"Forgetting" your child in a hot car?

Nameless Ghoul

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Since we are back to the summer months, there are PSA's everywhere about this.
images

How? I assume anyone who claims to have "forgot" their kid, was busted after running into the store "only for a second" and instead of admitting that goes, into the little kid "oh, I forgot" excuse. They have devices and everything to remind you a child is in there. I just don't understand how you can not remember that, unless you have a chemical imbalance or something effecting your mental state.

Last edited:
If you forget your child exists or where it is, you shouldn’t have procreated in the first place.

Drugs are usually the cause if they legit forget.

I remember some old fake slut got arrested because she left her kid in the car so she could go TANNING...

Yeah, i can't fathom how you can forget a living thing in the backseat of your car, especially when it's your kid

Different culture hard to judge.

Whether you understand it or not, kids still die every year due to this.

So the public health campaign is warranted.

Don't leave any child in the car unattended whether its hot or not.

Some people are not made to be parents, period.

If you leave your child in a boiling car you are a piece of shit.

Pieces of shit should not have a baby.

Since we are back to the summer months, there are PSA's everywhere about this.
images

How? I assume anyone who claims to have "forgot" their kid, was busted after running into the store "only for a second" and instead of admitting that goes, into the little kid "oh, I forgot" excuse. They have devices and everything to remind you a child is in there. I just don't understand how you can not remember that, unless you have a chemical imbalance or something effecting your mental state.

People don't buy those devices because they assume they will never forget their child. Having to put a child in the back seat because of the air bags has caused the biggest problem. Some daycare centers will call if a child hasn't been dropped off. Usually the same parent drops the child at daycare but sometimes a change in schedule has the other parent dropping the child off. Since they don't normally do it, they can forget. Even somebody that does it every day can forget and assume that they did.

GM has a system in vehicles that monitors when a back door has been opened and reminds the driver to check the back seat when the vehicle is shut off.

My friend had to see that his ex did this to his kids on the news once. Luckily they were ok and it opened up the door for his custody rights, but I can't imagine how frustrating that would be.

I've pulled up to work, and realized I forgot to drop my kid at daycare. I guess I could see how it would happen, its a still just horrible though and if I ever did it I'd probably off myself, there is no redemption from that.

I think it's impossible to forget that your kid is in the car. At least it is for me. I was/am always conscious of them being there. People are just self absorbed idiots.

I remember a story of a Dad that put his kid in a car seat and put the car seat on the roof of his car as he got his keys out, but forgot the baby. He ended up getting to the highway unaware of why so many people were honking at him. The baby and baby seat flew off the car, but, apparently divine intervention, it landed perfectly on the hood of the car behind it and that driver was able to slow to a stop and rescue the baby.

Shit I was reading this thread and I got an update from my local newspaper lapresse lf a baby found dead in a vehicle in montreal

Reading this thread just made me extremely sad
I forgot to get high today

Back