ForniteBR settles the FPS controller vs mouse/keyboard debate

Settles?

There never was a debate as to which one is more competitive. However, some people just have a preference of one over the other.
I love WASD, but from years of playing that way i had to more or less give it up, back in the day I played with a controller In quake and was still a killer vs wasd players.

I’m certain i could still use a controller and ko 90% of wasd players.

Top elite wasd, I’d still need wasd to hang but the magority of suck ass players I’d kill with a controller.

Don't strawman me.

I've been a skeptic who is compelled by data, not theory. It frustrates me that after two decades nobody has taken the time to just throw these groups in a pit, and bring out a macro set of data. It's such an interesting question, with so many different potential scenarios to be analyzed, and nobody ever earnestly investigates it. Instead, we get bizarre conclusions that the "debate is settled" without any transparency for why Riot made the decision they made.

PC gamers tend to be older, more hardcore, and belonging to a more competitive culture. They love to hack inputs and rain chaos on hapless console kiddies. I just want to see someone really bite into this with proper scientific controls.
If it ever happens throw me in the controller control group.

I’m a killer with both , and I know for a fact i can be competitive with a controller.

Some close quarter scenarios like planet side, I often think I’d be better with a controller.

Quake 3 temporarily had crossplay when it came out on DC. Boy that sure ended fast.
I ducking murdered people with a controller

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't strawman me.

I worked late in the night on Tuesday at a politician house who won re-election. Followed by working a shiva on Wednesday where i didnt get home till 1am. Concluding yesterday working the same shiva for twelve hours straight.

Twenty minutes ago i just had my first real meal since Monday. Im exhausted, an during my cup of coffee this morning i didnt want to be bothered by a trivial topic.

You would have to be retarded to think controllers could match keyboard and mouse without aim assist. But this is the internet so...

With the rise of console gaming in the mid-2000's it raised illogical points propping up consoles. Such as no need to see over 60fps and that controllers were at no disadvantage compared to mouse/keyboard.

Now that Playstation has opened up full mouse/keyboard support. In the coming years makers will start producing high refresh rate TV's.

There is no need to see over 60fps, and controllers are not at a disadvantage when everyone is using a controller.

There is no need to see over 60fps, and controllers are not at a disadvantage when everyone is using a controller.

Except not everyone is using a controller and not everyone is using a TV. You can buy a device that allowed you to use mouse and keyboard and if you get a 1MS monitor as well you'll have a huge advantage over everyone else. Hell just the 1MS monitor will give you a huge advantage.

Except not everyone is using a controller and not everyone is using a TV. You can buy a device that allowed you to use mouse and keyboard and if you get a 1MS monitor as well you'll have a huge advantage over everyone else. Hell just the 1MS monitor will give you a huge advantage.

According to the op, if you play with KB+M, your opponents will be peopke playing with KB+M. And if you play with controller, your opponents will be peopke with controllers.

And I doubt a 1ms monitor provides a significant, if any competitive advantage on a ps4 game.

That's the keyboard advantage, though, when the history of this debate has always focused on joystick vs. mouse.

This is a pretty interesting video for controllers in Halo

PC gamers tend to be older, more hardcore, and belonging to a more competitive culture. They love to hack inputs and rain chaos on hapless console kiddies. I just want to see someone really bite into this with proper scientific controls.
Lol

Back