Foot cramps

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Old Man, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Old Man Black Belt

Old Man
    I've had problems with foot and lower leg cramps since I started BJJ. I started eating bananas before class, and that helped. Lately I've been drinking coconut water on days I train and I think that helps too. Once I chugged a Gatorade before class, and I almost puked when a guy got knee on belly. Not doing that again.

I don't have severe foot cramps like I used to, but I'm still feeling like my feet and lower legs aren't working quite right. Can anyone recommend a supplement or some exercises?

2. Robocok Purple Belt

Robocok
    I get this too a little bit sometimes. Try elevating your legs and letting the blood drain. I think a hot bath with epsom salt helps too. Stretching plus massage couldn't hurt either.

3. Saint Of The K Green Belt

Saint Of The K
    I've suffered from cramps at night for quite a while now. TBH, nothing seems to be working very effectively. Lots of water, stretching, etc., don't seem to have much effect, if at all.
    The only thing that kinda helps is to watch my sodium intake. I can have a light diner but if it is loaded with salt, I know I'll wake up at 1AM with huge cramps. So I now order my fries without salt when dining out, ha !

4. William Huggins Blue Belt

William Huggins
    Try a good magnesium supplement........

Robocok and MisterHappy like this.
  5. Amianto White Belt

Amianto
    I suffer from leg cramps at night sometimes, strangely only in periods in which I'm particularly stressed.
    Taking Magnesium totally solves the problem, for me.

6. MisterHappy White Belt

MisterHappy
    I'll second this one. Dealt with them for some time no matter how well I hydrated and the mag sups have really helped cut them down.

7. CrimsonFan Silver Belt

CrimsonFan
    Stretch before you wank boys

8. Saint Of The K Green Belt

Saint Of The K
    Mg doesn't do much for me unfortunately, neither does drinking 1+ gallon of water per day.
    Last night I woke up every 20 minutes between 11PM and 3AM, then at least every hour until I woke up at 6.30AM.
    Let's say I didn't have a great performance at the gym at 7AM...