Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cormier boutta be HW champ...his teammate Cain could prolly beat miocic too
Cormier is LHW champ
The Whole MW division is strikeforce
WW champ...woodley..strikeforce
Nicks bro is the real LW champ strikeforce

you cant just forget a guy that got his ass kicked by chandler went on to win the belt in the toughest division in the UFC!!!!

Scott Coker finds the best talent in the world. ppl need to recognize this. They already have the top prospects:

Ed ruth, Pico, AJ McKee, Fortune. They are spending the money, the time will come when Bellator competes with the UFC and the Prideufc days return.

This is what MMA needs! competition

Last edited:
Talent-wise any major org. can compete with the UFC.

It's not like the UFC is constantly scooping for talent all around the world. And there aren't trials to fight in the UFC, like say, the olympics (no, TUF is not). There's no competitive architecture in MMA, so one company having all the talent is a well fabricated fallacy.

Last edited:
The UFC is light years ahead of everyone else.

They already have the top prospects:

Ed ruth, Pico, AJ McKee, Fortune. They are spending the money, the time will come when Bellator competes with the UFC and the Pride..ufc days return.

Who there is close to being a PPV draw?

If Bellator was named Strikeforce, then yes. There was a point when I said Strikeforce had better talent than the UFC.

But Bellator can promote more superfights if given the right amount budget.

Nick was UFC before Strikeforce though, and Nate is UFC.

But, yes, I get your point.

*could* is a big word. and i hope they do.

and it's definitely more possible than Vince McMahon's new XFL league overtaking the NFL.

but it's still highly unlikely to happen through any other means than a total UFC collapse. the UFC is the name of the brand. like kleenex, aspirin, corn flakes, and band-aide.

i would suggest that if the UFC had a shit PPV card and Bellator had their best PPV card possible, UFC would outsell Bellator. on name recognition alone. and though it hasn't happened in a decade or so (a lifetime ago in this young sport), i would point to both Affliction and Bushido as examples.

if UFC collapses and Bellator picks up the pieces, sure. but the chance of Bellator overtaking a strong UFC is, at best, a remote pipe dream.

and speaking of "Coker and his decisions will make it happen....", spending half their annual budget on old UFC HW washouts isn't going to get them there, either.

Last edited:

No, it needs regulation, so that you don't have different orgs and a multitude of belts/orgs (as in boxing).

It needs to be like soccer, where there's regional champs, but when it all comes down to it, there's only one winner of Champions League.

MMA needs to have a players union like all pro sports and all top talent under one roof. I don't see this desire for two good orgs some fans have. You'll have two great fighters one in each org never face each other. That sucks..

MMA to me is seeing who is the best in each division. Two strong orgs prevents that..

Shame almost all their cards suck and they force fighters to sell tickets then pay them 250/250

MMA is better when there is competition at that top so I hope you are right

But I sincerely doubt it.

Bellator is stacked full of guys who couldn't compete in the UFC anymore and those are amongst their biggest names.

Look at their HW GP, it's like 7 UFC guys and Fedor.

The reason SF could compete was because they could pick up established Pride/Wec/Affliction/Dream/etc guys ** still in their prime*** and build off their pre-established fan base

Rory is perhaps their biggest young star and he has that serial killer personality that I doubt makes him uber popular.

The only way things get competitive is if the UFC REALLY GOES TO SHIT.

Get off it already, buddeh.

You’re as bad as any UFC shill I’ve ever seen in here. You’re turning into a walking, talking joke, ffs.

And, DC is not beating Stipe. So fuck off with that nonsense.

latest

MMA needs to have a players union like all pro sports and all top talent under one roof. I don't see this desire for two good orgs some fans have. You'll have two great fighters one in each org never face each other. That sucks..

MMA to me is seeing who is the best in each division. Two strong orgs prevents that..

bellator is 100% in favor of a fighters union and willing to co-promote against the UFC any day of the week

talk to your guys over at the ufc tho

you worry abt your cm punk fights over there and let scott worry abt getting future world champions in bellator.
LOL @ future world champions.

you worry abt your cm punk fights over there and let scott worry abt getting future world champions in bellator.
Dada 5000 has tightened up that cardio? Making a run at gold?

Agreed. One strong org is the best, with a fighter's association of some sort being the necessary counterbalance.

MMA is better when there is competition at that top so I hope you are right

But I sincerely doubt it.

Bellator is stacked full of guys who couldn't compete in the UFC anymore and those are amongst their biggest names.

Look at their HW GP, it's like 7 UFC guys and Fedor.

The reason SF could compete was because they could pick up established Pride/Wec/Affliction/Dream/etc guys ** still in their prime*** and build off their pre-established fan base

Rory is perhaps their biggest young star and he has that serial killer personality that I doubt makes him uber popular.

The only way things get competitive is if the UFC REALLY GOES TO SHIT.

smh

dont talk shit abt HEavy weights...you have 36 year old miocic, senior citizan 40 year old werdum, 37 year old(is he still alive)Overeem and 36 year old broken down and dead cain....

Bellator has young Blaydes, young fortune...minakov is only 33...way brighter future

LHW--now with DC at HW and jones gone find me 3 LHWs in the ufc better than any of these guys, Bader, Phil Davis, King Mo and Sonnen. I gave you 4, give me 3 better in the UFC now....ill wait.

MW- moose beats whittaker all day everyday

WW- Rory already beat Woodley do you need him to do it again

you dont know what youre talking abt....u just say what dana tells you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back