Former Lumpinee & Rajadamnern Champ makes MMA debut March 11th

andyjeezy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Sagetdao will be fighting Kelvin Ong at ONE Championship 53. This will be Sagetdao MMA debut and will be fought under ONE rules (knees & elbows on the ground). For casuals who aren't in the know Sagetdao was a clinch rapist in Muay Thai and has wins over Saenchai, Jomthong, Tetsuyo Yamato and Kevin Ross.

He's 30 years old with alot of miles and got beat up pretty bad by Qiu Jianliang and Tetsuyo Yamato back in 2014 the last year he was active in Kick fighting. He has been training with Evolve MMA the last 3 years so let's see what happens. Me I'm excited to see his debut in MMA from somebody with that high of accolade from Muay Thai.

Last edited:
Will watch! Too bad they scrapped soccer kicks though. One hip toss and it would have been over afterwards.. :)

His opponent apparently fights at 155. Guess he's not taking MMA too seriously.

Curious to see how this plays out.

Have we had a pure MT stylist of a high caliber so far in MMA ?

I'm skeptical of MT's relevance in MMA. I can see him get taken down alot. On the other hand, if he develops good TDD I can see the clinch, elbows and knees being very potent.

Let's see....

Curious to see how this plays out.

Have we had a pure MT stylist of a high caliber so far in MMA ?

I'm skeptical of MT's relevance in MMA. I can see him get taken down alot. On the other hand, if he develops good TDD I can see the clinch, elbows and knees being very potent.

Let's see....
Rambaa Somdet, 13-3 and one of the best, if not the best, 115lbs fighters in the world from 07 until 13.

Yodsanan sityodtong is fighting on the one fc card i believe as well

good to hear, but I'm not sure if his stoic walk foward style will work in mma.

He'll be put on the same path as Dejdamrong. Lots of mismatches to look impressive and will eventually lose when he's paired with better fighters.

He's 30 and was more retired by Muay Thai rather than retired from Muay Thai. His history as a top-class fighter will be a pathetic sales pitch with a lot of is and not a lot of was.

Great idea but not sure about the choice of fighter especially at 155lbs. There are Plenty of Thai's in their prime that will represent Thailand much better. The last thing I want to see is an outta shape outta prime Thai with Sagetdao's pedigree lose in MMA to a nobody.

The owner Chatri Sityodtong is a powerful man and passionate about MuayThai but not sure what his motive is behind all of this. If he's serious about bringing Thai's into MMA then he should use his power and start contacting different fighters. So many great fighters in Thailand to choose from. Many will turn him down but I'm sure plenty will jump to the opportunity. So far the only Thai's in his stable that get me excited in regards to MMA is Nong O and maybe Kwankhao.

I hope I'm wrong about Sagetdao tho. Last time I saw him he looked really fat and blown up but maybe he is serious about all of this.

Rambaa Somdet, 13-3 and one of the best, if not the best, 115lbs fighters in the world from 07 until 13.
Rambaa did a shit ton of training in grappling prior to his return fights in Shooto. His first fights in DEEP was him jumping into MMA right away and he went 2-2 then five years came back and should be 12-0 since then.

Great idea but not sure about the choice of fighter especially at 155lbs. There are Plenty of Thai's in their prime that will represent Thailand much better. The last thing I want to see is an outta shape outta prime Thai with Sagetdao's pedigree lose in MMA to a nobody.

The owner Chatri Sityodtong is a powerful man and passionate about MuayThai but not sure what his motive is behind all of this. If he's serious about bringing Thai's into MMA then he should use his power and start contacting different fighters. So many great fighters in Thailand to choose from. Many will turn him down but I'm sure plenty will jump to the opportunity. So far the only Thai's in his stable that get me excited in regards to MMA is Nong O and maybe Kwankhao.

I hope I'm wrong about Sagetdao tho. Last time I saw him he looked really fat and blown up but maybe he is serious about all of this.
ONE Championship has been bringing in alot of Thais rather they are fighting or are trainers I was hoping Yodsanan would've been more active and was hoping Anuwat or Orono would've had some fights.

Som who ??

Oh, 115 lbs, nevermind.

i totally agree. I cant take 115 pound fights seriously. come on man, lil kids weigh way more than that. the smallest female fighters in the ufc weigh that and they are puny

i totally agree. I cant take 115 pound fights seriously. come on man, lil kids weigh way more than that. the smallest female fighters in the ufc weigh that and they are puny
He fought at 125 too

ONE Championship has been bringing in alot of Thais rather they are fighting or are trainers I was hoping Yodsanan would've been more active and was hoping Anuwat or Orono would've had some fights.
Yodsanan, Anuwat and Orono are all old (in MT years) and no where near their primes. Nothing wrong with them fighting and making some extra money for themselves but hundreds of better choices out there.

Yodsanan, Anuwat and Orono are all old (in MT years) and no where near their primes. Nothing wrong with them fighting and making some extra money for themselves but hundreds of better choices out there.
I was talking about when they first started to show up around Evolve MMA and ONE FC so back around 6 years ago not now. I highly doubt they'd be as burned out as Rambaa was when he made the cross over maybe Anuwat but that would due to his training that last couple of years he was active or lack there of.

Have you not followed the sport for the last 20 years?

None of them were real MT fighters tho.

Mostly american wrestlers or brazilian BJJ guys with some kick boxing training.

What real mt fighters have we had ?

None of them were real MT fighters tho.

Mostly american wrestlers or brazilian BJJ guys with some kick boxing training.

What real mt fighters have we had ?
I kind of cherry picked one scentence out of your overall post that I disagreed with.

You said you were skeptical of Muay Thai's relevance in MMA. It's been relevant since the start and is a major building block for the sport, just like BJJ and Wrestling. Whether an elite Thai was competing or not is irrelevant. Guys that have trained in Muay Thai and adopted it's techniques have had success in MMA going way back to the early days of NHB. The fact that its been so prevalent without elite Thai's is a testament to it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back