Food cart closes due to Occupy Ice death threats

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://www.kgw.com/mobile/article/...y-ice-pdx-protesters-owners-say/283-576480995
PORTLAND, Ore. — The owners of a Portland food cart located near the Occupy ICE PDX camp announced they are closing the business due threats and verbal attacks by protesters.

Julie and Scott Hakes, owners of The Happy Camper Food and Coffee Bar, say they no longer feel safe in the neighborhood after their daughter, who works at the cart, was repeatedly threatened. They plan to sell the cart.

”They're constantly cussing at her and screaming at her. You know she'd finally had enough. She finally called me up on the phone, crying," Scott Hakes said.

"They already know what she drives. They see her walking around, and they run after her. You know, they videotape her, and they’re telling her they know where she’s at. And there’s no reason for it. She hasn’t done anything," said Julie Hakes.

This behavior is absolutely vile and these threats need to be dealt with. I hope arrests are made.

They have threatened her life so if she or someone has to use deadly force to defend themselves then the threats are documented.

Portland has really changed in the 17 years I’ve lived there, for the absolute worse. Homeless everywhere, and of course, Antifa

They have threatened her life so if she or someone has to use deadly force to defend themselves then the threats are documented.
I get this and agree to a certain extent. However most people aren't willing to meet violence with action, nevermind being capable of protecting themselves.

I get this and agree to a certain extent. However most people aren't willing to meet violence with action, nevermind being capable of protecting themselves.

Which is why shit heads get a way with this shit.

Why are some of these people threatening her?? Makes no dam sense.
I am a from P-towm but not livin there now.
The cart, located at 0651 SW Bancroft St., is owned by the nonprofit homeless outreach organization, Operation Off The Grid, according to its Facebook page, and helps pay for food, clothing and hygiene products for the homeless.

“Unfortunately, over the last month, we have been threatened and verbally attacked for not backing the immigration agenda at the DHS location and wanting to stay neutral and serve all who are hungry,” said a post on the cart’s Facebook page. “We tried repeatedly to try to work out peaceful solutions with the organizations and individuals protesting, but it all came back to being told almost daily to either support the anti-DHS agenda or suffer the consequences.”

The cart, located at 0651 SW Bancroft St., is owned by the nonprofit homeless outreach organization, Operation Off The Grid, according to its Facebook page, and helps pay for food, clothing and hygiene products for the homeless.

“Unfortunately, over the last month, we have been threatened and verbally attacked for not backing the immigration agenda at the DHS location and wanting to stay neutral and serve all who are hungry,” said a post on the cart’s Facebook page. “We tried repeatedly to try to work out peaceful solutions with the organizations and individuals protesting, but it all came back to being told almost daily to either support the anti-DHS agenda or suffer the consequences.”

Welcome to new age tolerance.

Do what we say or we will ruin and maybe maim you, because we are so tolerant.

If it’s a direct threat of violence against her person, why not report to police? That is a crime I believe

Strange that they would rather close their place than report the threats and harassment to the police.

Strange that they would rather close their place than report the threats and harassment to the police.
The police of Portland with unnamed threats? Oh yeah, that'll clear things right up. Fuck that, I have never in my life advocated violence over of a shitty political difference, but if that's what you want, this company should fire up some DMX for a soundtrack and let's do it. I will never in this lifetime try to physically intimidate someone to make them agree, but if I'm not gonna say no if someone tries to do it to me.

Sad that government has gone rogue in that part of the country. Liberal leadership has really shown it's true colors and intentions over the past few years.

Didn’t you read?

The police haven’t responded, and the mayor is all for the occupy movement

This is what I read - "The Happy Camper’s Facebook post says owners have not received any help from Portland police.

After the protest began, Mayor Ted Wheeler, who also serves as police commissioner, declined to provide assistance from the Portland Police Bureau to Department of Homeland Security."

It doesn't say they've reported the crimes to the police. It says the Mayor didn't provide assistance to the DHS, nothing about the food stand.

Where does it say the mayor is "all for the occupy movement"? I must have missed that.

This is what I read - "The Happy Camper’s Facebook post says owners have not received any help from Portland police.

After the protest began, Mayor Ted Wheeler, who also serves as police commissioner, declined to provide assistance from the Portland Police Bureau to Department of Homeland Security."

It doesn't say they've reported the crimes to the police. It says the Mayor didn't provide assistance to the DHS, nothing about the food stand.

Where does it say the mayor is "all for the occupy movement"? I must have missed that.
It’s over a month old

I’ve lived here for 17 years, sadly this is what this once great city has became

It does seem implied, if the police have refused to help. Also, you are just making excuses for criminals. Its funny how leftists like to act dumb when the facts speak for themselves just to obscure the truth, or it would be if it wasn't treasonous.

"The Happy Camper’s Facebook post says owners have not received any help from Portland police.

Shows what the city's priorities are.

That owners doesn't sound like a happy camper

Back