for Dana: Mousasi is a true legend

en14para-l1-f-using-paragraphs-560x792.jpg
Post of the day.

Hopefully he will start gaining casual fans so he can get that elusive MW title shot. He should fight either Whitaker or Rockhold next.

Did he sign a new contract with the ufc after Weidman fight? If he did, I will hear it from you for the first time
I don't think but he was complaining about money before he fought out his last contract.

Thank you, t.s.

People need to drink this in-- not only is Gegard already a legend, he truly is a once in a lifetime type of fighter.

When you go over the resume of a Gegard Mousasi, we may never see anything like it again in a very long time.....and we are seeing dead in his prime and best version of mousasi at age 31 and a COMBINED 58 PROFESSIONAL MMA/ KBOXING FIGHTS.

DRINK THIS IN.....A stand up fighter who's fought at mweight,lhweight and open weight (fought 250 pounders as a 185-205 pounder).Has been championed everywhere he's fought and after all this mileage (42-6-2)(10-3 ufc)(8-0 kboxer-)-----GO AHEAD AND KICK THE TIRES.THE STAND UP AND EXCITING GLADIATOR LOOKS LIKE (PHYSICALLY)HE'S HAD 8 FIGHTS.
THE CAT DOESN'T HAVE A SCRATCH ON HIM.HE SPEAKS AS LUCID AS HE DID WHEN HE STARTED AT 18 YEARS OF AGE....

Post usada, he might be the best 185er in the world....its fucking scary.
Please, someone show me someone with the amount of fistic combats that mousasi has that still looks as fresh as he does and still speaks as lucid as he does.

The UFC has to sign him just from the fact that besides being an exciting fighter, post usada- MIGHT be the best mw in world.As far as I'm concerned, right now, he's one of the top dozen pound for pound fighters.

He needs to negotiate a good deal or else be champ fighting oponnents earning more.. Never a comfortable position.

Thank you, t.s.

People need to drink this in-- not only is Gegard already a legend, he truly is a once in a lifetime type of fighter.

When you go over the resume of a Gegard Mousasi, we may never see anything like it again in a very long time.....and we are seeing dead in his prime and best version of mousasi at age 31 and a COMBINED 58 PROFESSIONAL MMA/ KBOXING FIGHTS.

DRINK THIS IN.....A stand up fighter who's fought at mweight,lhweight and open weight (fought 250 pounders as a 185-205 pounder).Has been championed everywhere he's fought and after all this mileage (42-6-2)(10-3 ufc)(8-0 kboxer-)-----GO AHEAD AND KICK THE TIRES.THE STAND UP AND EXCITING GLADIATOR LOOKS LIKE (PHYSICALLY)HE'S HAD 8 FIGHTS.
THE CAT DOESN'T HAVE A SCRATCH ON HIM.HE SPEAKS AS LUCID AS HE DID WHEN HE STARTED AT 18 YEARS OF AGE....

Post usada, he might be the best 185er in the world....its fucking scary.
Please, someone show me someone with the amount of fistic combats that mousasi has that still looks as fresh as he does and still speaks as lucid as he does.

The UFC has to sign him just from the fact that besides being an exciting fighter, post usada- MIGHT be the best mw in world.As far as I'm concerned, right now, he's one of the top dozen pound for pound fighters.
Absolutely, he is unique, and there is no fighter with the same kind of CV

Hey Dana, pay a legend like a legend

...and I loved this definition, it fits exactly for Mousasi: "once in a lifetime type of fighter"

and he is a master of avoiding damages, and look at him, if you don't know anything about him, it is impossible to understand that he is a fighter, he seems like an officer, or a geek university student who studies engineering, such a humble guy, nothing but respect for him

I was shocked when people were saying that his striking looked sloppy against Weidman. I thought it looked pretty sharp & he was working the jab nicely. It was also really cool seeing him compete in K-1 back in the day also.

I was shocked when people were saying that his striking looked sloppy against Weidman. I thought it looked pretty sharp & he was working the jab nicely. It was also really cool seeing him compete in K-1 back in the day also.
Yeah after Mousasi fight, I saw Weidman for the first time like...Why God why meeeee...

Absolutely, he is unique, and there is no fighter with the same kind of CV

Hey Dana, pay a legend like a legend

...and I loved this definition, it fits exactly for Mousasi: "once in a lifetime type of fighter"
I mean look at all the legends of this great sport that has logged in half the amount of fights of Mousasi.
They all have made their money but whether it's a cracked chin, a broken down body,a facial feature change for the worse or a regression in their speech---they all own one or more of the previous mentioned......and I'm leaving out a number of misfortunes that goes along with the fight game.

Knock on wood,outside a couple of mcl tears that healed properly, Gegard doesn't own any of these regression s which is quite remarkable when you sit down and really think about it..

I'm sure his manager knows what he's doing---they're shooting for something that they know they're not going to get but hopefully will settle for a number that they re secretly comfortable with.
First and foremost, Mousasi wants to be UFC champion. He doesn't want to go to Bellator and win a title that means little to nothing to him....regardless of the $$.
I'm sure both sides are still far from that point and confident that something will get worked out.

I mean look at all the legends of this great sport that has logged in half the amount of fights of Mousasi.
They all have made their money but whether it's a cracked chin, a broken down body,a facial feature change for the worse or a regression in their speech---they all own one or more of the previous mentioned......and I'm leaving out a number of misfortunes that goes along with the fight game.

Knock on wood,outside a couple of mcl tears that healed properly, Gegard doesn't own any of these regression s which is quite remarkable when you sit down and really think about it..

I'm sure his manager knows what he's doing---they're shooting for something that they know they're not going to get but hopefully will settle for a number that they re secretly comfortable with.
First and foremost, Mousasi wants to be UFC champion. He doesn't want to go to Bellator and win a title that means little to nothing to him....regardless of the $$.
I'm sure both sides are still far from that point and confident that something will get worked out.
Franklin, what do you think Dana's point may be of evaluating Gegard like an ordinary fighter before negotiations.He knows Gegard's past, his desire for the belt, and his personality
what is the point I can't figure out
He is kind of giving a sense like letting Gegard to be a free agent

Mousasi is one of the last OGs of mma still competing and even stranger he is now in his prime.

Fighters that are complaining about their pay...News Flash, don't like you pay, NEGOTIATE!

If you have already signed the contract, you can't be bitching about how much someone else is making.

News Flash -- Mousasi calling out Dana publicly in the media for low pay right before his contract is the start of the negotiations! Utilizing the media to garner more support for their case for higher pay is really the most effective weapon the fighters have right now to balance the power of the big, bullying UFC

Franklin, what do you think Dana's point may be of evaluating Gegard like an ordinary fighter before negotiations.He knows Gegard's past, his desire for the belt, and his personality
what is the point I can't figure out
He is kind of giving a sense like letting Gegard to be a free agent

You know, it's a game...I can't tell you how many times I've heard Dana articulate "How nasty of a fighter Gegard Mousasi is" or " How much a fan of his I am"
When UFC bought SFORCE, someone convinced gegard that he wasnt "a name" which is crazy cause he's headlined or co headlined all 12 of his UFC fights outside of 1 and that was ufc 200 where he was all but thrown in vs DC when Jones fell through (Gegard was first to throw his name in and they went with Anderson when he offered)..
Is Gegard a ppv star? ...no but he has a bigger following than what they make it out to be.

There's a "negotiation period "that takes place now before any party can talk to anyone and I'd like to believe its the new owners that will land a contract with Mousasi (and I actually think Dana will be instrumental in getting a satisfied deal done for Mousasi)...
I'm sure neither party will be "happy" but thats the way it works.Gegard will get a bump but by how much and how many fights- idk???

News Flash -- Mousasi calling out Dana publicly in the media for low pay right before his contract is the start of the negotiations! Utilizing the media to garner more support for their case for higher pay is really the most effective weapon the fighters have right now to balance the power of the big, bullying UFC
News Flash..that may not always work. Randy was in a deep legal battle over pay as well. Rory and Bendo left UFC as well and it doesn't look like UFC is losing any sleep over it.

Gegard doesn't have the same Popularity as Ronda/Conor/Hendo/GSP etc
He was even passed over as a potential replacement when Jones tested positive.
It all boils down to management negotiation and not just calling somebody out during press conference..lol

Back