For Boxing experts only: Should Floyd be penalized for turning his back to opponents?

dissufc

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
*Should Floyd be penalized for turning his back to opponents?

I think it's a disgraceful bitch move. You ought to get punched in the back of the head for this super gay tactic.

During the Floyd vs Canelo fight, Floyd was doing a lot of shoulder rolls for defense.

Floyd exaggerated them so much that Canelo was landing shots on Floyd's back.

Floyd cried to the ref and Canelo got a warning.

Isn't it illegal not to face your opponent?
Don't you get disqualified if you keep turning your back to the opponent?

50-cent2.png

I am sorry OP, I got distracted.
What were you saying?

McGregor was the one looking for the clinch and usually trying to get his back for some reason and then rabbit punching, really evident in the last 4 rounds when Floyd was hitting him with whatever he wanted.

it seemed like CANner was hooking him to stay behind him and we all know grapplers like to check your oil for you. Then old Mr. McGruber started throwing what can only be called "reach around punches" which after all of those Lilly nanny MC Hammer Fists to the back of floyds head, Sinead O'CANner should have been penalized.

Then he tried to double leg Floyd when he was hurt, and he punched during the break before the ref said continue. But most of all, CANner should have been penalized every round for stealing and wearing John Stocktons shorts during an actual sport.

But you can't blame him. It's not like he had any athleticism to fall back on.

That snot rocket coming out of McGregor's left nostril looks like the Nike swoosh logo. He's repping them before he's even been endorsed.

$

“JUST BLEW IT.”

it seemed like CANner was hooking him to stay behind him and we all know grapplers like to check your oil for you. Then old Mr. McGruber started throwing what can only be called "reach around punches" which after all of those Lilly nanny MC Hammer Fists to the back of floyds head, Sinead O'CANner should have been penalized.

Then he tried to double leg Floyd when he was hurt, and he punched during the break before the ref said continue. But most of all, CANner should have been penalized every round for stealing and wearing John Stocktons shorts during an actual sport.

Panic wrestling!

Panic wrestling!
Apt name for it especially since he kept creeping around behind Floyd trying to get in to his panic room.
Could be a cultural thing though, everyone in America knows you knock before you enter the back door.

He should stick to MMA where he can fight baristas, boxercise instructors, and people who are really good at that UFC trainer for Kinect

I think it's a disgraceful bitch move. You ought to get punched in the back of the head for this super gay tactic.

During the Floyd vs Canelo fight, Floyd was doing a lot of shoulder rolls for defense.

Floyd exaggerated them so much that Canelo was landing shots on Floyd's back.

Floyd cried to the ref and Canelo got a warning.

Isn't it illegal not to face your opponent?
Don't you get disqualified if you keep turning your back to the opponent?

Should McGregor have been penalized for holding and hitting and rabbit punching too? Because thats why the ref was breaking them up in those positions.

<bball2>

Conor was straight arm dragging him to get his back lmao

Then he tried to double leg Floyd when he was hurt, and he punched during the break before the ref said continue.
Was that during the 9th? He looked to be rocked good enough that if he didn't hold on to floyd, he would have hit the canvas.

There was probably a clause where if mcgregor got dq or did an illegal mma non boxing move mayweather would get an even bigger chunk of the money. He was probably hoping McGregor got confused and started doing some weird shit

It's funny how not a single boxing shill will address the question. Sugar Ray avoided it to. It's a straight forward question and not something new to Mayweather

But yes, I think it should get a warning or two and then penalties if used as a strategy to avoid contact or seek illegal shots

the person saying he was baiting conor into a foul might be on to something. Boxers don't turn their backs unless in severe trouble, you saw it with ray mancini when arguello was putting it on him, you saw it almost happen when holmes landed a deadly body shot on ali. It's a impulse but one boxers have long since learned to ignore so maybe Floyd was hoping conor would take him up and throw him, choke him or take him down. It was weird. I do know the difference in stances, south/orth, makes that kind of turning around common in competition, particularly when one guy is way stronger than another, but I don't think that's what it was, I think Floyd might have been up to something. Also note that he shelled up when he did it and just seemed to wait to see what conor would do, weird. He's been in with harder punchers so I doubt it's because he was worried about conors punches, I never saw a bit of concern over getting hit by him, just look at his face when he took that uppercut, looks like he's reading the wall street journal.

It's funny how not a single boxing shill will address the question. Sugar Ray avoided it to. It's a straight forward question and not something new to Mayweather

But yes, I think it should get a warning or two and then penalties if used as a strategy to avoid contact or seek illegal shots
he could have been penalized, sure, I also think conor is right when he says the judges had some favoritism, I think the boxing folks did show some favoritism, not right but it happens.

Back