FormLifting

CoreCanyon

Geez, lots of new people.
@purple
Reaction score
pretty sweet kickstarter campaign (in which I am not affiliated in at all, just fyi). It's like a awesome Tendo unit w/o a string. Lots of measurables, like bar speed (most interesting to me) and wattage.

www.formlifting.com

Interested to see what you guys think.

i think it is pretty neat actually...i dont train with the advanced metrics but I know people that do and it works

Doesn't really provide a lot of useful information, like exactly what the features are, how accurate they are, price point, etc. There's other proposed devices like that out there, and I suspect we'll see something that's both affordable and easy to use in the next five years. But I'm not going to get behind any particular device yet.

For now, there's always just taking video, and seeing how fast something looked. Or ask a training partner who's seen you do that lift many times, how it looked.

the kickstarter campaign launched yesterday after I posted the link, so Price Point, data collected, etc is available there now. Push does the same sort of thing, and we used it a little bit, but in a team setting it just didn't quite cut it. Things took too long and you had to have too many bands. This one you can load up athletes into the collar/device and let it rip (I'm sure it's more complicated that that).

I really enjoy things like this. Disciples of Hatfield love the idea of measuring bar speed.

Back