Former Obama official discloses rush to get intelligence on Trump team

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-rush-to-get-intelligence-on-trump-team.html

A former top Obama administration official has acknowledged efforts by her colleagues to gather intelligence on Trump team ties to Russia before Donald Trump took office and to conceal the sources of that intelligence from the incoming administration.

Evelyn Farkas, deputy assistant secretary of defense under Obama, made the disclosure while on the air with MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski.

“I was urging my former colleagues and, frankly speaking, the people on the Hill, it was more actually aimed at telling the Hill people, get as much information as you can, get as much intelligence as you can, before President Obama leaves the administration,” Farkas, who is now a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, said.

“Because I had a fear that somehow that information would disappear with the senior [Obama] people who left, so it would be hidden away in the bureaucracy ... that the Trump folks – if they found out how we knew what we knew about their ... the Trump staff dealing with Russians – that they would try to compromise those sources and methods, meaning we no longer have access to that intelligence.”

The comments come as lawmakers on Capitol Hill clash over House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes' claim last week that surveillance operations incidentally collected Trump team communications during the transition. Critics have accused Nunes of carrying water for Trump and called on him to recuse himself from Russia matters, but Nunes and his congressional allies have pushed back.

Aside from questions over whether communications were improperly gathered during the transition and before, there is speculation over how widely such information was disseminated. Farkas described a rush to spread the material before Trump took office.

"So I became very worried because not enough was coming out into the open and I knew that there was more. We have very good intelligence on Russia," she said. "So then I had talked to some of my former colleagues and I knew that they were trying to also help get information to the Hill."

Interesting. Wonder how the narrative will evolve now?

Obama needs to go get his old weed pipe, smoke up, leave dc, and stop taking himself so seriously.

If trump really ends up being bad for the country the voters will correct course.

Trump has really sent these people on a wild goose chase with that "tweet" he sent out.

Conduct an independent investigation, and release the findings to the public. That is how a situation like this should be handled in any professional setting.

Between the Trump campaign, the Hillary campaign, the DNC, the Russia hacks, our Intelligence leaks, etc... this has been one truly shitty Presidential cycle over all. I would honestly say this is more troubling than the old Watergate and McCarthy error crap. Americans have a valid reason for distrusting our Government and the remora that swim around it.

Last edited:
Between the Trump campaign, the Hillary campaign, the DNC, the Russia hacks, our Intelligence leaks, etc... this has been one truly shitty Presidential cycle over all. I would honestly say this is more troubling than the old Watergate and McCarthy error crap. American have a valid reason for distrusting our Government and the remora that swim around it.

It's a complete shit show.

Trump has really sent these people on a wild goose chase with that "tweet" he sent out.

Conduct an independent investigation, and release the findings to the public. That is how a situation like this should be handled in any professional setting.
Given everything that has gone on, is there truly an "independent" panel that can be drawn for the investigation? Government is polarized at this time everyone is compromised to some degree.

Seems legitimate if they thought Trumps team was working with Russia.

We draw juries from among the "people" to hear cases and objectively deliver the will of the people. Why not have something similar when it comes to "independent" investigations? Draw up a national register or pool of citizens that can be vetted for clearance, swear them to the official secrets act and when something like this comes up draw from the pool to head up these investigation or sit in on the panels as independent and hopefully impartial arbitrators of the truth. Just like jurors, sequestor them from interaction with government representatives other than those immediately on the panel.

Can you blame him for rushing? He was trying to secure as much of the truth on Trump as he could before the new white house could cover it all up. Can you blame Obama for wanting to save America from Putin's de facto agent?

Given everything that has gone on, is there truly an "independent" panel that can be drawn for the investigation? Government is polarized at this time everyone is compromised to some degree.

I suppose nothing in politics can truly be independent and without bias but it is their responsibility to come as close to that as humanly possible.

must protect muh legacy!!!
giphy.gif

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A great strategic move to say the least.

This is how the game is played at the highest levels.

What that bitch admitted to is way over the top and it seems like a crime.

I was urging my former colleagues, and, and frankly speaking the people on the Hill [Democrat politicians], it was more actually aimed at telling the Hill people, get as much information as you can – get as much intelligence as you can – before President Obama leaves the administration.

Because I had a fear that somehow that information would disappear with the senior [Obama] people who left; so it would be hidden away in the bureaucracy, um, that the Trump folks – if they found out HOW we knew what we knew about their, the Trump staff, dealing with Russians – that they would try to compromise those sources and methods; meaning we no longer have access to that intelligence.

So I became very worried because not enough was coming out into the open and I knew that there was more. We have very good intelligence on Russia; so then I had talked to some of my former colleagues and I knew that they were also trying to help get information to [Democrat politicians].

Considerable irony jumps to the forefront when you recognize, the New York Times tried to protect Evelyn Farkas as the source of their reporting by stating:
“More than a half-dozen current and former officials described various aspects of the effort to preserve and distribute the intelligence, and some said they were speaking to draw attention to the material and ensure proper investigation by Congress. All spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were discussing classified information, nearly all of which remains secret.”

We have Obama officials leaking to the NY Times and other sources information on Trump's team. They un-masked and then shared the identities of Trump team members which is a clear felony.

What that bitch admitted to is way over the top and it seems like a crime.

I was urging my former colleagues, and, and frankly speaking the people on the Hill [Democrat politicians], it was more actually aimed at telling the Hill people, get as much information as you can – get as much intelligence as you can – before President Obama leaves the administration.

Because I had a fear that somehow that information would disappear with the senior [Obama] people who left; so it would be hidden away in the bureaucracy, um, that the Trump folks – if they found out HOW we knew what we knew about their, the Trump staff, dealing with Russians – that they would try to compromise those sources and methods; meaning we no longer have access to that intelligence.

So I became very worried because not enough was coming out into the open and I knew that there was more. We have very good intelligence on Russia; so then I had talked to some of my former colleagues and I knew that they were also trying to help get information to [Democrat politicians].

Considerable irony jumps to the forefront when you recognize, the New York Times tried to protect Evelyn Farkas as the source of their reporting by stating:
“More than a half-dozen current and former officials described various aspects of the effort to preserve and distribute the intelligence, and some said they were speaking to draw attention to the material and ensure proper investigation by Congress. All spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were discussing classified information, nearly all of which remains secret.”

We have Obama officials leaking to the NY Times and other sources information on Trump's team. They un-masked and then shared the identities of Trump team members which is a clear felony.

Every single person caught as part of the chain sharing classified information should be tried for felonies and treason, every single one of them.

Obama needs to go get his old weed pipe, smoke up, leave dc, and stop taking himself so seriously.

If trump really ends up being bad for the country the voters will correct course.

He just loves the new port cigs.
Guy is a heave cig smoker

Back