Former UFC fighter Tae Hyun Bang indicted for trying to fix UFC fight

I think an interesting part of the story is the realization of just how hard it must be to fix things these days. Sports books must have analytics capable of seeing patterns that would indicate something is afoul. I'm actually surprised they accepted the bets, but they were the true winners in the end because the bet lost. Had the bet won, they may have not even paid out anyways.

No, it'll be suicide from 12 shots to the back and decapitated. Kinda like what happened to those who went across Hillary.

or he will hang himself, with his hands tied behind his back.

or my favorite, accidental overdose....by 2000 mg worth of oxycodone. you know them addicts.

On sherdog, speculating any fights have been fixed is grounds for yellow cards or banning.

so hopefully someone can save this thread so we can prove something and have a discussion about this finally. because I have suspicions about tons of fights that I can't talk about.

I'd imagine if the people who paid him were really organized crime he would have thrown the fight.

Dunno, even if those guys are just 'creative businessmen' not 'proper' mobsters, I would imagine they're still pissed off like hell for throwing down combined 1.7 million...

On sherdog, speculating any fights have been fixed is grounds for yellow cards or banning.

so hopefully someone can save this thread so we can prove something and have a discussion about this finally. because I have suspicions about tons of fights that I can't talk about.

I honestly think it's too hard to fight fix. It's a niche sport. Unusually high wagers are going to raise red flags, and fixing small wagers just doesn't make the risk worth the reward.

I honestly think it's too hard to fight fix. It's a niche sport. Unusually high wagers are going to raise red flags, and fixing small wagers just doesn't make the risk worth the reward.

it depends how you fix it I guess, but yeah.

Sounds like the UFC officials are scarier than mobsters!

You have to be in a very dark place as a fighter to even consider this type of option.

Dunno, even if those guys are just 'creative businessmen' not 'proper' mobsters, I would imagine they're still pissed off like hell for throwing down combined 1.7 million...

I cannot imagine they have the muscle to do anything about it. Otherwise, this guy should have been already.

what is the job title of the UFC official who monitors betting patterns and looks for suspicious patterns? Or is it the betting agencies contacting the UFC about suspicious patterns? I know little to nothing about betting (just terms like odds, shortening and lengthening).

I searched it on SD & did not find his name & saw very few articles on it after seeing it in Meltz newsleter
You would think a board like this would discuss it
I posted about it the other day, after an anti-doping guy on Twitter posted a link to a Korean site with the story, but other than combatsportslaw, this is the first I'd seen of it on a western site in several months.

Sherdog's search feature is almost useless though, so if it's not spammed all over the first page it's hard to tell.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/b...th-korea-for-plotting-to-throw-fight.3595447/

Back