For $1,000,000.00, why wouldn't UFC fighters leave en masse for the PFL?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Not A Real Fan, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Danespina

Danespina Silver Belt

You're talking UFC champs though. Most UFC guys have to work for years climbing very difficult opposition till they capture a title and can start making a million dollars per year. Possible. But very, very difficult.

PFL is 12 mid-tier fighters per division, winner gets 1 million at the end of 6 months. That's still a great opportunity and a much more realistic path for most. Especially when considering PFL fighters are also getting paid a standard show/win purse which is negotiated separately, and when playoff bonuses (of 50k, 100k, and 200k) go out to all fighters who make the playoffs. It's not bad.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. skylolow

skylolow Silver Belt

That isn't good.

Can't say I was expecting much but you'd think 200K would at least be reasonable.

Then again off the top of my head I can't even think of what channel NBCsports is. I know around where it is but no the exact channel.

I watched Facebook and NBCsports portion thought the show wasn't bad.Overall I like the fights better on Facebook than NBC portion of the card.

I think they should really think about delaying it a few hours and pick a choose what fights we see. Use two fights with name value like a Jake Shields to draw us in and promote the event but the rest of the matches should be hand picked. I think they could really gave the TV audience a pretty exciting card top to bottom. I highly doubt anyone would cry over a two hour delay or whatever.

FKA likes this.
  3. Danespina

Danespina Silver Belt

Not bad but I prefer live because you can then see the point system developing over night, with the commentators reminding us throughout each fight how many 1st round finishes there were or whatever. If you mixed and matched the order you could start running into continuity errors, or the commentators would need to seclude the fights from one another.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 11:43 AM