Former UFC Fighter dies after falling into coma from Boxing match

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/tim-hague-former-ufc-fighter-152447302.html

Quote from Article

"Hague died at age 34 on Sunday, having reportedly fallen into a coma following a boxing match in Edmonton, Canada, on Friday."

This is why I walked away. This is a reality check for me!” Johnson wrote. “I've knocked a lot of ppl out and idk how this didn't happen when I fought. I've been afraid of this happening to me and after learning about CTE I'm afraid of it happening to anybody.”

Said Anthony Johnson following said news.

Well goodbye McGoat. Your tattoo was really distracting.

Boxing is more dangerous than MMA...story at 11.

Boxing is more dangerous than MMA...story at 11.

In MMA though, you can get head kicked which is harder than punch, choked for too long, or punched in head while you on ground so you can ride the punch.

In MMA though, you can get head kicked which is harder than punch, choked for too long, or punched in head while you on ground so you can ride the punch.

In MMA, you can clinch and lay and pray for minutes at a time...thus eating up the clock and avoiding a skillful striker.

Nowhere to hide really in a standup fight...especially in a smaller ring environment.

Pretty sure MMA fighters take less overall strikes to the head on average, regardless of the fact that more powerful knees, elbows and kicks are available.

It was rabbit punches to the back of the head that did the significant damage

Back