Former Lumpinee & Rajadamnern Champ makes MMA debut March 11th

But thats the same of everything in MMA though. Many MMA fighters who have "good boxing" havent boxed even an ammy boxing match all their lives.

Agree, and I wouldn't call thos MMA fighters "boxers".

But that's not really the point and I tend to think that boxing is usually a better base for MMA, though.

Just like wrestling is a better base than judo for MMA, IMO.

It doesn't mean that I like boxing and wrestling better.

Agree, and I wouldn't call thos MMA fighters "boxers".

But that's not really the point and I tend to think that boxing is usually a better base for MMA, though.

Just like wrestling is a better base than judo for MMA, IMO.

It doesn't mean that I like boxing and wrestling better.
Yeah, but how come those fighters who use "modified boxing" proves boxing is a better base for MMA while fighters who use "modified muay thai" proves "real muay thai" isnt a good base for MMA? Surely we rarely see fighters go forehead to forehead in MMA, while it clearly works in boxing or fight in a way that completely ignores the threat of kicks, knees, takedowns.
When they modify boxing for MMA we dont say "pure boxing doesnt work in MMA". On the other hand, when "modified muay thai" has changes to better address these new threats, suddenly it is proof that "real muay thai doesnt work in MMA"?

Yeah, but how come those fighters who use "modified boxing" proves boxing is a better base for MMA while fighters who use "modified muay thai" proves "real muay thai" isnt a good base for MMA? Surely we rarely see fighters go forehead to forehead in MMA, while it clearly works in boxing or fight in a way that completely ignores the threat of kicks, knees, takedowns.
When they modify boxing for MMA we dont say "pure boxing doesnt work in MMA". On the other hand, when "modified muay thai" has changes to better address these new threats, suddenly it is proof that "real muay thai doesnt work in MMA"?

That's a fair point but just to clarify : I do not think that pure boxing works in MMA either. It requires adaptations.

But due to the very nature of it, a punching art requires less radical adaptations than a punching AND kicking art when takedowns are concerned.

I also believe that due to the small gloves, and other factors as well, being proficient with punches yields more of an edge in MMA than being proficient with kicks and knees.

I think overall that the prevalence of the typical "wrestleboxer" in MMA is a testament to the point I am trying to make.

But again, I am just skeptical and obviously i think that MT is a great art. It may simply not be optimal in an MMA context.

I don't think KBE6EKCTAH_CCP is a troll

I might be lumping him together with another bad poster into one big troll which would be such a big meanie thing to do but whatever, there aren't enough hours in the day to be having to sort through bad posts on sherdog's kickboxing forum;

(...) obviously ongbakboy is so it's just best to ignore him (or he's a complete idiot, lets hope for his sake he's trolling most of the time).

he is both. a troll of his magnitude takes wasting substancial time which is stupid in itself.

David teymur was a european muay thai fighter and he just pieced up landon vannata who is one of mma's most promising prospects....

vennata is way more hype than he is legit skillfull. venata has onorthodox offensive striking but he is very very hittable. this was already known when he fought ferguson. hitting venata isnt hard and after 1 round I knew teymur was gonna lit him up more and more. i actually expected temur to finish him

venata is a fun fighter but certainly not 'one of mma's most promising prospects'

how good a striker is in mma is noy measured by 1 or two fights. the striker type needs to fight a skilled grappler with potent striking. then you'll see how good the striking works in mma

SAGETDAO wins by Tko.! That take-down defense was on point. His trademark clinch was on point. Awesome debut.

Nice. That Pongsiri kid will probably end up having the better MMA career though. He's young, in an MMA camp full time, and his body has taken way less punishment than Sagetdao despite not being close to the nak muay that is Sagetdao.

Nice. That Pongsiri kid will probably end up having the better MMA career though. He's young, in an MMA camp full time, and his body has taken way less punishment than Sagetdao despite not being close to the nak muay that is Sagetdao.
P.K. Saenchai?

And just like that, ongbrockboy is no longer the worst poster in the forum...

Back