Forgotten big wins

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Not necessarily forgotten fights but some awesome victories or displays of skill that don't get mentioned very often on Sherdog anymore. I can think of a few big W's and moments from the 2006-2012 era.
LETS GO BRAHS!

I'll start it off.

Chris Leben pulled off beating Aaron Simpson and Akiyama within 14 days. Took a fight against Akiyama on short notice. Got lit up. Hung in there as he always did with his pumpkin head and iron chin and proceeded to submit Sexyama in the 3rd round. It was awesome lol

30vcbkn.jpg

Couture and his return to heavyweight... just wish they could have made the Fedor fight.

pulver vs penn 1
machida vs penn
gsp vs penn 1
hughes vs penn 2
gsp vs penn 2
frankie vs penn 1
frankie vs penn 2
diaz vs penn
rory vs penn
frankie vs penn 3
yair vs penn
siver vs penn

pulver vs penn 1
machida vs penn
gsp vs penn 1
hughes vs penn 2
gsp vs penn 2
frankie vs penn 1
frankie vs penn 2
diaz vs penn
rory vs penn
frankie vs penn 3
yair vs penn
siver vs penn

You bastard

Liddell vs Sobral 2

Chuck was getting some criticism for fighting past their prime guys in a shallow division.
Babalu was on a great win streak and was looking his best. Seemed like the perfect guy to pull the upset.

Chuck showed why he was the top of the division with a surprisingly easy win.

Fight pass users should watch this gem. Hiromitsu Miura vs Carlos Condit (WEC 35)

tumblr_ol97euFo4F1qd4esao1_500.gif

tumblr_ol97do42hP1qd4esao1_500.gif

Wonderboy TKOing Bobby Knuckles. I always rated it as one of his best wins.

Matt Hamill vs Bisping
Matt Hamill vs Jon Jones

Not necessarily forgotten fights but some awesome victories or displays of skill that don't get mentioned very often on Sherdog anymore. I can think of a few big W's and moments from the 2006-2012 era.
LETS GO BRAHS!

I'll start it off.

Chris Leben pulled off beating Aaron Simpson and Akiyama within 14 days. Took a fight against Akiyama on short notice. Got lit up. Hung in there as he always did with his pumpkin head and iron chin and proceeded to submit Sexyama in the 3rd round. It was awesome lol

30vcbkn.jpg

I miss this time period. Leben had some great fights.

Back