Focusing on "stars" has been killing the UFC for YEARS and Conor is the sad culmination of it all...

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If only they would place their focus on ACTUAL FIGHTS...

When Conor is the face of your company...you have problems.

And I'm not using hyperbole.

When your "star" won't actually defend...

When your "star" is given so much power that HE can dictate the rules...

When your "star" makes a mockery of your organization by acting the fool left and fucking right...

These are not things that other fighters on the roster should aspire to in order to get paid, alas, being a loudmouth does have it's monetary advantages given the fucked up nature of the UFC.

In closing, I know the entertainment aspect is VITAL, but what about focusing on entertaining FIGHTS and INTRIGUING match-ups...

I'll end my saying this... Imagine if Conor was not a "star"... If that was the case, a fight with Tony would have probably happened already...

*end of rant*

Last edited:
McClownshow and the UFC have certainly turned the LW championship into a laughing stock.

Dana, and Zuffa killed any legitimacy the UFC had. Then got the fuck out and made a fortune. The bros slam dunked that shit all the way to the bank.

Dana made the big bucks. But, really looks bad now. He should retire. Enjoy his money, and get out of the rat race.

And Dana's been pissing on GSP in the last 4-5 years.

Even tho he defended the belt 9 times and was always a classy champion.

Dana and the UFC deserve what they get right now..

Casual fans pay the bills

Sad but true

Good to see you've brought your War Room ranting over to the Heavies.

the worst part is Conor is a manlet. 145 155 are all extremely competitive.

if he was a LHW or HW no one would care if he was holding up the divisions at this time.

Last edited:
The problem for me is that the UFC never really invested enough in new talent, they always got by on buying up talent other orgs had built and with that supply drying up after the SF buyout we've seen a gradual decline in the higher weight classes that traditionally made the most money.

The focus on a handful of stars is I think an effective way to avoid dealing with that problem in the short term but its always a gamble, the recent breed of stars like Lesnar, Conor and Rousey don't have long shelf lives and you never know whether your going to find a new one.

If 2016 was the UFC's best year, how has it been killed? Too much money? Too much profit?

Oh no, not that!

How do numbers work again?

The problem for me is that the UFC never really invested enough in new talent, they always got by on buying up talent other orgs had built and with that supply drying up after the SF buyout we've seen a gradual decline in the higher weight classes that traditionally made the most money.

The focus on a handful of stars is I think an effective way to avoid dealing with that problem in the short term but its always a gamble, the recent breed of stars like Lesnar, Conor and Rousey don't have long shelf lives and you never know whether your going to find a new one.

Yes.

They are extremely short-sighted and that can yield disastrous results.

And in regards to investing in new talent... Heaven forbid.

TS, are you ever not complaining about something?

This
Dana is awful.at his only job promotion
He doenst know how to sell new guys or existing talent unless they are mouthpieces
He shits on existing talent and its usualy when they ask for a slight pay increase

The appeal to UFC was always that it would match up the best vs the best, and not let stars control the company.

This led to steady success that the company could rely on.

Now that stars control the company, the hardcore fans are being pushed away for short term gain.

Not good for long term success.

The match ups appeal to the loyal fan base only. You have to have "stars" to appeal to the casual fan. You need guys who are household names to help sell your brand. If they didn't focus on making stars then the sport wouldn't grow. Having said that I hate what Conor is allowed to do by holding up a division and not defending.

The new owners desperately need "stars" and money fights as they realized how massively they had overpaid the UFC.

Dana, and Zuffa killed any legitimacy the UFC had. Then got the fuck out and made a fortune. The bros slam dunked that shit all the way to the bank.

Dana made the big bucks. But, really looks bad now. He should retire. Enjoy his money, and get out of the rat race.

Without Dana and Zuffa there would not be any popular MMA. Time, money, hard work, luck and corruption.

Name someone before McGregor that proves your case TS

Well, Dana White sums up the point of this thread best.

"I'll be fucking pissed if GSP doesn't defend the Middleweight belt" - Dana
"Conor McGregor is an interesting man. He may never fight again" -Dana

One of these men has been with the UFC for years and defended a championship belt numerous times.

The other is Conor McGregor

Favoritism, shortsightedness, and quick cash grabs are what the UFC has been about for a while now. It's a damn shame.

Back