Former ufc fighter Pat Barry Ko'd and UNCONSCIOUS for 5 minutes

LOL, that was a haymaker that just happened to come from underneath

Im not good at reading internet sarcasm, but there is no such thing. If its a hook going up, its an uppercut. Whats most impressive about this was that it was done with a lead left hand without going south paw

Im not good at reading internet sarcasm, but there is no such thing. If its a hook going up, its an uppercut. Whats most impressive about this was that it was done with a lead left hand without going south paw

Pretty sure he just means it was a punch in which the guy threw it kind of wild with every ounce of his weight behind it. You're trying to get technical. The term "haymaker" is not a technical term.

You've never seen a lead uppercut before?

Why would you have to switch stance to throw a left uppercut when you are in an orthodox stance?

You've never seen a lead uppercut before?

Why would you have to switch stance to throw a left uppercut when you are in an orthodox stance?

Power in the strikes...obviously

Power in the strikes...obviously
Obviously not, considering this fight and countless others that have produced knockouts via lead uppercuts. You can create power off the lead uppercut the same way you can with a lead hook.

Obviously not, considering this fight and countless others that have produced knockouts via lead uppercuts. You can create power off the lead uppercut the same way you can with a lead hook.

Beside this, Go head name some fights where the lead uppercut were the ko.

In this fight, Zack literally had to jump into it to generate power, that plus Barry was already rocked. Lead hand uppercut is not of the norm strikes. You have to land it in your power hand to generate that kind of ko

Pat_Barry_vs._Zack_Mwekassa_2.gif

Last edited:
He had to jump in to it because Barry was moving backwards outside of its range. I'll agree that it's pretty rare to see lead uppercut one shot KO's, but a lead hand uppercut is certainly a norm strike and many times is within combinations that end in a KO. You don't think they're throwing lead hand uppercuts in boxing?

. You don't think they're throwing lead hand uppercuts in boxing?

That wasn't the point being discussed. What was is you were about to name me fights where lead uppercut resulted in KOs.

Obviously not, considering this fight and countless others that have produced knockouts via lead uppercuts.

I'll agree that it's pretty rare to see lead uppercut one shot KO's,

You just realize you contradicted yourself right?

Last edited:
That wasn't the point being discussed. What was is you were about to name me fights where lead uppercut resulted in KOs.

Donaire vs. Marquez
Donaire vs. Martinez
Roy Jones Jr vs. Pazienza
Alexander vs. Urango
Abraham vs. Grevor
Mohammad vs Lottie Mwale

I'm sure boxing regulars can name plenty more. nothing special.

I haven't kept a log of all the knockouts that I've seen, but here's one off a quick search:

Their are others out there. I've seen some in MT as well I believe Thepnimit had one last year. I don't intend to invest time into seeking these out so take it or leave it.

You just realize you contradicted yourself right?
More like downgraded my claim of "countless", but they do still occur.

Now are you going to explain to me why a lead uppercut isn't a viable technique? I'm sure JMM is scratching his head right now...

Now are you going to explain to me why a lead uppercut isn't a viable technique? I'm sure JMM is scratching his head right now...

Throwing the power hand uppercut at far range within itself is a risky maneuver However, people do it because the reward outweight the risk (Jds/Werdum). Throwing lead uppercut by itself isn't as powerful and the chance of getting counter is much greater..

Remember this fight, what happen here with the lead uppercut?

shog33.gif

As for your video, thanks but that was only one. You initially stated "countless", I stated its a rare technique. I'm telling you bro, you don't throw lead uppercut by itself unless you A. Do it up close where you can immediately retract your hand back to your chin, B. Emplace them with combinations, or C. Feel like going to sleep.

I'm telling you bro, you don't throw lead uppercut by itself unless your striking is above MMA level.

fixed that for you.

Their are others out there. I've seen some in MT as well I believe Thepnimit had one last year. I don't intend to invest time into seeking these out so take it or leave it.

Dropped him with one and knocked him out with one.

[YT]8aE3kVswIzQ[/YT]

You can throw lead uppercuts but usually it's done on the inside head to head. But Canelo threw a few lead uppercuts from midrange against Angulo but lead uppercuts from anywhere else than the inside have often a weird angle like Frank Mir's jabbercuts or whatever you want to call it but with an adjusted angle they work for some fighters. But against Barry that isn't really a factor he was one of my favourite MMA fighters but his grappling never evolved and his striking declined and his striking defence is horrible. No fighter with any form of defence should get caught with the leaping rear hand uppercut Jordan ko'd him with that was the most telegraphed shot I've ever seen and Barry couldn't avoid it

Back