Floyd Out Of Retirement For Conor? No way. What gives? I know, 100 threads on this stupidity, but...

Will Floyd Box Conor Looking To Go To 50-0 as a pro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PHATV

Boss Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
what is the angle, here? Just callin' out? I mean Conor has 4 fights left in UFC and Dana will not let Floyd clown him for several rounds before closing his eyes and stopping him around the 5th/6th round, so what gives with this stuff? And why would Mayweather want his 50th to be Conor versus a rematch with Pac or Canelo, for example? Are they both just using the other to keep their names hot? Dana would sue Conor until he had no money left from the purse, so I see it as a non-starter. Plus, the idea that Conor can compete in a pure boxing match with Floyd is as absurd as me saying I want to compete against Usain Bolt in the 100M because I beat some other guys at it, even though Nate Diaz beat me to the line when I ran the 100M against him.
7a7e7600-0683-11e7-8170-b5d16fe1f25e_mayweather1.jpg.cf.jpg

Sorry for another thread on this, but I mean I'm so sick of hearing about it and people acting like Conor has a chance under boxing rules. It's SO fucking stupid I want to spit a nail. Thoughts from the regulars as to what is really going on? I mean, he's not boxing Conor to go 50-0, right? RIGHT!?
Thoughts on the real here from those in the know? @RR, what do you think, brother? Just horseshit puffing and maybe Floyd takes on a boxer to go 50-0 after not making this deal? Would it even be sanctioned? I just don't get it.

Floyd Mayweather comes out of retirement
Floyd Mayweather announced on Saturday that he's coming out of retirement to take on the UFC star.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/f...june-fight-with-conor-mcgregor-154406602.html
'Simple and plain, let's fight in June' »

Of course he will. He's always about the most money for the least risk. What better way to top that off than one of his biggest paydays for the least risk he's ever faced?

Conor is quite an intelligent fella. I assume meanwhile common sense has set in and he realized has has no chance in hell in a boxing match against Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Conor is quite an intelligent fella. I assume meanwhile common sense has set in and he realized has has no chance in hell in a boxing match against Floyd Mayweather Jr.

He really is...he's going to be set for life after this fight.

He's going to get the $hit kicked out of him and I anticipate Floyd toying with him before TKOing him in round 4.

It would look stupid on Floyd's record for his 50th fight to be against someone making their boxing debut. JCC has a shitty opponent for his 50th as well but as least he kept fighting for a long time after.

And Conor just wants to make enough to fight once more and then retire since his heart isn't in fighting for the long term. He would never fight a quality guy his own size who has power and is in his 20's.

Floyd puts a Gatti style ass whooping' on McGregor.

Floyd puts a Gatti style ass whooping' on McGregor.

and he's gonna make over 30 million for this too, most likely more.

Mayweather would be an idiot NOT to take this fight.

and Conor will laugh his way to the bank.
And I'm making a @Sharkey like prediction.

After Conor gets the $hit kicked out of him, in the post fight interview, he'll say something like, "ok Mayweather, let's do it in my house now...in the Octagon with MMA rules!!"

and Mayweather will humor the thought and never follow through while laughing his way to bank as well.

and he's gonna make over 30 million for this too, most likely more.

Mayweather would be an idiot NOT to take this fight.

and Conor will laugh his way to the bank.
And I'm making a @Sharkey like prediction.

After Conor gets the $hit kicked out of him, in the post fight interview, he'll say something like, "ok Mayweather, let's do it in my house now...in the Octagon with MMA rules!!"

and Mayweather will humor the thought and never follow through while laughing his way to bank as well.
spot on

raw

Are they both just using the other to keep their names hot? Dana would sue Conor until he had no money left from the purse, so I see it as a non-starter.

This 100%.

Of course he will. He's always about the most money for the least risk. What better way to top that off than one of his biggest paydays for the least risk he's ever faced?

Spot on. This is why I've always thought this fight will happen, risk v reward for Floyd is off the charts, he gets his 50-0 with no issues. Conor loses but it's not at his sport so he argues his way out of that one no probs and goes back to the UFC reputation intact (with some good dollars). As long as Floyd can agree to terms with the UFC it's a no brainer in my opinion.

He really is...he's going to be set for life after this fight.

He's going to get the $hit kicked out of him and I anticipate Floyd toying with him before TKOing him in round 4.

I dont think Floyd goes for the knockout. I bet it's a slow decision, regardless of how bad McGregor is at boxing...if this fight even happens.

I dont think Floyd goes for the knockout. I bet it's a slow decision, regardless of how bad McGregor is at boxing...if this fight even happens.
why not? he can literally land at will, without getting hit in the process.

Have you ever seen an amateur try and ramp up from 4 rounds to even 8 or 10 without proper audition in the gym? Boxing 12 rounds is a very difficult thing to physically and mentally prepare for. McGregor can barely manage 5 MMA rounds.

Have you ever seen an amateur try and ramp up from 4 rounds to even 8 or 10 without proper audition in the gym? Boxing 12 rounds is a very difficult thing to physically and mentally prepare for. The most I've ever boxed continuously was 12 in the gym and I wasn't physically exhausted, but I couldn't think proper by that point. McGregor can barely manage 5 MMA rounds.

I'd like to add, if you've ever punched a card or worked hard in a trade otherwise, that whole system makes more sense, but if you haven't really ever worked hard, it all seems like too much. There is a reason why boxers generally come from the working class.

I don't believe fans are stupid enough to buy this fight! Mcgregor fans, and a few clueless casuals and Connor haters, and that is it. It isn't going to generate the money the fighters want and it wont happen. Not a dig at the OP but I am fckin bored of hearing about it. Floyd needs to stay retired and Connor needs to defend his LW belt and take his beating from Tony ferguson

Have you ever seen an amateur try and ramp up from 4 rounds to even 8 or 10 without proper audition in the gym? Boxing 12 rounds is a very difficult thing to physically and mentally prepare for. McGregor can barely manage 5 MMA rounds.

Yes. First hand, actually. One of the reasons I know my stuff is because I train in said stuff. Fighters were brought along with careful attention to details like that before T.V. killed the grassroots programs in boxing (much like how video killed the radio star, amirite?). At the same time, if someone doesn't want to get knocked out and they refuse to gamble big, they are harder to knock out. Who is that guy that King Kong Ortiz should have handled easier? We expected him to but (Malik Scott? i could be wrong) he did everything to not get KO'd. Ortiz can crack too. Mayweather spent his whole career not cutting off the ring, and McGregor can stay on his toes alright (and though the strategy of footwork is decidedly not in his favour, he can run circles if it comes down to it. Floyd hasn't taken a gamble since when? Chop Chop? Around that time, I figure.

Maybe McGregor goes for broke and says this and that about being a warrior that goes out on his shield?Maybe he doesn't want to take a nap in front of the biggest audience in his life? I know that Floyd doesn't really pursue knockouts and he would never deign to allow an MMA fighter to trade with him so I CAN see how he wins a lopsided, slow decision. I can see how he doesn't knock him out, and that that is a possibility.

If there is no 3 knockdowns rule, Conor wins a 120-96 UD. 12 knockdows, followed by Floyd running away for 2 minutes. Conor will not take the head off, he will toy with his food.

Accepting bets right now!

If there is no 3 knockdowns rule, Conor wins a 120-96 UD. 12 knockdows, followed by Floyd running away for 2 minutes. Conor will not take the head off, he will toy with his food.

Accepting bets right now!
You want to bet on a fictitious rule set ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back