Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And then Stipe Miocic is shown.
What a bunch of goofs.

forrest.gif

That's funny.

Forrest belongs on that list.

Having stipe shown exactly proves Forrest’s point.

what the hell is that on top of chucks head? either shave it or keep it but that fluffy mohawk aint workin

He has a point. It gives them the platform to stand out from the rest. Not saying the UFC still doesn’t fuck them over if they do make it big.

I don't understand how anyone ever like Forrest he's not even funny in the least.

Did that MF'er just say someone was making 250k and because they promoted yada, yada..they cut a check for a million? I would have to see it to believe it..but if that's true, it would be great

Do people seriously believe Anderson was purposely given hand-picked and tailor-made opponents?

Do people seriously believe Anderson was purposely given hand-picked and tailor-made opponents?
They say that, but there is no one he should have fought that he didnt, unless you start na ming fighters in larger divisions

I didn't watch the whole video, maybe I'm off track...

But I met the manager of a local fighter last night. He's 6-0. Just got signed by the UFC. He probably won't make a lot at first. But I'm gonna assume he's pretty pumped about it.

I cannot resist this post
Silva-101-3.gif~c200

I'm baffled by the point Forrest was trying to make at the time you linked.

UFC is losing money by paying fighters that aren't well known, in the hopes that they improve and become notable?

MMA isn't a celebrity sport. Fighters don't become well known until they have years of experience that results in winning fights with exciting styles. "Losing money" is actually investing money in talent and in the sport.

Having stipe shown exactly proves Forrest’s point.
I'm not defending the UFC, but that's exactly what I took away from it -- that fits perfectly with the point he was making. I'm confused as to the purpose of this thread and the responses.

I'm not defending the UFC, but that's exactly what I took away from it -- that fits perfectly with the point he was making. I'm confused as to the purpose of this thread and the responses.

It’s Sherdog

And then Stipe Miocic is shown.
What a bunch of goofs.

A Stipe Miocic as he looked just before his first fight in the UFC. $6,000 to show, $6,000 more for winning. I doubt anybody beside some Clevelanders and maybe a few that got intrigued by rumors of him being a promising prospect payed for UFC 136 just to see him. And how many of them saw his performance against Joey Beltran and said to themselves "Yep, future champ right there!"?

If you're trying to argue that the UFC is paying fighters to get in the octagon time and get better, in the hopes of them catching on down the road...you could do far worse than illustrate the point with a shot of a guy who's progressed so much from being pretty clueless about what to do with Beltran once he got him to the ground, to pistoning Overeem's chin with pinpoint accuracy.

Back