stacked on expansion. Because of its "future times, anything goes" colorfulness it can consistently add any variation of zany gizmos, novelty weapons/playable characters. The more I play PVE, the more I appreciate the flexibility of its loot system. Microtransactions actually suit this system perfectly, and in a way that doesn't punish players who instead grinded legit for their drops. A legendary weapon or character can absolutely get edged out in the same stats as a suped-up "rare" item that has been upgraded a lot. Curating a massive loot collection, upgrading your favorite schematics and trap systems, designing your play style and perks alongside other players doing something totally different make the game's PVE coop a must-buy IMO

Just buy the cheapest story mode unlock you can find, you'll be drowning in glorious loot soon after anyway

ITT no one gives a flying mention of the Japanese original Battle Royale film and it makes me a teeny bit sad

Arma didn't invent 'makeshift weapon salvaging in a steadily shrinking map'

Do it sooner rather than later because you'll want the Halloween bonus content to boost you right now -completing those side missions alone earns players legendary loot packs, never mind all the xp and main mission drops. There are a ton of really good reasons to level up your loot and characters before PVE drops free. If you buy no other game this month, make it Fortnite PVE because its loot system, base system, squad system and other gameplay dynamics are deeper than deep

With the highest console sensitivity enabled it still feels 10 times slower than many modern shooters, but I suspect that was to balance PVP and PVE to force players to team up to fight, rather than destroy everything in rinse/repeat swivel clicks by yourself

SheetsMMAfan and mohawkblood420 like this.
  9. RoryFan Wears Hats

RoryFan
    Quentin Tarantino rates it as his favourite film ever made. The man knows his stuff.

Holy shit was the second one a stinker though.

10. MacDuffle Black Belt

MacDuffle
    Yea but Tarentino also studied every genre in the book, poured over hundreds of hours of film and then made roughly 398 grindhouse B movies in a row

Quipling likes this.
  11. rob mafia Green Belt

rob mafia
    no way. you just don't know cinema mastery when you see it.

i don't really understand the hype for this game, but maybe i'll check it out sometime.

12. MacDuffle Black Belt

MacDuffle
    Watch any PVE mission vid on youtube and you'll get why scrounging mechanical parts out of fire hydrants currently makes my dick hard

13. Towelie by TKO The Continental Belt

Towelie by TKO
    Getting awarded a Plat account for posting nudes.
    The one reason I'm starting to like Fortnite over PUBG is that when I play Fortnite, even when I lose, I feel like I'm getting better. I'm learning how to use the guns, I'm learning to use the crafting system better, I'm getting better at finding chests, etc.

PUBG I feel like I never get better at the game's mechanics, because I could play for a 2-3 hour session and only actually get into 4-6 firefights where I can get a handle on the shooting mechanics.

14. SheetsMMAfan ——Ç®èÅtîvÏTÿ——

SheetsMMAfan
    I know, I know. PUBG has/had more players, but this isn't a PUBG thread.

That was in the response that I know I will get from this video by the way...

Shoemaker and Mga223 like this.
  15. ScarHead Lord of the Dnation Dance

ScarHead
    I got it on ps4

16. Shoemaker ****BOILERPLATE****

Shoemaker
    A Boat With Shannon Briggs, Right Behind You
    I just started playing last night. So far I like it, even though I'm pretty abysmal. I was debating playing that or PubG, and Fortnite won being free and all.

17. kevy2pale size 33 belt

kevy2pale
    is there a way to keep the weapons u get before the jump, like in the area b efore the game starts. I always find weapons there but then when i jump into the game i dont have them anymore... but some people start off with guns it seems like

18. SheetsMMAfan ——Ç®èÅtîvÏTÿ——

SheetsMMAfan
    You all start off with empty inventories. Some people like to drop in remote locations to make gearing up easier, some people like to spawn in high populated areas for that initial rush of finding a weapon and killing peeps.

But like I said, everyone starts with nothing.

19. kevy2pale size 33 belt

kevy2pale
    what are the weapons for in the waiting area? just to mess around with? I have dropped in and when landed got shot right away, thats why I thought some started with weapons. I guess some people just know the maps and where to land to get weapons right away then

20. Phelly2 Purple Belt

Phelly2
    Basically, yea. They're just for messing around.

The reason you got shot right away is because people make it a point to land as quickly as possible on a spot they know spawns guns.

I usually land on the roof of the White House at anarchy acres or fatal fields because a ton of weapons spawn in the house and there's 2 possible chests that spawn in that house. If I can land there before anyone else, I'll kill them before they get a chance to shoot back.

Of course that's a somewhat popular area to land, so you'll usually have to kill 2 to 4 people before you leave. Im only able to do it about like 60-70% of the time, but if you pull it off, you end up with a crap ton of loot. Ready for mid/end game.

And if you fail, it's a short game and you don't waste time being underequipped in the late game against what are inevitably the best players on the field.

Shoemaker, SheetsMMAfan and kevy2pale like this.