For Honor

WalkenWouldOwn

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

Looks pretty damn cool. Anyone else looking forward to this?

Yeah definitely. Might be the most interesting title Ubisoft had to offer for me, other than South Park. I really like the cavalry style fighting. I've had my share of shooters.

The game looks amazing, the HUD seems horrible, hope we can turn off most of it.

I am big fan of Chivalry, this one game looks pretty well within my taste.

When I heard 1 v 1 melee combat, i immediately thought Bushido Blade. This is cool too though. Their fighting system looks interesting in any case

Aye, looks fun.
I'm tired of multiplayer shooters.

The cinematic trailer is badass too.

When I heard 1 v 1 melee combat, i immediately thought Bushido Blade. This is cool too though. Their fighting system looks interesting in any case

Fucking love Bushido Blade. Would love a game like that with online multiplayer.

This quickly became my favorite new ip shown at E3 so far. I love everything about this game.

I think I missed this yesterday during work. Need to catch up on vids during lunch today.

The combat doesn't seem that exciting. During the first minute I was excited they'd use something like the Chivalry combat design, instead it just looks like basic hack and slash.

The combat doesn't seem that exciting. During the first minute I was excited they'd use something like the Chivalry combat design, instead it just looks like basic hack and slash.

Doesn't look like basic hack and slash at all to me, at least not during the 1 on 1 player encounters. Seems like there is a fairly deep new system with the analog sticks. I guess we will see.

Yeah, I was referring to the group combat. The one on one seems kind of cool, but again, it just looks like a watered down version of Chivalry.

Looks like a fun new IP. It's like a combo of Bushido Blade and Dynasty Warriors. Anyone remember Bushido Blade?

I'd be interested if the combat mechanics had some feel and depth but I'm terrified of getting stuck in another mindless hack and slash. Why do studios insist on making those types of games?

It seems like it has directional blocking which will instantly make it more complex than other hack and slash melee games.

It seems like it has directional blocking which will instantly make it more complex than other hack and slash melee games.

Not much more complex if your offensive options are still mash x or y.

I'm watching the creative director describe the combat mechanics and they sound more interesting than I assumed. If the controls are responsive and you get decent feedback during combat, I'm definitely sold.

At first when they just showed a mob of enemies I was like "hack n slash...not interested" but then when you see that it's really a PVP game then it got my attention. Will depend entirely on how dynamic the gameplay is.

Apparently you can choose to raise your guard on your right or left side, which leaves you open to a counter on the opposite side. Conversely I assume you can then attack either your opponent's right or left side. It also looked like you have a guard break. Not sure about dodging or other evasion options.

I wish there was more separation between your character's movement and the camera but oh well. One small step for mankind.

Oh, and there are two types of attacks using the bumpers. That's a huge plus for me. Face buttons are horrible for combat imo.

why aren't there more sword games that give you full control of the weapon with the right analog stick. much better than mashing x or right trigger 4000 times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back