International Former Canadian diplomat detained in China.

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
<Dany07> <Dany07> <Dany07>

<22> <22> <22>

Oh wassup, shit just got real

I sure the chinese will use his organs for a good use.

Last edited:
Well our bargaining chip is far bigger than theirs is regarding detained people.

I sure this Canadien diplomat is well connected. How else does one get to become a diplomat in Canada/USA without being well connected?

And then America cancels all Chinese student VISAs with a 6month moratorium on work VISAs.

You sure you wanna ride this train, Lee?

Well our bargaining chip is far bigger than theirs is regarding detained people.
And then America cancels all Chinese student VISAs with a 6month moratorium on work VISAs.

You sure you wanna ride this train, Lee?

Trump ain't riding in to defend Canada.

Canada was busy trying to build relations with China to improve trade since being faced with a Trump who has been increasingly hostile towards Canada both diplomatically and trade wise.

Trump will sit back and enjoy seeing both Canada and China go at one another and both paying a price.

Canada was very stupid to act as a proxy for this fight.

Canada was busy trying to build relations with China to improve trade since being faced with a Trump who has been increasingly hostile towards Canada both diplomatically and trade wise.

Trump will sit back and enjoy seeing both Canada and China go at one another and both paying a price.

My thought's exactly except for me from the get go, I assumed that the Trump administration threatened Canada with something. This is the last thing Trudeau would have wanted to do. And Chinese espionage is the last thing his cabinet want's to acknowledge. There can be no threat from immigration according to them.

I think that Trump or someone under him picked up the phone and basically told them that they will implicate Canada in this if she's not detained.

That's just a guess though.

China is going back to the Communist days of strong arming countries with their power.

tenor.gif

This is exactly how globalism gives Commies their power back.

I said from the start that China will see arrest of a a Huawei executive as political ransom. We shouldn't be enforcing American sanctions in Canada. That arrest placed us all at risk. Chinese government also has little concept of separation of powers. Expect further pressure to force Trudeau to act towards our judiciary, which is pretty much out of the bounds of his power.

My thought's exactly except for me from the get go, I assumed that the Trump administration threatened Canada with something. This is the last thing Trudeau would have wanted to do. And Chinese espionage is the last thing his cabinet want's to acknowledge. There can be no threat from immigration according to them.

I think that Trump or someone under him picked up the phone and basically told them that they will implicate Canada in this if she's not detained.

That's just a guess though.

There may be a kernel of truth in your theory except that it’s not Trump per se doing the threatening. Something that maybe misunderstood in all of this is that, while violations of sanctions may be the actual offense here, sanctions are several steps downstream of where the legal fight is actually taking place. What’s is directly at issue here is far more practical (and less political) - bank fraud. The allegation is that Meng made deliberately misleading statements that tricked banks into making transactions they wouldn’t have otherwise made (in fact, I would guess she merely gave them plausible deniability and the bankers should also be arrested, but I digress). Anyway Canada can’t very well decline to participate in such a practical application of the law without undermining their own system.

But to your point, there’s apparently another story at play here. “In 2012, HSBC paid $1.92 billion and entered a deferred prosecution agreement with the same U.S. prosecutor's office for violating U.S. sanctions and money-laundering laws.

As part of that deal, HSBC was required to be monitored for five years to review its efforts to prevent money laundering and sanctions violations.”

So it seems if Canada doesn’t play ball here HBSC is up shit’s creek. All of that predates Trump and, I would guess, has nothing to do with him

Last edited:
We shouldn't have gotten involved.

War with China would be hilarious. They already have Vancouver before the fighting even starts.

We shouldn't have gotten involved.

War with China would be hilarious. They already have Vancouver before the fighting even starts.
Vancouver? You mean Greater Chinatown?

I'm surprised China hasn't forced all Canadians traveling there to take a piss test for pot then arresting them for drug use. They can nab at least 50 a day that way. I can't think of a single scenario where it goes well for Canada at this point, all due to some American geopolitics.

Sad but true. We detain a Chinese chick for the US, and Trump will not support us.

Tiem to nut up Truddy.

Thankfully, China needs our oil over the long term.

Sad but true. We detain a Chinese chick for the US, and Trump will not support us.

Tiem to nut up Truddy.

Thankfully, China needs our oil over the long term.

Trudeau has no nuts.

Back