Floyd v Dana: Shots Fired!

All I'm saying is that there is a lot of hate in the boxing community which you refuse to acknowledge, no one on the level of Dana white but it exists. That's all I'm saying. Ellie interviews a ton of boxers and ALWAYS brings up mma in a negative fashion, then he gets negative reactions from the fighters themselves because they are being prompted with those questions.
Who are these boxers? Any of not? You never asked me if i thought some of the boxing community hates on MMA, if you did i would have said yes. Just name me some people of note in the last year that have dumped on MMA, i doubt you can. Actually dont bother becasue i am over this lol.

All I'm saying is that there is a lot of hate in the boxing community which you refuse to acknowledge, no one on the level of Dana white but it exists. That's all I'm saying. Ellie interviews a ton of boxers and ALWAYS brings up mma in a negative fashion, then he gets negative reactions from the fighters themselves because they are being prompted with those questions.

The thing is if boxers are talking about MMA that's some good free advertising for the sport. Especially if someone of the stature of Floyd does, he's far more well known than anyone in MMA.

The thing is if boxers are talking about MMA that's some good free advertising for the sport. Especially if someone of the stature of Floyd does, he's far more well known than anyone in MMA.

Oh I agree, I've always said boxing is the much bigger sport. Just wish there was more respect between the two is all.

Oh I agree, I've always said boxing is the much bigger sport. Just wish there was more respect between the two is all.

I think between the fighters there is deep down, perhaps moreso for MMA fighters respecting boxing. At the end of the day they're combat sport athletes and I'm sure they all respect each other, though because they're fighters they can't resist talking shit.

I think between the fighters there is deep down, perhaps moreso for MMA fighters respecting boxing. At the end of the day they're combat sport athletes and I'm sure they all respect each other, though because they're fighters they can't resist talking shit.

Exactly, no fighter is ever gonna say he would lose to someone else flat out, too much pride and ego involved.

Hey.... I don't care what anyone thinks on this matter, the fact is Dana White has got to be flippin' stunned that he's drawn the attention of one of the best athletes in the world.

Imagine that, you're just some regular schlub, goof-poof and then one day you get called out and dissed by Mayweather?
This can only work to the benefit of Dana. Drawing the ire (hey, attention is attention) of someone that popular in that popular of a sport has got to be a HUGE ego boost for White.

You have to put this into perspective: you're a bald-headed virgin.... you hang out with and associate with some of the lowest rungs of humanity. You head up a fledgling sport that focus on No Holds Combat where cast offs from karate, kung fu, various forms of grappling congregate..... and then one merry ol' day a combatant in one of the world's premier sports focuses his gaze upon you. But not just any combatant in one of the world's historical premier sports.... but one of the best ever in that historically premier sport.

You'll have people that don't usually talk about mixed combat hobbyists starting to murmur things like "what the hell is this mixed styles fighting thingy all about??".

Twist it however you want.... but Dana White and NHBers come out ahead in this.

This isn't new. Floyd helped Dana make some money by wearing his company's patch on his trunks. Floyd is very generous to the people he has around him, and Dana was once one of those people.

It is kinda funny how Floyd says, "He was a nice guy, a nice square guy. Now he shaved his head and acts rugged and tough," or something like that.

It's also very telling that when Floyd was asked about all these UFC fighters, he completely ignored the fighters, and responded directly about the CEO. Floyd doesn't see himself on the same level as anybody in the UFC.

you understand this world and all it's glory Mr Nac. Dana knows this as well and accepts it inside.

lol It's hard to be a tough guy when you are driving around in a broken down Honda. I pretty much agree with Floyd on this one. Money and power definitely changed Dana into a wanna be gangsta mogul.

This isn't new. Floyd helped Dana make some money by wearing his company's patch on his trunks. Floyd is very generous to the people he has around him, and Dana was once one of those people.

It is kinda funny how Floyd says, "He was a nice guy, a nice square guy. Now he shaved his head and acts rugged and tough," or something like that.

It's also very telling that when Floyd was asked about all these UFC fighters, he completely ignored the fighters, and responded directly about the CEO. Floyd doesn't see himself on the same level as anybody in the UFC.

He doesnt see himself on the same level of the fighters, cause he has more $$$ then the president of the UFC.

Not everyone says that about Conor, much like Floyd he is hated as much, if not more, than he is liked. Conor is not called a thug because he doesn't have that personality or style. If Nick or Nate Diaz flashed a toy gun they would be called thugs and troubled because they actually have that personality. Stop making it about race. On the flip side blacks themselves do the SAME THING to their own race but in reverse, you often hear guys like Russel Wilson or RG3 not being "black enough" because they don't dress like rappers or talk with an urban accent.

Have you seen how arrogant and brash conor is? The guy even insulted some of the biggest ufc fighters in a press conference and acted like hes a juggernaught and miles above everyone. He has little respect for anyone unless they are paying him, and acts like a hoodlum posting pics brandishing guns.

Ya. What a role model.

Have you seen how arrogant and brash conor is? The guy even insulted some of the biggest ufc fighters in a press conference and acted like hes a juggernaught and miles above everyone. He has little respect for anyone unless they are paying him, and acts like a hoodlum posting pics brandishing guns.

Ya. What a role model.

Where did I say he was a role model? He is playing an act to sell fights and it works

Back