FML Fedor...

I don't think that Fedor is a top ten heavyweight. I don't think he has been a top ten heavyweight since 2010. Fedor lost tonight because (a) he is older, with a lot of mileage on his body, and therefore slower; (b) not able to take a punch (or recover) as well as he was able to in his prime; and (c) Mitrione is a big man who hits hard.

Those aren't excuses at all. They compose an honest assessment of what happened tonight. An excuse would be something like, "well he lost because he slipped," or "Fedor only lost because it was an early stoppage." Fedor lost fair and square, and he didn't make excuse. You, however, are committed to disparaging one of the most respected sportsman in all of mixed martial arts.

I mean, cool, you're a real winner...
Fair enough, you seem to have far more common sense than the usual Fedor lover.

He won again because he was fighting against lower tier fighters. I mean, how is that not obvious?

Stop fighter bashing.

Bigfoot Silva who went 2-8 in the UFC was higher level competition? Bigfoot went 3-10-1 after beating Fedor. Or maybe Hendo, who went 4-7 after defeating Fedor, with two of those wins over Shogun looked very average (9-8) after coming to testing land.

It isn't fighter bashing to bring up records. If you want to live in fantasy land, that's okay.

Bigfoot Silva who went 2-8 in the UFC was higher level competition? Bigfoot went 3-10-1 after beating Fedor. Or maybe Hendo, who went 4-7 after defeating Fedor, with two of those wins over Shogun looked very average (9-8) after coming to testing land.

Right. Jeff Monson (in 2011), Pedro Rizzo (in 2012), Satoshi Ishiii, and Jaideep Singh are on the same level as active UFC fighters. Okay. And you're right that while Shogun looked quite exceptional in a few fights (both Machida fights, the Chuck Liddell fight, etc.) his UFC career has been very average. That's not an indication that his earlier success either. Because (a) he was also tested by the same athletic commissions and testing bodies as UFC fighters while in Pride (Pride 32 vs Randleman) and won, and (b) also went through major injuries and surgeries toward the end of his Pride career, and during his UFC career.

It isn't fighter bashing to bring up records. If you want to live in fantasy land, that's okay.

We're not arguing over records. We're arguing over your baseless accusation. What you originally said was this:

What is Fedor's record in countries that drug test?

Despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary, you're attempting to spread the idea that Fedor's legacy is tainted by PED use. This is fighter bashing, and it's incredibly slimy.

But let's be honest -- at this point, you're basically just acting like an uneducated troll.

So fuck off.

Fair enough, you seem to have far more common sense than the usual Fedor lover.

As I said before -- every professional athlete and team will have some percentage of fans that are just blinded by a sense of belonging. Maybe it's innate to us, maybe it's just how we're raised. Don't respond to these people by (a) fighter bashing, or (b) trolling everyone else. That makes you on their level.

We're not arguing over records. We're arguing over your baseless accusation. What you originally said was this:

Despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary, you're attempting to spread the idea that Fedor's legacy is tainted by PED use. This is fighter bashing, and it's incredibly slimy.

The mountain of evidence is that Fedor wins when there is no testing and loses when there is.

So if you want to accuse me of fighter bashing, provide me with his record when fighters are held to a testing standard as opposed to when he isn't.

The mountain of evidence is that Fedor wins when there is no testing and loses when there is.

So if you want to accuse me of fighter bashing, provide me with his record when fighters are held to a testing standard as opposed to when he isn't.

PRIDE 32.

As I said before -- every professional athlete and team will have some percentage of fans that are just blinded by a sense of belonging. Maybe it's innate to us, maybe it's just how we're raised. Don't respond to these people by (a) fighter bashing, or (b) trolling everyone else. That makes you on their level.
lol Jesus dude, get off your high horse.

Sounds like someone doesn't understand basic concepts like correlation and causation, but okay.

The burden of proof is upon you, if you want to accuse a fighter of cheating.

You haven't been able to provide any proof, other than, "but, but, but... Fedor fought in Pride and they didn't test!" Fedor was tested many times throughout his career, including to both the same standards as UFC fighters at the time (e.g., Pride 32) and in international Sambo tournaments by the same committee and testing bodies that test Olympic athletes. He was never popped for PED use, and he won. He was a legitimate world champion in both MMA and in international Sambo for many years.

The burden of proof is on you. And nothing that you offered so far is even remotely reasonable evidence.

One event is proof for 42 fights?

No but it's a legitimate response and he really doesn't seem like the type of guy who would cheat. Maybe when he was young and into bodybuilding (he used to idolize some huge bodybuilder guy IIRC)... Most of the best have literally been caught for cheating anyway. Look how many P4P GOATs have been toppled since USADA.

I'll never ever watch MMA again. Fuck this shit. :(
lcoVUAWwjE-9XnFNE6axHAgV7JdC3FKD3ZQBCSWZvE7Lh53d2i3dCw4-_Ut60DffCDQvXqvAtZLNDtrM=w525-h219-nc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back