Forgotten truth: Barboza is so difficult to take down

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He’s problem was always with agressive strikers who know how to box, but what Habib did to him was never been done before

RIP Tony, worst IC champ in history

Is Kevin Lee good enough to get Barboza to the floor?

Why do think people forgot about that?

Also, even though most of the fight was standing, Johnson took him down twice.

Not if you're a bathtub during a bad weight cut

Barbozas problem vs kebab => his boxing is shit/overrated.

Not only Barboza has great TDD, but shooting doubles on him is extreme dangerous due to his explosive knees. That's why Khabib chose to stay upright and focus on clinch takedowns. From that, stupid Khabib haters concluded that Khabib only has takedowns from the clinch lol

true. edson barboza has good and underrated TD defense but Lee knows how to capitalize on his TD's and get into top mount to finish the fight via strikes or RNC. It will largely be dependent of barboza being able to keep range with his unorthodox body kicks to prevent the TD's of Lee (see Lee/Mustafaev fight)

came for gifs, leave disappointed

Khabib didn't finish Barboza, and Tony did. Somehow, Tony is the worst interim champ in history. Sherdog logic <{hfved}>

Khabib has never fought 5 rounds, and I promise you he isn't finishing Tony early. Can see him dominating the first 3 rounds, then see the smile grow on Tonys face as he drags Khabib to the later rounds.

Exciting fight, don't count out El Cucuy

Khabib has never fought 5 rounds, and I promise you he isn't finishing Tony early. Can see him dominating the first 3 rounds, then see the smile grow on Tonys face as he drags Khabib to the later rounds.

Exciting fight, don't count out El Cucuy

Khabib has never gone 5, but he's looked pretty damn fresh throughout the 3rd round. I don't know why so many people are assuming cardio will be the big difference here. If anything, I think 5 rounds gives Tony more opportunity to catch Khabib than assuming his chances increase in the 4th and 5th.

Khabib has never gone 5, but he's looked pretty damn fresh throughout the 3rd round. I don't know why so many people are assuming cardio will be the big difference here. If anything, I think 5 rounds gives Tony more opportunity to catch Khabib than assuming his chances increase in the 4th and 5th.
Anybody who has his history of injuries + the scale problem, is going to get questions about cardio.

Khabib didn't finish Barboza, and Tony did. Somehow, Tony is the worst interim champ in history. Sherdog logic <{hfved}>
Well he did make use of one of the most blatant cheap shots in the history of the sport. Barboza also was a short notice fill in for Khabib, there's that (as far as comparing Khabib to Tony's performance, apples and oranges).

That said, Tony is top 10 P4P in my book

I don't understand how people equate a finish automatically being a better performance. Khabib faced basically zero adversity.

Back