Forget Max vs Khabib, what if Ortega would have stepped in?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Would his BJJ be a huge threat? On the feet or on the ground would he stand a chance? No one here questions his skills but would he be to small? Similar to Max we all know he is awesome and greatly skilled but he would have been to small and thrown around, at least Ortega has BJJ to fall back on.

ortega would have caught khabib on the feet or subbed him, khabibs striking is rudimental compared to ortegas.

khabibs dominant top game also leaves lots of openings for ortega to snatch something up from his back.

I think Ortega matches up better with khabib than max does

ortega woulda got whooped worse than max. max at least had a shot at over whelming khabib on the feet.

Ortega is going to run shit for a while. Nobody wants to go to the ground with him. If he grabs a neck or takes his opponent down they’re fucked. His striking is getting better by leaps and bounds by the day and he can take a shot. Khabib has been careless and sloppy and got away with it thus far cause his opponents couldn’t take advantage. Not gonna be the case with Ortega.

Ortegas ability to sub from such many different positions is really stunning.

A good submission artist might be the answer for Khabibs GnP. Ortega might do it.

Also possible:

Khabib barbozing Ortega for 5 rounds.

You guys are putting Ortega to such a high standard, and he's not even a champion for fuck sake.
or you havent realised how good ortega actually is.

Nah that’s not it, you still salty he fucked frankie up with ease.

lol There's no one who can beat Khabib under 170. If he goes to welterweight, then he'll stop being the rightful favorite in certain matchups.

Ortegas ability to sub from such many different positions is really stunning.

A good submission artist might be the answer for Khabibs GnP. Ortega might do it.

Also possible:

Khabib barbozing Ortega for 5 rounds.

Soooo.... Ferguson?

I think Ortega's grappling is nice, but a bit overrated. I know it was a while ago, but Tavares was able to sit in guard reasonably trouble-free.

I think Khabib would beat Ortega up. He doesn't even have to take him down fully.

If my auntie had balls, she'd be a ...woman with balls.

J3ik9yX.gif

RDA has better BJJ and striking skills than Ortega at LW. See what happened to him

Was anyone even talking about Max vs Khabib?

No, they weren't.

You guys are putting Ortega to such a high standard, and he's not even a champion for fuck sake.
He lifted Frankie off his feet with a vicious uppercut KO for fucks sake. Who has ever done that? And he is the #1 contender so his high standard is justified.

I think Ortega's grappling is nice, but a bit overrated. I know it was a while ago, but Tavares was able to sit in guard reasonably trouble-free.

I think Khabib would beat Ortega up. He doesn't even have to take him down fully.
giuda wasnt getting subbed either and was winning fight til knee. cub is a blackbelt but doesnt have an elite sub game. khabib is a lifetime grappler, he will handle ortegas jits imo

Back