Floyd Out Of Retirement For Conor? No way. What gives? I know, 100 threads on this stupidity, but...

Will Floyd Box Conor Looking To Go To 50-0 as a pro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Two guys getting paid pretty much. It'll be a spectacle but not much of a fight.

I hope the match ends on an NC or DQ in the first round for the lolz.
tenor.gif

Edit: and to top it off both fighters test positive for recreational drugs.

I hope the match ends on an NC or DQ in the first round for the lolz.
tenor.gif

Edit: and to top it off both fighters test positive for recreational drugs.
Conor might test low levels of testosterone , he just gave birth to a baby , so that might rise flags but at east he has a built in excuse

Will it be 6 x 2 minute rounds or something - no way McGregor lasts 12 x 3 even if Floyd takes it easy on him

Will it be 6 x 2 minute rounds or something - no way McGregor lasts 12 x 3 even if Floyd takes it easy on him

I thought they said straight boxing match, so I assumed 10 rounds of 3 minutes. I don't know. Can Conor get sanctioned to fight Floyd? I don't know. Was it @Queen B who made reference to maybe Floyd announcing a fight before that fight? I don't know. I really thought anything made sense AFTER he was 50-0, but I just didn't really believe he'd take a "bout" with Conor to go 50-0 and break Marciano's record. I guess if the money is right. That's why I think this is a non-starter, though. Dana/UFC doesn't want this and will make it a "non-offer". A 50/50 split, for example. That would be a way to avoid the fight, not try to make it. Dana/UFC/Conor has to set their sights much lower than the figures they think they want and get down towards the figures they would deserve in this matchup. Anything better than a 70/30 split in Floyd's favor is being very generous to them, IMO. I wouldn't be shocked if he wanted more to start. Throws out 80/20 or something.

Why wouldn't Floyd take this fight? It's possibly the greatest risk/reward ratio in boxing history. He'll make probably a 100 million or more to beat up a guy who's never had a pro fight before. Floyd would be a moron not to take it.

Still don't see the ufc allowing it, they'll Lowball Floyd, say they tried to make it work but it was too hard.

Allowing your biggest investment get destroyed for what 75 million?

Still don't see the ufc allowing it, they'll Lowball Floyd, say they tried to make it work but it was too hard.

They created a monster with Mcgregor. From him and Rousey they now believe they can make their own stars from the ground up.

They are cashing out on him. Especially since he wont fight on the regular and refuses to make normal defenses.
Plus hes still going to be a big MMA draw. Brock and Rhonda still pulled in the #s and media despite losing more than once. Mcgregor still pulled big #s after his loss.
Plus you have the built in excuse of it was boxing not MMA.
The new owners also need to make as much money as possible as fast as possible.

It will only build the McGregor brand and mystique, and hype his next UFC fight to the max. "I've taken on the best boxer in history" blah blah blah

EDIT: and he won't be the biggest draw for ever and I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC looks to cash him out then freeze him out before any other fighters start getting ideas above their stations...

McGregor applied for a boxing license in Nevada according to reports

My question is, shouldnt a Mixed Martial License already include Boxing?

McGregor applied for a boxing license in Nevada according to reports

My question is, shouldnt a Mixed Martial License already include Boxing?
No because they're 2 completely different sports. More different than many make out.

Hope he doesn't, it's a joke and a payday that Conor doesn't even deserve.

Unless I'm up, got no interest in watching it, just there for them to make money, no real fight, Floyd will carry him for a few rounds and by then Conor will has anyway. Both will hug and kiss after and Floyd will act like conor does have some future boxing... lol

It will only build the McGregor brand and mystique, and hype his next UFC fight to the max. "I've taken on the best boxer in history" blah blah blah

EDIT: and he won't be the biggest draw for ever and I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC looks to cash him out then freeze him out before any other fighters start getting ideas above their stations...
Yea but getting pummelled standing? I just really don't see how it's worth it for the ufc.. Their own fault though, they caused this by giving Conor everything he wanted lol.

I guess WME does need that quick cash as every card this year is doing 250-300k numbers.

There is a whole lot of money at stake for pretty easy work. Floyd barely has to train for this, so it's easily worth it for him. If Floyd is a businessman, he has to love his ROI in this situation.

The way Floyd has been talking about Conor makes it seem like he wants the fight. If he wasn't interested he would talk a lot of shit and disparage McGregor whenever he got the chance. Instead Floyd has been giving him some minor complements because in this case he needs to create the pretense that this is something more than a freakshow.

This can only look bad on Floyd. McG gets a huge payday with nothing expected of him. If it goes 12 Floyd looks a bit silly.

I would definitely be a bit shocked if Floyd doesn't finish it. But realistically, why take the risk? He'll coast to an easy UD, 50-45, is my bet.

This can only look bad on Floyd. McG gets a huge payday with nothing expected of him. If it goes 12 Floyd looks a bit silly.
i can't for the life of me understand why anyone expects conor to make it out of there. he has been finished in all his MMA losses, he isn't some gritty guy that can't be put away. and he's been tagged by the tremendous power puncher that is nate diaz, lol. floyd can probably drop conor with his jab.

we're talking about a boxing match between the best pro boxer and a guy who wouldn't find success in the amateurs. and contrary to popular belief, floyd packs power. the only reason he wasn't putting guys away in the late stages of his career was the fact that they were all elite boxers with damn good chins. conor is neither an elite boxer, nor does he possess a tremendous chin.

He'll coast to an easy UD, 50-45, is my bet.
i somehow doubt this would be a 5 round fight.

Who would Floyd choose as sparring partners to prepare for this fight?!

It would be 10 rounds, right? Non-title bout? Thing is, no way Conor doesn't wilt by 5, if Floyd chooses to carry him that far. Different sport, he's not used to it, adrenaline dump, etc.
Conor can't possibly go 10 rounds in a boxing match, much less 12. Would be my guess. Nothing against him, it's just a different world with different, much heavier gloves, he's done early. Gasses out after a few rounds tops, I'd think. Were it to really go off.

Back