Forrest Griffin: "Ariel Helwani used me"

Does Ariel actually know about MMA? Outside drama? Ppv sales etc..

I hate Luke Thomas but the guy can breakdown fights and actually train?.. has Ariel ever displayed any type of knowledge when it comes to MMA?
Has megan? Shes the worst interviewer. Its like amateur hour.

He was saying she makes the person being interviewed feel comfortable because it's the UFC's job to put their fighters in a positive light.

That's not necessarily true. The UFC will shed negative light on their fighters too if it's in the UFC's best interest. The sole fact that she does what's best for the UFC would cause a conflict of Interest if she was a journalist, as the interest for most journalists is to find the truth and report it.

Also, I'm not sure if the rules for good and bad journalists are as black and white as you're making them out to be.

Pretty much nails it.

The fact that she's got a job with the UFC is a bit like taking Joe Rogan seriously when he's saying so and so is the best ever. Reporters exist to piss people off by reporting. Why do you think Trump gets all rustled when someone accurately reports what he says and calls it fake news? No one wants to look bad, even when they're completely at fault.

I don't like Ariel for the reasons already cited. I know that Megan isn't a reporter, which is just one reason why the comparison Forrest made between her and Ariel was really dumb.

Like I said, I pretty much agree with what you've said. I just found that comparison to be stupid and out of place.

Forrest certainly isn't a Rhodes scholar.

CqcROu3VUAAI-Uh.jpg

11244962_658046167658669_1743001838_n.jpg

I like facts, not your feelings. He continues to get good topical guests every week. EVERY WEEK. This suggests that your feelings are wrong and are based on your wishful thinking.

Forrest is emotional. Not unlike a high school kid he has decided not to talk to Ariel ( in his mind this is a punishment! "that'll show him, whaaa!" ) rather than having it out with him and dealing with his obviously hurt feelings by talking to the guy to his face. That is childish and weak.

And why do you even NOTICE anything Ariel does? If you don't like him, DON'T WATCH, DON'T READ.
You have every "right" to ( don't be THAT whiner guy ), but don't be upset when you are called a hater as that is what you appear to be. If you can do better, DO BETTER. It is a free market.

And you're entitled to ignore my posts. Please, feel free to do so, it would be a more productive use of your time.

I'm not a fan for the reasons I've stated (which you're free to ignore, please continue to do so). I know he's currently popular, and as I have already pointed out, it makes me sad that he's the most prominent face in MMA journalism. We deserve better.

he should join the romero light force "no for gay jesus" and he should stop with all these negative thoughts.

Timely reminder of the type of "cool guys" I have to share this city with :(

"WHAT R U LOOKIN AT U SHIT KUNT" lads contrary to Soldier Of God's totally chilled out vibes :(

I do however recommend the New Esplanade for a cheap and pleasant weekend getaway :)

Ariel is a prick for sure but hasn't Forrest always had a bit of a beef with MMA journalism altogether?

I don't like Ariel, and wish it were someone else doing the job but he does ask the hard questions and fighters seem to favor going on his show over other goofs like Luke thomas, so it is what it is. MMA journalism is pure dogshit full of SJW's.

Who were those mma journalist asshats talking about "is mma too violent?" or some stupid bullshit like that lol

Ever since he had that MMA hour where he cried and sobbed the whole time he has been unbearably negative towards the UFC.

That's when I stopped liking the guy.

Honestly if you want to get the truth out that's fine but that MMA hour was a pity party. He wanted everyone to see him as a victim and I can't respect that.

Does Ariel actually know about MMA? Outside drama? Ppv sales etc..

I hate Luke Thomas but the guy can breakdown fights and actually train?.. has Ariel ever displayed any type of knowledge when it comes to MMA?

If you name an event he can tell you the headliner and maybe who was in the crowd, thats about it

Back