For $1,000,000.00, why wouldn't UFC fighters leave en masse for the PFL?

Does anyone know where i can watch last nights fights? will they upload them to their Youtube Channel?

The prelims are posted on their Facebook feed.

No idea if there is a legal way to watch the main card though.

The prelims are posted on their Facebook feed.

No idea if there is a legal way to watch the main card though.

Thank you! been looking for these all day. Heard their first event was good and i like their tournament style.

Because the reality is PFL will fail after a season or 2 there is no way they are making money paying out 10 million at the end of the season plus all other expenses.

Also like stated before only 1 fighter from each division will make the million.

Also much like the problems bellator ran into after doing a few seasons is so many fights in a short time isn't appealing to free agents or returning fighters.Sure the appeal of a possible big payout will entice some but for the most part they will have their wsof grown talent and retreaded guys from other promotions......pretty much what they have now.

Because the reality is PFL will fail after a season or 2 there is no way they are making money paying out 10 million at the end of the season plus all other expenses.

Also like stated before only 1 fighter from each division will make the million.

Also much like the problems bellator ran into after doing a few seasons is so many fights in a short time isn't appealing to free agents or returning fighters.Sure the appeal of a possible big payout will entice some but for the most part they will have their wsof grown talent and retreaded guys from other promotions......pretty much what they have now.
Were you one of the guys who boldly predicted that WSOF would go out of business every year from 2012 to 2017, never to be right each year?

Were you one of the guys who boldly predicted that WSOF would go out of business every year from 2012 to 2017, never to be right each year?

No I was the one saying they never turned a profit and it was a mystery as to how they ever would with the horrific viewer numbers.

I don't see how PFL will turn a profit either since they are supposedly putting out 10 million to the winners plus the whole rest of the expenses and other fighter pay.

So yeah me along with the majority of people think it's pretty impossible to sustain this format for more then a season(if they even ever really pay the fighters the millions)before it implodes.

No I was the one saying they never turned a profit and it was a mystery as to how they ever would with the horrific viewer numbers.

I don't see how PFL will turn a profit either since they are supposedly putting out 10 million to the winners plus the whole rest of the expenses and other fighter pay.

So yeah me along with the majority of people think it's pretty impossible to sustain this format for more then a season(if they even ever really pay the fighters the millions)before it implodes.
Well they've done a good job raising the money and building a decent roster, and they were smart to restructure WSOF and try something different.

No reason to be negative on PFL at this moment imo. They're doing a admiral job.

Well they've done a good job raising the money and building a decent roster, and they were smart to restructure WSOF and try something different.

No reason to be negative on PFL at this moment imo. They're doing a admiral job.

I watched the show it wasn't bad the production was decent and the fights were pretty good but I'm just saying what's obvious not necessarily negative it's just what it is.

Seriously asking here how do they turn a single dollar??

I watched the show it wasn't bad the production was decent and the fights were pretty good but I'm just saying what's obvious not necessarily negative it's just what it is.

Seriously asking here how do they turn a single dollar??
WSOF paid out fighters roughly $300,000-$400,000 per event in 2015-2016, and they've been in business since 2012. NBC is upping the ante, yes, but they also didn't rush into this. They planned, built new partners, got themselves a good TV slot, and raised money so that they could create something bigger than WSOF.

I don't know if they'll succeed, but it's a solid effort imo.

Last edited:
I think there is nervousness of it paying out plus you cant force your way out of a contract.

Will Brooks is the luckiest guy alive though, frontrunner to win a million after burning down a bridge and choking in the UFC.

I thought only the winners make money, so that means they are paying out more. I guess we will see how sustainable it all is after the first ratings come out.

Well in order to make that mil you have to win 5 fights in a row. And to do so you have to fight those 5 fights in a 6 month span. Not exactly a sure thing at all. Injuries happen. Don't win your just getting your regular pay.

Well in order to make that mil you have to win 5 fights in a row. And to do so you have to fight those 5 fights in a 6 month span. Not exactly a sure thing at all. Injuries happen. Don't win your just getting your regular pay.
Even the 18 quarter and semi-finalists get paid a bonus of 100-200k apparently. That's in addition to their regular show/win pay.

It's still a pretty good opportunity.

It's not that easy. PFL/WSOF is basically owned by the UFC and used as their farm league. Ever wonder why all the WSOF champs come to the UFC?

It's good money and I can't blame any of these guys for trying in this

It's not that easy. PFL/WSOF is basically owned by the UFC and used as their farm league. Ever wonder why all the WSOF champs come to the UFC?
WSOF/PFL was not and is not owned by the UFC, nor is there any such concept under the law as "basically owning" something. Furthermore, the WSOF didn't act like a farm league for the UFC. As a matter of fact for all five years of its existence, relatively few fighters came over from WSOF to the UFC, such as high profile champions like Justin Gaethje and Marlon Moraes, and only after a long stint that ended as the first iteration of the WSOF was wrapping up. There are other MMA promotions that have served as de facto feeder leagues in recent years, most notably the RFA & LFC who merged to create the LFA which does indeed send a lot of fighters to the UFC and even licenses the Octagon trademark for it's cage.

Back