Floyd Sr Sh*ts his pants when shown video of Conor...

He's already seen the fight: Hint. Conor gets stopped.

400px-Hagler-Vito_42-36610837.jpg

It wasn't a fluke win. Dos Anjos was the obvious favorite but if you didn't think Alvarez was a threat to him, than you would be foolish.

Alvarez always had the chance at catching and finishing Dos Anjos. He would do the same in a rematch.

RDA passed out for 3 minutes before entering the octagon to fight Eddie Alvarez.

This is a fact.

I wouldn't say he was scared or even second guessing himself. I think the reason he got so quiet is because he liked what he was seeing.

Eddie's brawl style made Conor's movement look good. That simply cannot happen to Floyd Jr.

Conor has good MMA boxing. Among the best. But there's a big difference between MMA boxing and boxing. Floyd wins easily, Conor gets paid, that's that.
Exactly.

There are maybe 10 to 20 guys who ever boxed at 147 who are a real threat to stop, KO, Floyd Mayweather. Conor isn't one of them.

Conor is going to make a ton of money losing to Mayweather; it's not like the world didn't see Nate make him tap. Losing in boxing to a great fighter or losing to Nate who is barely .500, why not take the money and retire.

This is all a pure money spectacle.

Conor will make his fortune getting humiliated by Floyd in a boxing match, and all the naysayers will say boxing > MMA.

If Floyd ever agreed to FIGHT Conor in an MMA bout, the boxing vs mma argument would end with Floyd tapping out or getting choked unconscious.

Fighting is a multidimensional profession, and boxing is only a small part of it. It's unfortunate that our sports and media complex has assigned so much value to that one, small part of the overall combat game.

As hand to hand combat goes, Conor McGregor is light years ahead of Floyd Mayweather, but the contest they're arranging will not prove that.

This is not a contest over which style is better., it's just about making a buch of people even richer.

A boxer vs grapper match up happened in 1963 (as well as in UFC 1), everyone knows how these matches go. But anyway, I doubt this is going to happen. Floyd is just trolling Conor and the UFC.

McDelusional fans are funny. Anyone wanna make bets if this fight happens

Everyone thinks they can beat floyd until they actually fight him

Hahaha...

Talking all kinds of shit, and when he sees the video of Conor boxing Eddie's head off he can't even speak. He asks, terrified, what weight class that is. Finally he ends up saying something about "that stuff on the ground" and how Conor can't be allowed to do that to Floyd. Listen I know what everyone else knows about Floyd and Conor and the chances of what happening, but I can also read people as well as anyone with half a brain, and this man is on film here having his eyes opened and being faced with some shit he doesn't wanna see.

Side note, why does everyone associated with Floyd appear to have some sort of down syndrome or something?

You really need to ask?

Isn't this video like 200 years old ?

300. But I only saw it yesterday and it really struck me as interesting and amusing the change that comes over the man when he sees the video.

Floyd sr was asked to assess his Boxing skills, and it seems he was just struggling to make sense of what he was looking at; he is not used to watching MMA. This fight involved leg kicks, Conor attacking Alvarez while on the ground and other things. In another case when he was shown footage of Conor sparring (this time only Boxing) he responded immediately with ridicule.

The reality is an MMA match is not a Boxing match, and you are not truly outboxing someone unless only punches are permitted. How do you think a jujitsu guy like Gabriel Gonzaga headkick Koed a kickboxing icon like Crocop? He would be destoryed if he tried to take Mirko on in a ring. Because once you introduce other combat technique options it is simply a different game.

You're right of course and I understand that, my only point was it's amusing how his bravado changed in a heartbeat. Maybe all it is is him focusing on the video, but it really doesn't look like it to me. His asking about the weight, his saying oh that ground stuff won't be allowed, it looks like he's grasping at straws and trying to rationalize what he's seeing in his own head.

Back