former NFL player Greg Hardy just won his 3rd amateur fight

I know people win spin this as an 'A level athlete' but frankly Hardy is not 'A' level anymore, he washed out of the league years ago.

We aren't ever gonna see an 'A level' athlete in the octagon, because when they are in their prime they are getting paid millions in other sports, they only come to the UFC when they are washed up and at B or C level.
Fighters 170 and under are all high level athletes imo. What sport can they play besides soccer?

I know people win spin this as an 'A level athlete' but frankly Hardy is not 'A' level anymore, he washed out of the league years ago.

We aren't ever gonna see an 'A level' athlete in the octagon, because when they are in their prime they are getting paid millions in other sports, they only come to the UFC when they are washed up and at B or C level.
people start sports when they are little kids and they don't choose a sport based on how much money it will make them, ya goof.

Haha maybe I should contact LFA and sacrifice myself to this fucker. I’d love to be able to say I fought Greg Hardy in the ammys. Was a big fan of his with Carolina

Was this his opponent?
tenor.gif

He didn’t leave the NFL because of diminished skills, he was effectively blackballed because no team wanted the drama and baggage he carries with him.

Disagree, Adam Jones is still in the league and has way more drama and baggage than Hardy.

People pay lip service to the whole baggage thing but if a player has enough talent some team will sign him because he "just needs a strong lockerrom/coach/mentor to keep him out of trouble."

Was he fighting a MW? That dude looked tiny compared to him.

Didnt he start for the cowboys until he got another charge? Being washed out cause youre a "distraction" is different than not being able to play

He probably don't even train seriously. Definitely not in his NFL shape. He can easily start like 5-0 knocking guys out in the lower levels and get a UFC contract within the next 18 months. Herschel Walker was like 60 knocking dudes out in strikeforce, so a under 30 former DE can easily scalp a couple dude in the UFC.

Didnt he start for the cowboys until he got another charge? Being washed out cause youre a "distraction" is different than not being able to play

Idk but his Cowboys careers started off well on the field but ended poorly, with a total of 3 sacks in his last 9 games. Was pretty obvious towards the end that he was a liability on the field, not a good run defender and couldn't get after the QB anymore.

Compare that with strip club shooter Pacman Jones who kept playing because he was contributing on the field.

Fighters 170 and under are all high level athletes imo. What sport can they play besides soccer?
Manlets are Manlets, not top athletes. If a manlet in the Flyweights breaks a record for most title defenses, does anyone care?

lyoto-machida-eryk-anders-ufc-fight-night-125.jpg

We already saw how "A level" fights in UFC. Unimpressive.
wait, college wrestlers are now too?
I thought sherdog only calls basketball players and footballers A-level.

I guess this makes Yoel an ++A level athlete with his accomplishments in wrestling.

Would probably get a UFC HW title shot by the end of this year, if he was signed today.

wait, college wrestlers are now too?
I thought sherdog only calls basketball players and footballers A-level.

I guess this makes Yoel an ++A level athlete with his accomplishments in wrestling.

{<huh}

The guy machida fought was a former NFL player.

Back