Floyd on how he beat Pacquiao

nac386

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Nothing groundbreaking here. But the calmer, more thoughtful, old man Floyd has become an interesting guy to listen to.

Anyone up for a walk and a game of chess? Maybe we talk about the fights on the way there? Who knows, great thread btw.

I wonder if floyd will consider coaching one day?

I doubt it. He spent too much time boxing and seems to enjoy his free time too much. Plus he's used to having all of the attention on him, and he's undefeated. If he trained somebody, he'd have to give up the attention and take some L's.

I doubt it. He spent too much time boxing and seems to enjoy his free time too much. Plus he's used to having all of the attention on him, and he's undefeated. If he trained somebody, he'd have to give up the attention and take some L's.
Are you saying he is ducking training someone for fear of a.L .... lol i love it

I don't mean it in rude way I enjoyed the remark

Nothing groundbreaking here. But the calmer, more thoughtful, old man Floyd has become an interesting guy to listen to.

It's how Marquez was able to always have success - and also how he scored that colossal KO, Manny Pacquiao when coming for an offensive flurry always has a stutter step that Marquez was able to time. Mayweather was also able to catch him in between this stutter step, and like he described perfectly, reset and repeat.

Waited till a guy who was more athleticism dependent than him got old?

Is it true that Floyd can't read? He sounds so intelligent when he speaks about boxing strategy that it's hard to believe. Maybe he is just a boxing savant.

Is it true that Floyd can't read? He sounds so intelligent when he speaks about boxing strategy that it's hard to believe. Maybe he is just a boxing savant.
He can read, just not very good at it. Probably stopped serious schooling by the time he was 14. Reads out loud about as well as todays 14yr olds.

Keep hating. No version of Pac (including the giant bobble head one that was on PED's) would have beaten Floyd. Get over it and stop being so salty.

Keep hating. No version of Pac (including the giant bobble head one that was on PED's) would have beaten Floyd. Get over it and stop being so salty.

Would have liked to have found out, but Floyd sure didn't want to.

And there's plenty of suspicious shit with Mayweather too, including guys at his gym admitting PED use.

Just because Floyd fought like a pussy (as he admits in this video) doesn't mean he wasn't on PEDs.

He can read, just not very good at it. Probably stopped serious schooling by the time he was 14. Reads out loud about as well as todays 14yr olds.
I'm pretty sure he reads and writes pretty well if he passed both promoter exams.
Idk what you're talking about either, he reads aloud the same way he talks in general.
Though I agree he probably couldn't read for shit as a teen. One should admire that he improved that as an adult where anyone else would say fuck it.
Paulie would be an amaizing coach. B-hop too.
That's rich. Floyd boxed JMM's ears till he dropped, And that happened right before JMM put Manny to sleep. Neither guy was ever eachothers mandetory, so these claims of ducking are ridiculous.
And there's plenty of suspicious shit with Mayweather too, including guys at his gym admitting PED use.

Just because Floyd fought like a pussy (as he admits in this video) doesn't mean he wasn't on PEDs.
Disrespectful BS right there calling long time p4p 1# rank a pussy, maybe stick to watching Gatti or Hatton if u like "standing and banging" both whom Floyd finished easily.
watch older Pretty May fights where he's a very active combo-puncher. Same when they asked Floyd in an interview about similarities between him and Ward who adopted alot from floyd(as Andre himself admitted). "No, he fights like Money, he does not fight like the younger Pretty boy"

I'm pretty sure he reads and writes pretty well if he passed both promoter exams.
Idk what you're talking about either, he reads aloud the same way he talks in general.
Though I agree he probably couldn't read for shit as a teen. One should admire that he improved that as an adult where anyone else would say fuck it.
I mean no disrespect to Floyd Im just referring to the video going around last year with him on a radio show trying to read a commercial announcement and falling all over himself. Didnt sound good, I was disappointed, but whatever, he's never been paid to be a spokesman.

He seems like a relatively smart guy who reads on a low level. He may have dyslexia or something. He is clearly smart enough and reads well enough to take care of what he needs to take care of. He put his kids in expensive private schools, so at least he learned from his deficiencies.

Back