Floyd, Ward, Malignaggi - Jealous of fighters with natural power?

stuff jones

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
You saw Floyd and Ward constantly shitting on GGG and now Wilder. Paulie couldn't stop hating on Manny.

Do fighters born without the gift of power tend to be jealous of fighters who are born with that gift? They probably had to work a lot harder to get where they got and overcome their physical limitations.

You saw Floyd and Ward constantly shitting on GGG and now Wilder. Paulie couldn't stop hating on Manny.

Do fighters born without the gift of power tend to be jealous of fighters who are born with that gift? They probably had to work a lot harder to get where they got and overcome their physical limitations.
Maybe its the perfect records they have that really makes them mad at the guys who lose.

Let's expect nothing but sound, unbiased and valuable insights from this thread.

Can't be serious...... All the fighters you mentioned are very skillful and have an appreciation for skill in its pure form. And so obviously they are gonna be critical of fighters that have gaps in their skill because they have an eye for seeing weakness's in fighters.

I can see it with Paulie actually. But Ward and Floyd? Nahhhhh no way, those guys are winners. I will say I think Ward tends to favor the boxer over the aggressive fighter in his analysis but that's a style thing. Floyd was a really good puncher up to 140 lbs too, so that makes no sense.

Paulie has actually recently said in interviews that he was too critical of Pacquiao in the past. Basically saying that although he still believes Pacquiao was doping, he didn't know how widespread it was at the top of the sport and that practically everyone with a long career at the top in boxing does it, making it unfair of him to have singled out Pacquiao to the extent that he did.

I think paulie might

I like paulie as a commentator. But man does he have some absolutely bizzare grudges lol

If you cant KO somebody but just touch with a pillow....you are not a threat. Useless sport boxing.

mayweather had power until he jumped to 135. his ko ratio was really solid until 2004 or 2005. ward also packs a good punch.

malignaggi is pillow-fisted.

He has 2 KOs as a welter. Floyd has 4. People confuse his offensive skill for power. Manny really wasn't a huge puncher over 135.

I don't know, Norman Mailer once wrote of how Ali was in the gym by himself before the foreman fight and it was something along the lines of "he was punching the bag in a way as to say, 'walls here my thunder' and the walls did not hear" (you get the idea). A lot of times it's just temperament, guys like ali don't always try to hurt a guy, he wasn't a kayo puncher but he had some impressive kayoes, usually his kayos came from the volleys of punches he threw. I'm sure there were times in his career where he really tried to put guys away and couldn't but I doubt if he was particularly worried about it. If he was, he'd have fought totally differently, same with a lot of the boxers of the sport. Camacho had a a slew of knockouts before he just lost his killer instinct and decided he didn't want to hurt anyone.

I can see it with Paulie actually. But Ward and Floyd? Nahhhhh no way, those guys are winners. I will say I think Ward tends to favor the boxer over the aggressive fighter in his analysis but that's a style thing. Floyd was a really good puncher up to 140 lbs too, so that makes no sense.

That was my thought too. Floyd had plenty of power until he got to 147, where he still had enough to keep guys honest.

He has 2 KOs as a welter. Floyd has 4. People confuse his offensive skill for power. Manny really wasn't a huge puncher over 135.
Well, we only saw him once at 140 but he KTFOd hatton, which has to count for something. I agree though that at 147 Manny really wasn't a hitter.

Paulie is the queerest of them all and cries about ref’s socks during a fight. It’s probably why the British gravitate to Paulie so much, they like to believe in bullshit.

Ward shitting on GGG makes sense, he wanted that fight.

I think Floyd is kind of attention hungry. I wouldn't say that is too far fetched of a claim. If the light isn't on him, he seems to find a way to redirect it back to him.

If you cant KO somebody but just touch with a pillow....you are not a threat. Useless sport boxing.

welcome to the boxing forum. there is a very quick fix to your issue with the rules and viewing of boxing...simply fuck off and dont bother commenting in a boxing forum and dont watch it on tv. Laters princess :)

I think paulie might

I like paulie as a commentator. But man does he have some absolutely bizzare grudges lol
I think what it actually was with these guys was that they got sick of talking about Pac everytime they were interviewed. Floyd and Paulie, anyway.

I think what it actually was with these guys was that they got sick of talking about Pac everytime they were interviewed. Floyd and Paulie, anyway.
I recall paulie going on these bizzare rants about pac and steriods. Like 10-15 minute rants....

manny needs to fight paulie before either retire.

Paulie, yes but the other 2 are awesome boxers. They have nothing to be salty over.

Back