For Iron Mike Tyson Fans ONLY

vytko

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
wiki:
Throughout his career, Tyson became well known for his ferocious and intimidating boxing style as well as his controversial behavior both inside and outside the ring. Tyson is considered to have been one of the best heavyweight boxers of all time.[2] He is ranked No. 16 on The Ring's list of 100 greatest punchers of all time.[3]
Mike-Tyson_3.jpg

images

wiki:
Throughout his childhood, Tyson lived in and around high-crime neighborhoods. According to an interview in Details his first fight was with a bigger youth who had pulled the head off one of Tyson's pigeons.[8] He was repeatedly caught committing petty crimes and fighting those who ridiculed his high-pitched voice and lisp. By the age of 13, he had been arrested 38 times.[9] He ended up at the Tryon School for Boys in Johnstown, New York. It was at the school that Tyson's emerging boxing ability was discovered by Bobby Stewart, a juvenile detention center counselor and former boxer.[5] Stewart considered Tyson to be an outstanding fighter and trained him for a few months before introducing him to Cus D'Amato.[5]
mike-tyson.jpg

cus+tyson.jpg

images

wiki:
On November 22, 1986, Tyson was given his first title fight against Trevor Berbick for the World Boxing Council (WBC) heavyweight championship. Tyson won the title by second round TKO, and at the age of 20 years and 4 months became the youngest heavyweight champion in history.[17] Tyson's dominant performance brought many accolades. Donald Saunders wrote: "The noble and manly art of boxing can at least cease worrying about its immediate future, now [that] it has discovered a heavyweight champion fit to stand alongside Dempsey, Tunney, Louis, Marciano and Ali."[18]
tyson.jpg

Last edited:
could of been someone even bigger and better inside the right if it wasn't for a few problems outside the ring, will always be my favorite fighter interesting man

just his ring entrance had his opponents shiting bricks.

Last edited:
The Man the Myth , I wish he could have grown up a whole lot sooner he could have been great for much longer

Despite all his shortcomings, in the ring and out, Mike is the reason I got into boxing.
Respect

If you're a Tyson fan, make sure you check out the Charlie Sheen roast (airing on Sept 19th). I heard Tyson was unintelligibly hilarious.

mother fuckin war mike.

one of the scariest men to ever fight.

Top 10-15 of all-time and he showed but a fraction of what he was capable of. I still think of what could have been, mainly his separation from Rooney

favorite workout energizer:

favorite mood uplifter:

tysonlegacy.jpg

Cus D’Amato:
“Boxing is entertainment, so to be successful a fighter must not only win but he must win in an exciting manner. He must throw punches with bad intentions.”
mike-tyson-ripped.jpg

Fractal_Tiger_Fire_Wallpaper_by_PimArt.jpg

flame.jpg

“A boy comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame. I feed the flame and it becomes a fire. I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze.”
1firetiger.jpg

fire_tiger_wallpaper_by_kinglion1-d36fb65.jpg

When you see me smash somebody's skull, you enjoy it

I try to catch him right on the tip of the nose, because I try to push the bone into the brain

My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm

I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all

My main objective is to be professional but to kill him

But you really have to look at the science of the situation. You guys come here to talk and report but you don't actually look at the facts of what this business is all about. The best thing that happened to those guys and they should stand on their mother's shoulders and kiss my ass because I went to prison or they would not be existing right now. They'd be a flash in the pan and would have made some money and opened up a restaurant or bar somewhere where they live at

I realize this is a Tyson thread but in that last quote I find it interesting that jack Johnson has been forgotten as an all time great

Buster Mathis Jr. after his bout with Mike Tyson:

"Mike Tyson dropped me. and when I looked up, the count was on five. I said to myself, Damn, whatever happened to one to four."
mathis3.JPG

Sparring partner Corey 'T-Rex' Sanders:

"I've never been in the ring with someone who hit that hard. It feels like he has bricks in both hands."
tyson440x300.jpg

Cus D'Amato:

"When you get hit thats when youve got to be calm. A professional fighter has to learn how to hit and not get hit, and at the same time be exciting. Thats what professional boxing is about. Youve got to be clever, youve got to be smart, and not get hit, and when youre able to do this, youre a fighter."
bscap090.jpg

cuspattysonjose.jpg

Cus_D%27Amato,_Boxing_Icon.jpg

Mike Tyson about training:
"No one wants to get up at 4 and run when it's pitch-dark, but it has to be done. The only reason i do it so early is because i believe the other guy isn't doing it and that gives me a little edge"
images

images

images

images

007.jpg

mike-tyson-079006240.jpg

The most difficult part about fighting is the training, because..believe it or not the easy part of fighting is the fighting. A month before the fight the only thing i think about is just training. Constantly training. I enjoy it but it gets sometimes boring, because it is just constantly repetitious. Over and over the same thing over and over.

tyson4.jpg

277044~Mike-Tyson-Posters.jpg

2pac-mike-tyson-thumb-400xauto-12467.jpg

images

strawberry-gooden-tyson.jpg

Mike on discipline:
'Without discipline, no matter how good you are, you are nothing! One day, and I might not be around, you're going to meet a tough guy who takes your best shot. He'll keep coming because he's tough. Don't get discouraged. That's when the discipline comes in.'
tysonfergusonpasspic.jpeg

Back