Forget Max vs Khabib, what if Ortega would have stepped in?

Khabib would break Ortega

Ortega would fuck khabib up standing... Khabib would do nothing on the ground to Ortega...

Only hope for khabib is lay and pray....

Ortega = xtra special fighter, walks around at 178 and would've lost to khabib but would've shocked world on the 48-47 across the board scores in a very close fight.
I'm going to say it now- TCity- ain't here to fuck around. He's here to win a UFC title and absolutely has the skill set to do it.
Max in for the fight of his life- can't wait

J3ik9yX.gif

RDA has better BJJ and striking skills than Ortega at LW. See what happened to him
Lol I was gonna berate you but then I noticed youre probably trolling.

Ortega is one of the toughest matches stylistically for Khabib imo. Size differential would be too much but IF Ortega was s natural LW I’d almost put my money on him. Khabib can be very reckless on top and Ortega is the better striker by a significant margin. But in reality, Khabib is too big.

He lifted Frankie off his feet with a vicious uppercut KO for fucks sake. Who has ever done that? And he is the #1 contender so his high standard is justified.

The uppercut looked cool but Frankie was pretty fucked up from the elbow. I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about that. I was more impressed by that than the kill shot.

Would be a huge test for Ortega... too soon? Not sure. But would have watched. The guy has the balls to offer to fight and some skills to back it up.

I think Ortega's grappling is nice, but a bit overrated. I know it was a while ago, but Tavares was able to sit in guard reasonably trouble-free.

I think Khabib would beat Ortega up. He doesn't even have to take him down fully.
Trouble free? That’s where Ortega cut him up and made him look like Carrie covered in pigs blood. Tavares was fucking around in ortegas guard and Ortega landed solid elbows from below in the first round and nearly trapped his arms in triangles and arm bars non stop.

Re watch that fight.

would've been really interesting, ortega is super tough and would even be a good sized LW, would definitely make it to a decision.

which gives him 5 rounds to possibly land a sub, dudes BJJ is so fucking slick.

Ortega has surprised me a LOT with his submission game but he aint catching Khabib.

Khabib top positions him the whole fight.

I think Ortega's grappling is nice, but a bit overrated. I know it was a while ago, but Tavares was able to sit in guard reasonably trouble-free.

I think Khabib would beat Ortega up. He doesn't even have to take him down fully.

Tavares didn't just sit in ortegas guard--he thoroughly out-grappled Ortega.

Ortega is great, but people are over hyping the guys ground game a bit here.

Then McGregor/Ortega would be the fight right now.

Khabib = Yin
Relies smash, pressure, giving damage, has never lost a round, is a Muslim Dagestani and is like a bull

Ortega = Yang
Relies on his guard game, taking damage, has nearly lost every round until he has won, is a hippie surfer Cali-bro and is like a matador.

Both are so different but the same, so similar in that they are polar opposites and also in that they are undefeated. It would be an absolutely fascinating fight, but I can almost seeing it just ending up poorly for Ortega. Khabib would let Ortega get close to a submission but never be able to complete it.

If anyone is going to beat Khabib, I think it will have to be done on the feet. Kevin Lee could also be very compelling, especially in the first few rounds.

Ortega vs Khabib is an amazing fight stylistically. Its almost like Cucuy vs Khabib, except cucuy has some of the best cardio in the game.

Back