Floyd was old before. Now nobody talks about it.

Shinobi

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So, one of the main arguments of Conor's supporters and Conor himself is that Floyd was small and old. Conor had a great chance because Floyd was small, too old and inactive. I'm pretty sure you all saw this argument many times.

Now the fight is over. Conor won a couple of rounds, and all of the sudden he is great for lasting 10 rounds with the "greatest boxer in the world". All of the sudden, he lost to the greatest boxer in the world instead to a 40 yo brittle handed inactive boxer?

So, let me get this straight: Floyd is no longer old, small and inactive now? Isn't he too small? Because, if he really is old and small, like many of you said, including Conor himself, Dana White, Schuab, Rogan, Skip, etc, Conor doesn't really deserve that much credit. Why should a 29 yo in prime shape get so much credit for winning a couple of rounds against a retired boxer that hasn't even trained for 2 years, loaded with hand problems and 20 pounds lighter? I'm struggling to see what's so impressive about winning 3 rounds and then getting smoked by a guy who is so past it, according to what Conor and his supporters said previously.

It's just funny how people change their tune accordingly to what suits them better. Still remember how in every single interview Dana repeated the same: "Here's the thing, Floyd is 40, he hasn't fought in 3 years, he has trouble with southpaws, he is a small guy,, bla, bla, bla". Now every interview he gives is about how amazing Conor is for lasting 10 rounds with a guy that Dana himself said would never finish Conor. And Conor's fans essentially repeat the same BS.

It's just fascinating, i think.

Last edited:
Yeap.

People keep bringing it up when all Conor ever did was remind people how small and old Floyd is.

It's amazing honestly, the way the fans make out like surviving 10 rounds with a 40 year old who retired 2 years ago, weighed 147 pounds as some moral victory is hillarious.

Very good point. He went from a small, old, brittle handed bitch who just runs and was retired and 40 years old, and that Conor would be too big and young and powerful (lol) for. Now he's "THE BEST POUND FOR POUND BOXER THAT EVER LIVED, AND CONOR WON A COUPLE OF ROUNDS OMG!!".

So, one of the main arguments of Conor's supporters and Conor himself is that Floyd was small and old. Conor had a great chance because Floyd was small, too old and inactive. I'm pretty sure you all saw this argument many times.

Now the fight is over. Conor won a couple of rounds, and all of the sudden he is great for lasting 10 rounds with the "greatest boxer in the world". All of the sudden, he lost to the greatest boxer in the world instead to a 40 yo brittle handed inactive boxer?

So, let me get this straight: Floyd is no longer old, small and inactive now? Isn't he too small? Because, if he really is old and small, like many of you said, including Conor himself, Dana White, Schuab, Rogan, Skip, etc, Conor doesn't really deserve that much credit. Why should a 29 yo in prime shape get so much credit for winning a couple of rounds against a retired boxer that hasn't even trained for 2 years, loaded with hand problems and 20 pounds lighter? I'm struggling to see what's so impressive about winning 3 rounds and then getting smoked by a guy who is so past it, according to what Conor and his supporters said previously.

It's just funny how people change their tune accordingly to what suits them better. Still remember how in every single interview Dana repeated the same: "Here's the thing, Floyd is 40, he hasn't fought in 3 years, he has trouble with southpaws, he is a small guy,, bla, bla, bla". Now every interview he gives is about how amazing Conor is for lasting 10 rounds with a guy that Dana himself said would never finish Conor. And Conor's fans essentially repeat the same BS.

It's just fascinating, i think.
In particular, Conor repeatedly and arrogantly used the expression "frail" to describe Mayweather. It made me cringe each time he said it. What a load of $hit.

There's also the clinch thing. Floyd was supposed to get destroyed in the clinch. Instead he pushed Conor off with his forearms and landed clean exit shots anytime Conor didn't arm drag or duck under to uselessly take his back.

It's called hyping a fight, bro. They needed the people who don't closely follow either sport to buy in so they could both make a lot of money. If you can't understand that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Also, if you let a few sherdog trolls/over-zealous fans who were probably drunk while posting represent the entire Conor and/or MMA over Boxing fan base, then you're also probably the type of person who watches the news for 15 minutes and comes away thinking that all republicans hate women or that all democrats hate America (depending on which network you watch).

Very good point. He went from a small, old, brittle handed bitch who just runs and was retired and 40 years old, and that Conor would be too big and young and powerful (lol) for. Now he's "THE BEST POUND FOR POUND BOXER THAT EVER LIVED, AND CONOR WON A COUPLE OF ROUNDS OMG!!".
It's called hyping a fight, bro. They needed the people who don't closely follow either sport to buy in so they could both make a lot of money. If you can't understand that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Also, if you let a few sherdog trolls/over-zealous fans who were probably drunk while posting represent the entire Conor and/or MMA over Boxing fan base, then you're also probably the type of person who watches the news for 15 minutes and comes away thinking that all republicans hate women or that all democrats hate America (depending on which network you watch).

No shit, they're hyping the fight. That means they shouldn't be accountable for anything they do or say? "oh, i'm hyping a fight, i can be dumb all i want. I can lie, i can disrespect, i can do whatever i want". Yeah, sure. It doesn't work like that. Fact is, they all had to eat crow and now they are in damage control mode. Is there a problem with pointing that out and making fun of them? I don't think so.

And who said i said trolls represent Conor's fanbase? I'm pretty sure that there are Conor fans who aren't freaking stupid and delusional. I was one of them. You can be a fan and still the truth. My posts are obviously directed to the dark side of the fanbase. Which, btw, isn't as small of a percentage as you might seem to think. They're many. Many, many, many dumb fangirls. Both online and offline. More than enough to tarnish the image of his entire fanbase. Let's be real: how many hardcore Conor fans have you seen here that are sensible? Not many.

My posts are obviously directed to the dark side of the fanbase. Which, btw, isn't as small of a percentage as you might seem to think. They're many. Many, many, many dumb fangirls. Both online and offline. More than enough to tarnish the image of his entire fanbase. Let's be real: how many hardcore Conor fans have you seen here that are sensible? Not many.
Fair enough. But I don't think stupid Conor fans should tarnish his whole fan base just like I don't think all boxing fans are morons just over some of its fans' weird ass circle jerk in all the threads after the fight.

And there are a lot of sensible fans; they just don't start tons of stupid ass threads and have 1000's of posts in a short while, so they go unnoticed, I guess.

Fair enough. But I don't think stupid Conor fans should tarnish his whole fan base just like I don't think all boxing fans are morons just over some of its fans' weird ass circle jerk in all the threads after the fight.

And there are a lot of sensible fans; they just don't start tons of stupid ass threads and have 1000's of posts in a short while, so they go unnoticed, I guess.

Regardless, the point is that Conor tends to attract more stupid people than any other fighter. It's difficult to find a fighter that has this kind of fanbase. Did you see the way they blocked Floyd's car? That's not something we usually see in combat sports, but Conor is attracting those kind of people. If you're childish and disrespectful most of the time. who do you expect to follow you? People who are the opposite of what you are? I don't think so.

These people need to be put in their place, and you do that by humiliating them and showing to the world how dumb they are. If you like Conor and don't act like a dumb fuck, more power to you. Like i said, these posts are directed at people who act like retards. If you wanna go around talking about the "touch of death" and stupid shit like that and also disrespecting other fighters, man, you gotta expect some backlash. Reality here is that Conor isn't nearly as good as a lot of people think and it's nice to see them getting shocked by reality. A lot of them end up disappearing. In a way, it helps to clean the envornment. Look at this section. You don't see nearly as many fangirl topics as you used to see. They've been shut down.

Yet, all those things are true - Floyd IS old, retired, smaller, inactive, brittle hands. Floyd himself said he wasn't even the same fighter he was even 2 years ago let alone 15 yrs ago when he was at his best. He said that a Floyd in his prime wouldn't have let a fighter if Berto's calibre go the distance.

So the truth is that before the fight with Conor, Floyd was too small, too old, too frail, brittle hands, retired. After their fight all these things are still true. Conor got beaten in an aggressive manner by a defensive boxer who right now would get beaten badly by any top 10 boxer.

Conor did not go 10 rounds before getting TKO'd by the best. He got dominated by a boxer who was the best and is now just a shell of his former self.

Yet, all those things are true - Floyd IS old, retired, smaller, inactive, brittle hands. Floyd himself said he wasn't even the same fighter he was even 2 years ago let alone 15 yrs ago when he was at his best. He said that a Floyd in his prime wouldn't have let a fighter if Berto's calibre go the distance.

So the truth is that before the fight with Conor, Floyd was too small, too old, too frail, brittle hands, retired. After their fight all these things are still true. Conor got beaten in an aggressive manner by a defensive boxer who right now would get beaten badly by any top 10 boxer.

Conor did not go 10 rounds before getting TKO'd by the best. He got dominated by a boxer who was the best and is now just a shell of his former self.

That usually has to be repeated every two hours in this forum. People just ignore it and pretend Conor fought the best boxer in the world.

two of my firends (biggest mcgregor dick riders) before the fight: floyd is old, he cant box, conor is much bigger, younger, the better athlete, he isnt top 50, conor has boxing exp, mma best striker, deadly left, he makes 12 rounds with 0 problems, has a better cardio etc.

after the fight: 9 rounds! more punches than mac/canelo, TBE, has no gas etc ...

{<jordan}
$

$

The narrative that made the most sense for the UFC was to emphasize that Floyd on paper didn't match up very well (which is true). The problem is Floyd's skills are so high they are basically unrecognizable from anyone outside seasoned pro boxers so it's not easy to quantify how to weight them against physical disadvantages.

Floyd's boxing skills and experience trumped all the disadvantages he had. Floyd came right out and said it "I've got enough left to beat Conor". What the UFC did was highlight the obvious, Mayweather spoke the subtle truth.

The narrative that made the most sense for the UFC was to emphasize that Floyd on paper didn't match up very well (which is true). The problem is Floyd's skills are so high they are basically unrecognizable from anyone outside seasoned pro boxers so it's not easy to quantify how to weight them against physical disadvantages.

Floyd's boxing skills and experience trumped all the disadvantages he had. Floyd came right out and said it "I've got enough left to beat Conor". What the UFC did was highlight the obvious, Mayweather spoke the subtle truth.

And now i'm highlighting how retarded so many people are for believing the hype and not being able to see the obvious. There was never no fucking way Conor would beat Floyd.

"You can't beat me, man"
- Floyd

That line was the most honest thing that came out Floyd's mouth during the whole promotion. A lot of talk about him being old, a lot of props given to Conor, a lot of fake insecurity. But when he said that to Conor's face, that was the most genuine moment of the whole build up and i knew for a fact at that moment that there was not a shadow of doubt in his mind that he would beat Conor.

boxers are not randomly tested year round... also Floyd pays USADA and he gets therapeutic use exemptions for 750 ML iv's during camp... olympic standard is 50.

steroids.... A athlete is fake

thats why NFL is dieing, NBA is dieing...still don't understand why watching grown ass men roided up playing a kids game is exciting for people

Last edited:
two of my firends (biggest mcgregor dick riders) before the fight: floyd is old, he cant box, conor is much bigger, younger, the better athlete, he isnt top 50, conor has boxing exp, mma best striker, deadly left, he makes 12 rounds with 0 problems, has a better cardio etc.

after the fight: 9 rounds! more punches than mac/canelo, TBE, has no gas etc ...

{<jordan}
$

$

i bet you're the little bitch everyone makes fun of

Back