Former Russian Spy Critically Ill in Britain After Exposure to an Unknown Substance

Not that I suggest being uncritical of Western media, but do you really think that Russian media is likely to provide accurate reporting on this subject?
It's more like, some guys here wrote - why if Russia poisoned him, they used this poison, because Russians will be a first suspect? As you can see, Russia denies everything and says that they never had this poison.
And Russian government media fails to provide good coverage on even non-political topic. For example, situation from years ago - there were TV show in which competed team from different countries. Not sure, but I think Kazakhstan won it. Russian TV channel owned by government on which TV show was broadcasted showed Russian team getting their medals or cup and celebration and said that Russian team won and Kazakhstan was second.

I have to say I'm still in a bit of shock from Putin blaming America and America just taking it. Dat loveable Donny is just too nice to people. Too afraid of conflict, imo.

I have to say I'm still in a bit of shock from Putin blaming America and America just taking it. Dat loveable Donny is just too nice to people. Too afraid of conflict, imo.
Or too much of a pussy.

I'd rather sanctions that target Oligarchs, but this is a good start. They'll kick out 60 American Diplomats and then what? Russians are only pissed off about the Obama sanctions that targeted the Oligarchs.

U.S. expels dozens of Russian diplomats in response to attack on ex-spy in Britain
by Ali Vitali / Mar.26.2018

WASHINGTON — The United States and the European Union on Monday announced the expulsion of dozens of Russian diplomats in response to the poisoning of ex-Russian spy Sergei Skripal on British soil allegedly orchestrated by the Kremlin.

The U.S. will dismiss 60 Russian diplomats identified by officials as intelligence officers, as well as close Russia's Seattle consulate. European Council President Donald Tusk announced a coordinated response from 14 E.U. member states that would expel Russian diplomats and limit travel by other Russian nationals.

These steps, a senior Trump administration official told reporters on the condition of anonymity Monday morning, were intended to let the Russian government know that "when you attack our friends, you will face serious consequences."

Removing these Russians, the official said, is also a bid to reduce the "unacceptably numerous" Russian intelligence officers who reside in the United States and spy on Americans.

The Russian individuals and their families will have seven days to leave the U.S.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...an-diplomats-after-chemical-attack-ex-n860001

800x-1.png

oh, russia going to get shitbombed by new sanctions that will further deteriorate their already shitty economy

hey, but at least putin won the elections!!!

U.S. expels dozens of Russian diplomats in response to attack on ex-spy in Britain
by Ali Vitali / Mar.26.2018

WASHINGTON — The United States and the European Union on Monday announced the expulsion of dozens of Russian diplomats in response to the poisoning of ex-Russian spy Sergei Skripal on British soil allegedly orchestrated by the Kremlin.

The U.S. will dismiss 60 Russian diplomats identified by officials as intelligence officers, as well as close Russia's Seattle consulate. European Council President Donald Tusk announced a coordinated response from 14 E.U. member states that would expel Russian diplomats and limit travel by other Russian nationals.

These steps, a senior Trump administration official told reporters on the condition of anonymity Monday morning, were intended to let the Russian government know that "when you attack our friends, you will face serious consequences."

Removing these Russians, the official said, is also a bid to reduce the "unacceptably numerous" Russian intelligence officers who reside in the United States and spy on Americans.

The Russian individuals and their families will have seven days to leave the U.S.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...an-diplomats-after-chemical-attack-ex-n860001

277vy0.jpg

Russia to Expel 60 U.S. Diplomats; Tensions Are Worst in Decades

By RICHARD PÉREZ-PEÑAMARCH 29, 2018

LONDON — Russia will expel 60 American diplomats and probably dozens from other nations, the Kremlin said Thursday, intensifying its clash with Europe and the United States.

The action, which also includes closing the American consulate in St. Petersburg, retaliates for the expulsions of more than 150 Russian officials in other countries. Those expulsions were a response to a poison attack on British soil that Britain and its allies blamed on Moscow.

The United States ambassador to Russia, Jon M. Huntsman Jr., was summoned to the Foreign Ministry, the foreign minister, Sergey V. Lavrov, announced. Sixty American diplomats will be expelled from Russia — the same as the number of Russian diplomats whom Washington is expelling. The Americans were given until April 5 to leave.

In addition, Russia plans to expel an unspecified number of diplomats from the more than 20 other countries and NATO that joined Britain and the United States in expelling Russians. Mr. Lavrov said the number would “mirror” the number of expelled Russians, which suggested that the ultimate total could exceed 150. (Britain and Russia have already each expelled 23 of the other country’s representatives.)

The crisis over the poisoning of a former Russian double agent and his daughter has driven tensions between the Kremlin and the West to their highest pitch in decades. The responses raise the prospect of more serious escalations, either public or clandestine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/29/world/europe/russia-expels-diplomats.html

Putin: "What? Me?! Is crazy talk... he obviously slipped on Uranium in bathtub..."

Also, on a serious note, trans-national assassinations of political enemies should have serious consequences.

Do we really want North Korea and Russian to encourage say... Iran, Saudi Arabia, and worst of all, China to consider dealing with dissidents with "mysterious" murders?

The West needs to take these events much more seriously or we will regret it.

so this skripal guy walked out today of the hospital healthy and magically healed.

Back