Forbes: GOP bill "end of all economic sanity" in US, start of greatest fiscal disaster in US history

{<redford}

Seriously. @Farmer Br0wn

How much money have you given to distressed oligarchs? If you havent given a dime then youre a huge hypocrite.
If Trump's tax plan passes, I won't need to.

My children will actually be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor, which is kind of the point.

Also, getting to keep more of what you earn isn't stealing from anyone else, despite what sophistry the left might tell you.

But their general economic approach is simple and consistent.

"If we pass legislation that is in the immediate financial interests of the rich, everybody ultimately wins. If we pass legislation that is in the immediate financial interests of the non-rich, everybody ultimately loses."
Yes, consistently wrong or lying. They don't care if everyone wins. They only care if they win.

Haha, neo-marxists in this thread and forbes still don't understand how markets operate or how you boost gdp.

All growth comes from capital investment, aka the rich. As for the deficit, absolutely if they make tax-cuts they also make budget cuts to balance, is this not the case? So what's the argument here?

As for the deficit, absolutely if they make tax-cuts they also make budget cuts to balance, is this not the case? So what's the argument here?

Um, no, it isn’t the case. Have you followed this at all?

We really don't, though.

The effect of illegal residency is pretty unsubstantial and can anyways be resolved by a robust naturalization program. For all the clamor from the right, the solution has always been obvious.

If you make all the illegals legal you won't have an illegal problem anymore.
<seedat>

Why would it be good? the US drastically needs more professionals to keep its cutting edge.
Not all legal immigration is of professionals. Refugees are legal. That piece of shit that run over people was legal too. Only the most far right defend not accepting professionals.
A large part of legal migration is family reunification.

Not sure how you remotely believe this to be true.
All growth comes from innovation, which requires two things, competition and large capital investment. Since you need large capital investment you need rich people, and since you need competition it can't come from the government.

Sorry Marxists.

Um, no, it isn’t the case. Have you followed this at all?
Well if that's true then the plan is indeed stupid. But tax-cuts by themselves are hardly wrong economically.

At the end of the day though, the collapse is happening anyway, raising taxes to balance the budget won't save you. It will just drop gdp creating more need for loans and inflationary policy.

There's nothing in the law that would have had that effect.

The decline in healthcare cost growth is not mythical. You can look it up for yourself.

Because the ACA has provisions to cut healthcare costs overall, which has resulted in a huge decline in projected (and a decline in actual) spending on Medicaid and Medicare, even with expansions. Remember that most of gov't spending is on healthcare so even a small decline in the rate of healthcare cost growth can have a huge impact on deficits down the road. Our long-term debt issue has been resolved as a result of the healthcare cost slowdown.
Jack we have had this convo before, just saying that "There's nothing in the law that would have had that effect." Does not change the negative outcomes i have faced since the passing of the law. Why would BCBS reps lie?

My deductibles went up drastically when the Not ACA was passed. Are you denying that there were mandates required for private and employer based coverage? That was what my reps told us back in 2010 was the reason our costs went up. Not only did premiums go up, but the deductibles, which arguably are more important then the monthly premium.. Why is your side so proud of coverage no one can use thanks to sky high deductibles?

Sadly i can not get the 2010 report they used for the meeting. Everything we do is done on a web page now. I have to renew soon so i will see what changes and report back.

So if the health care costs are slowing down/going down, why has not helped my costs at all.. I do cut the checks so i know how much i am spending and these slow downs are not helping me.

All growth comes from innovation, which requires two things, competition and large capital investment. Since you need large capital investment you need rich people, and since you need competition it can't come from the government.

Sorry Marxists.

You're factually incorrect on this point. Was facebook capitally intensive? If not, how did that create value? What about service industries ie. selling expertise?

It seems you are confusing the concept of having any knowledge of economics, with shitposting.

Not all legal immigration is of professionals. Refugees are legal. That piece of shit that run over people was legal too. Only the most far right defend not accepting professionals.

A large part of legal migration is family reunification.

Lets not kid ourselves, people are railing against wage depression, they are clearly talking about professionals.

Haha, neo-marxists in this thread and forbes still don't understand how markets operate or how you boost gdp.

All growth comes from capital investment, aka the rich. As for the deficit, absolutely if they make tax-cuts they also make budget cuts to balance, is this not the case? So what's the argument here?

no way man, it comes from the poor just got to tax the rich more and give to the poor. It's simple ..........

Welp
It appears they got Murkowski on board somehow

Sorry Marxists.
Because society can't invest in innovation as a unit, as has been proven over and over by all the technology created by government funding.

You're factually incorrect on this point. Was facebook capitally intensive? If not, how did that create value? What about service industries ie. selling expertise?

It seems you are confusing the concept of having any knowledge of economics, with shitposting.
{<jordan}

You better be lying, god damnit.
Announced support for repeal of the mandate
I mean, sure she could still vote no on the whole thing, but i'm not sure what other serious barriers there could be for her

Back