For 2017 which match excites you the most

DeJulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For all of the matches that are suppose to occur or have already been signed off on. If you can only have 1 occur next year of your choice. What fight would it be? (No Mayweather-McGregor)

I think Canelo-GGG is the one I would choose, but Joshua-Klitschko might top that. Its 4 months away and I am actually getting really excited for that fight due to so many unknowns. Is Joshua ready? Was Klitschko-Fury a farce or is Klitschko simply old now? What happens when he feels AJs power? Then again what happens when AJ feels Klitschkos power?

Thurman-Garcia is still a big one to me but feels a step below the other two.

Spence Jr-Brook or even Khan-Brook is interesting but no where in this type of discussion.

Also I want to see more of Joe Smith Jr.

AJ-klitschko is one i am looking forward to most as of yet, we will learn that either Klitschko is done, AJ is the real thing, or AJ isnt what we thought he was

AJ-klitschko is one i am looking forward to most as of yet, we will learn that either Klitschko is done, AJ is the real thing, or AJ isnt what we thought he was
I think AJ puts him down for the KO. Possibly early.
Im more in the belief that Klitschko has been to content with the way he fights and that age has caught up to him.
Fury beat him with awkwardness and honestly I think Fury knows that and is trying to avoid a beat down.
Im glad Klit lost but Fury isn't the heir apparent.

AJ with his power and youth catches Klitschko for a true passing of the torch.

I'll just name matches I want to happen:
roman gonzalez vs naoya inoue
Mikey Garcia vs Lomachenko
Ukyk vs Mairis Briedis
Joe Smith vs Adonis
Degale va Ramirez

Of the fights that are already made, Joshua vs Klitschko has to be at or near the top of the list. Of the fights that are not already made but may be in 2017 or the following year, I'll say GGG vs Canelo. Of the less heralded bouts on the schedule, I'm personally looking forward to Granados vs Broner with Granados hopefully upsetting Broner.

GGG vs Jacobs ( I want to see how he handles real power)

But yeah Joshua vs Kiltschko is the most anticipated

With Danny Swift vs One time ( one guy is going get very popular)

I think AJ puts him down for the KO. Possibly early.
Im more in the belief that Klitschko has been to content with the way he fights and that age has caught up to him.
Fury beat him with awkwardness and honestly I think Fury knows that and is trying to avoid a beat down.
Im glad Klit lost but Fury isn't the heir apparent.

AJ with his power and youth catches Klitschko for a true passing of the torch.

I think he'll ko wlad but I disagree about fury. I think fury would've beat him easier the 2nd time round. He was and is a nightmare for wlad; bigger so he can't be bullied, longer and is really fluid! I'm quite gutted about what's happened with fury. He ain't the most exciting fighter but I enjoyed seeing a huge fella that can actually box very well. The division is far more interesting with him in it

That and winner vs Wilder will be two amazing events

Garcia vs Thurman is going to be a great fight.

There are a lot of fights that have been made or are imminent for the early part of the year that look very promising. Joshua/Klitschko promises to be the biggest spectacle even if it isn't the actual fight that that is the most interesting to me. Gonzalez/Cuadras 2 isn't finalized last time I checked, but it would be very high up there (and then, assuming Gonzalez wins and that's not a given, Gonzalez/Estrada 2 and Gonzalez/Inoue). DeGale/Jack promises to be a great fight, and it will create a new SMW lineage.

Golovkin/Jacobs might be the most interesting to me. It should give us a pretty good idea of whether Golovkin is a genuinely great fighter, or if he just looks like a great fighter against lesser competition.

Garcia - Thurman

Chocolatito - Cuadras rematch.
I like that Gonzalez decided to give an immediate rematch to the guy that gave him his toughest fight till now.
He didn't have to but he did it never the less. I hope he'll bring even more to the table this time.

For some weird reason I almost don't give a shit about GGG - Jacobs fight.

Last edited:
I've stuck with Garcia a long time so I'll choose him but I think that's for gambling reasons. Realistically I think Thurman wins.

Thurman.

I'll give a top 5 for officially made match ups:

1. Golovkin vs Jacobs
2. Joshua vs Wlad
3. Garcia vs Thurman
4. DeGale vs Jack
5. Frampton vs LSC 2

Something like that. Hopefully the rest of the year keeps up with the good quality.

GGG Canelo, but my gut tells me that it probably won't happen. After that probably Joshua Wlad.

Back