For $1,000,000.00, why wouldn't UFC fighters leave en masse for the PFL?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Let's assume the PFL becomes a viable promotion that comes back year after year.

The vast majority of the UFC roster won't make a million a year even with sponsors. And probably never will. Alex Nicholson wasn't. He was 1-3 in the UFC but may be a millionaire by the end of this year. Meanwhile the guys who beat him the UFC (Sam Alvey, Misha Cirkunov, and Jack Hermansson) will never see a million bucks during their entire tenure in the UFC. I'm sure many ranked fighters would make the jump.

And what of this year's champions? You think they'll jump to the UFC for 50K/50K after winning a million? They would want to come back next season to win another million.

They don't need the 1 million when they have Reebok money.

lol

I'll believe the "million dollars" when the winners cash the check.

Conor should do it since he can get away with anything.

Well, only 1 in 12 will actually make that bank. The 11/12 won't be having a good year.

Conor should do it since he can get away with anything.

but why would he fight for pennies? His last disclosed purse without everything else was 3 million from the UFC, then there is the Mayweather fight.

I know right, those guys fighting for Bodog and Aflliction are making bank right now, nowhere near IFL money though. #UFCisdying

Well, only 1 in 12 will actually make that bank. The 11/12 won't be having a good year.
Pretty much everyone getting paid decently cause the bonuses of 50k, 100k, 200k, or 1 million, are in addition to their standard show/win pay which is negotiated separately. Plus they each can have two sponsors.

Last edited:
Contracts

And it remains to be seen how this will pan out. We’ll have to see if everybody gets paid by the end of it. If the concept can survive.

Then youll see more fighters pursue it.

I like it

Let’s be honest: if Ali abdelasleaze is the least bit still involved, nobody will be making anything worth mentioning. The rest will be going through ward ISIS

IF the organization works like it's supposed to, then we should see the PFL push for more well-known names. Guys like Frank Mir and Johny Hendricks could start coming in by 2019.

However, I don't think we'll ever see a Jones, McGregor, or GSP fighter go to the PFL. Not even Bellator is able to snag a name like that.

cause not everybody's winning the million.

And the ceiling is obviously way higher in the UFC. fighters hope to make it there.

Because of their contracts. Also, the uncertainty that they can even produce the money. If this season goes off without a hitch and the winners get paid and they announce another season I can see more fighters trying to play hardball with the UFc and more willing to explore free agency and leave.

I know right, those guys fighting for Bodog and Aflliction are making bank right now, nowhere near IFL money though. #UFCisdying
IFC one night tournies is where the real money's at

If they actually get paid, there will be a lot of fighters trying to go there

Let's assume the PFL becomes a viable promotion that comes back year after year.

The vast majority of the UFC roster won't make a million a year even with sponsors. And probably never will. Alex Nicholson wasn't. He was 1-3 in the UFC but may be a millionaire by the end of this year. Meanwhile the guys who beat him the UFC (Sam Alvey, Misha Cirkunov, and Jack Hermansson) will never see a million bucks during their entire tenure in the UFC. I'm sure many ranked fighters would make the jump.

And what of this year's champions? You think they'll jump to the UFC for 50K/50K after winning a million? They would want to come back next season to win another million.
Because PFL will never pay that 1,000,000 out. Anyone with a bit of common sense realizes that.

Does anyone know where i can watch last nights fights? will they upload them to their Youtube Channel?

Back