Floyd Out Of Retirement For Conor? No way. What gives? I know, 100 threads on this stupidity, but...

Will Floyd Box Conor Looking To Go To 50-0 as a pro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kadyrov didn't even let him take a turn in the firing squad. Hospitality isn't what it used to be.

That's what the next visit is for. The first was just to meet and shoot the shit, not the dissidents. He'll hand him a gold assault rifle like Badr Hari was given.

I'm desperately hoping this fight happens purely for the pre-fight theatrics and overall novelty of it. It's going to be glorious! We'll see if McGregor can actually get under May's skin.

As for the actual fight though, Floyd might actually finish this one. If not, UD no question. I'd be shocked if it was anything other than 50-45. It's going to be a joke. (But the pre-fight will be worth every second of it)

I think they are both mugging off the fans, mainly McGregor fans. It is a freak show, Connor doesn't deserve to share the ring with Floyd, just the same if it was Floyd stepping in to the octagon. I at least they take the fight seriously rather than it being an 'exhibition fight'. I have no issue buy boxing cards, but Ill be fcked if im buying this one. I will watch it though just to see McGregors ego take another battering

I'm desperately hoping this fight happens purely for the pre-fight theatrics and overall novelty of it. It's going to be glorious! We'll see if McGregor can actually get under May's skin.

As for the actual fight though, Floyd might actually finish this one. If not, UD no question. I'd be shocked if it was anything other than 50-45. It's going to be a joke. (But the pre-fight will be worth every second of it)
i don't understand why people think it could possibly go the distance.

floyd can literally land at will on conor. not figuratively, literally. he can hit him with anything he wants, any time he wants, and land cleanly. nate diaz had conor stunned, for fuck's sake. floyd will turn his lights out in a round, i'll honestly be pretty shocked if conor makes it out of the first.

I still don't think this happens. I guess I should say I hope it doesn't Not for his 50th win. Makes no sense for the record. Not only can Floyd hit him at will, but Conor can't hit Floyd cleanly PERIOD. So,...

Maybe for 51st win. But someone else before that. Hell, give Canelo a rematch. Then wreck Conor.

Last edited:
I still don't think this happens. I guess I should say I hope it doesn't Not for his 50th win. Makes no sense for the record. Not only can Floyd hit him at will, but Conor can't hit Floyd cleanly PERIOD. So,...

Maybe for 51st win. But someone else before that. Hell, give Canelo a rematch. Then wreck Conor.

Financially it makes perfect sense...

I mean, why wouldn't Mayweather take this fight?

It's a freakshow fight, and a very safe fight for Mayweather...and he's going to make multiple millions. this fight will promote itself.

this is ever Safer for Holmes, than his silly fight with Gerry Cooney.

I get why he would do it, but not for 50-0. For 51-0 ye$, but...

Discussing this with people who don't know what they're talking about is hilarious. "Well McGregor knocked out Aldo in like 15 second and Aldo was supposed to be his toughest fight so he can hit Mayweather with some big" lol.

the ufc made conor, they were the ones that gave him special treatment, at first he earned it by winning his fw fights but after he got the belt they gave him special priveledges and allowed him to dictate who he fought.

Never defended the fw belt after aldo pleaded for a rematch multiple times, didn't earn his lw title shot and the whole fight was obviously put together knowing conor would beat eddie, takes on diaz twice while holding up the fw division....imo he's the worst fw champion ever considering no defenses.

now he wants to box floyd instead of defending his lw title, basically the ufc runs more like a business not a sport where players/teams earn there way to championships. the whole climing up the ladder to get a title shot isn't consistent throughout the organiziation.

my final opinion on this is conor has no interest in being the best mma fighter or a p4p mma fighter at this point in his life its all about money, he's making all this money in a short period of time while he's young, he can retire at any time and after a floyd fight he's pretty much set for life he won't have to fight and will have accomplishments under him, if he happens actually fight and beat floyd that would be huge for his name.

i think if floyd wants to hit 50-0 that a fight with a legit boxer would be accepted by against an mma fighter i wouldn't consider that a legit boxing win if floyd beats him simply because conor isn't a professional boxer.

this fight is all about money and conor doesn't care about being like gsp or anderson silva goat's who didn't dictate who they were gonna fight and did what was asked, proved by defending and winning there titles multiple times that they are what a p4p fighter is or someone you can call goat.

conor doesn't want to defend he just wants to win belts just to say he won the belt, and make as much money as possible, smart on his part but when there's fighters who are working towards a title shot or who want to be like gsp or silva and hold and defend there belt for a long period of time it sucks for those fighters when conor is allowed to piss around and hold up the division.

what is the angle, here? Just callin' out? I mean Conor has 4 fights left in UFC and Dana will not let Floyd clown him for several rounds before closing his eyes and stopping him around the 5th/6th round, so what gives with this stuff? And why would Mayweather want his 50th to be Conor versus a rematch with Pac or Canelo, for example? Are they both just using the other to keep their names hot? Dana would sue Conor until he had no money left from the purse, so I see it as a non-starter. Plus, the idea that Conor can compete in a pure boxing match with Floyd is as absurd as me saying I want to compete against Usain Bolt in the 100M because I beat some other guys at it, even though Nate Diaz beat me to the line when I ran the 100M against him.
7a7e7600-0683-11e7-8170-b5d16fe1f25e_mayweather1.jpg.cf.jpg

Sorry for another thread on this, but I mean I'm so sick of hearing about it and people acting like Conor has a chance under boxing rules. It's SO fucking stupid I want to spit a nail. Thoughts from the regulars as to what is really going on? I mean, he's not boxing Conor to go 50-0, right? RIGHT!?
Thoughts on the real here from those in the know? @RR, what do you think, brother? Just horseshit puffing and maybe Floyd takes on a boxer to go 50-0 after not making this deal? Would it even be sanctioned? I just don't get it.

Floyd Mayweather comes out of retirement
Floyd Mayweather announced on Saturday that he's coming out of retirement to take on the UFC star.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/f...june-fight-with-conor-mcgregor-154406602.html
'Simple and plain, let's fight in June' »

they are either doing it for the money

or UFC is paying maywether, to keep Conors name hot, for his last 4 fights.

and he's gonna make over 30 million for this too, most likely more.

Mayweather would be an idiot NOT to take this fight.

and Conor will laugh his way to the bank.
And I'm making a @Sharkey like prediction.

After Conor gets the $hit kicked out of him, in the post fight interview, he'll say something like, "ok Mayweather, let's do it in my house now...in the Octagon with MMA rules!!"

and Mayweather will humor the thought and never follow through while laughing his way to bank as well.

great call, and then the new huge controversy will be OMG mayweather is going to fight MMA. But he wont.

People should boycott this. Fuck these two clowns. And fuck Floyd for making a mockery out of the sport of boxing.

its become more of a reality show than about fighting, kinda like TUF

@PUO3 and @RR, 'bout time to merge these Floyd/Conor threads, no? You can use this prime POS one if you like since the poll has another ten days or so left.

It can also run its course, I guess. But it might be a while.

@PUO3 and @RR, 'bout time to merge these Floyd/Conor threads, no? You can use this prime POS one if you like since the poll has another ten days or so left.

I agree with you but since they are so prevalent now we are letting them go as long as it's not a troll thread. They will all end up merged eventually

I saw a comment after the Iole story and was lol.
"I've also signed to fight Mayweather, and signed for my son to fight him as well. We're just waiting on Floyd."
Something like that...

Floyd is only taking a fight that he is 110% confident he will win at this point.

no way he would risk his 0 at this point.

Back